Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newcastle Utd sponsored by Wonga!

Originally posted by LeakyBoots View Post
    To be fair to Wonga's P.R. department, at least they insisted on returning the name to St. James' Park
    Wonga Park, or St James's Wonga would've been OK by me!
    "If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards - checkmate!" Zapp Brannigan

Comment

Originally posted by joeriddick View Post
      Wonga never had to take a government bailout either so they're ahead as far I can see. In a league sponsored by a bank I don't think it's that big a deal, and this is as a Newcastle fan.

Sure, Wonga are loan sharks without the goons, but they provide a service and are legally able to advertise where they want.
      There's very little difference between legally wrong and morally wrong, demanding 4000% apr may be legally right but is it morally right? Landing us with a bill of 100 odd billion may have been legally right for AIB et al but it sure as hell isnt morally right. To me there is very little difference between the aforementioned AIB & co and Wonga. As Valencia said above when the repayments fail to come in what is the procedure for collections? "Goons" as you call them I'm sure are involved.

I've been to St James Park and met Shay Given there so have a soft spot for Newcastle so this isnt about club rivalary or anything like that.
      "Everything good about Ireland can be found in County Cork"....Lonely Planet Guide 2012

Comment

Originally posted by LeakyBoots View Post
        To be fair to Wonga's P.R. department, at least they insisted on returning the name to St. James' Park
        This may have been in the running before Ashley changed the name to Sports Direct Arena in the first place!! Clever if so, nice optics
        "They think they know us, but they haven't a clue"

Comment

Working...
        X