NCAA College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotreDameRFC View Post
    They might as well rechristen SEC as Legoland as everything seems to be fcuking awesome.

Auburn travel to Miss State this weekend and Ole Miss travel to the Aggies. That will shake things up a bit.
    knew you'd say something like that
    yes should be a shake up, Tar Heels is a should win
    seminoles loom large on the horizon

no matter what, the season has been turned around and am slightly perplexed why this does not seem to be recognised
    and critics like to harp on how ND are given preferential treatment by the voters !

Go Irish

Comment

ND 50 North Carolina 43 FT

We go 6-0 for the season. Given other possible results with Auburn and Baylor matches we maybe in top 4 in the country.

Only the national champions next week ;)

ND @Florida.

Miss State beating Auburn at the mo. Time to find a bar to watch the end.
      "Hell, I'm not saying I'm an angel, but when it came to dirty tricks I couldn't hold a candle to the Irish Mafia" Jimmy Hoffa

Comment

Ole Miss & State roll on
        one advantage of getting BT Sport for the euro rugby is I get ESPN including College GameDay
        Which allows me to link this
        http://vimeo.com/91715361
        Bama squeak past Hogs up in Arkansas

sorry ND, not sure giving up 43 to the Tar Heels bodes well for the trip down south.......
        although the Jameis Winston saga(s) rolls on
        good grief they thought Jonny Football was controversial !!!
        talking about JF, see Georgia RB has been selling his John Hancock - hope it was worth the Heisman.....

Comment

Elsewhere O's down 0-2 to Royals
          and they have to travel to KC for 3 back to back

Cards v Royals Fall Classic ???
          Heartland World Series

Comment

First 5 match ups defence was good. Golson had mixed day with a few picks.
            Baylor came back from dead to beat TCU 61-58 after scoring 21pts in last 11 mins including winning FG with 4 secs on clock.

Miss State still got to go to Bama and Ole Miss.
            Ole Miss got to go LSU & host Auburn and Miss State
            Baylor to play both Oklahomas.
            Seminoles will probably go unbeaten if they beat us. Louisville away about the hardest fixture.

Keep an eye out for teams sitting on one defeat to come back into it like Oregan.
            I can 6 or 7 teams sitting on one loss like Bama Ducks Spartans or even Georgia along with some of the teams mentioned above.
            Dawgs got tricky games @ Arkansas at home to Auburn.
            All to play for.. exciting times.

Time for the fighting irish to halt Seminoles next week!
            "Hell, I'm not saying I'm an angel, but when it came to dirty tricks I couldn't hold a candle to the Irish Mafia" Jimmy Hoffa

Comment

Feeling gutted. Went down 31-27 to national champions Florida Seminoles here in Tallahassee
              Played really well... so so close.
              Earlier this morning Keats pulled one out of the bag to snatch a win and we had TD disallowed with 3 secs on the clock for interference to win the game.

Sport giveth with one hand and taketh away with other.

Comment

Originally posted by NotreDameRFC View Post
                Feeling gutted. Went down 31-27 to national champions Florida Seminoles here in Tallahassee
                Played really well... so so close.
                Earlier this morning Keats pulled one out of the bag to snatch a win and we had TD disallowed with 3 secs on the clock for interference to win the game.

Sport giveth with one hand and taketh away with other.
                Gutted for notre dame lost so-so close very proud of them and we are back
                Golsen has to be in with a shot for the Heisman
                i still think if we run out the rest of the season with wins we can be in the playoffs
                great win for munster not good for the heart both games
                employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings,so that you shall gain easily what others have labored hard for. "socrates"
                beware the barrenness of a busy life, "socrates "
                who are you to judge the life i live? I know i'm not perfect-and i don't live to be-but before you start pointing fingers...make sure you hands are clean." BOB MARLEY
                we are what we repeatedly do.excellance,then,is not an act,but a habit ''aristotle''

Comment

Shame no Spartans matchup, win in that one would have made a playoff berth much easier.
                  would be good to get a shot at the Noles on neutral territory

Comment

7th
                    win out, should get to the show
                    hopefully Trojans and Sun Devils can keep form before being overcome

Comment

Originally posted by plastic View Post
                      7th
                      win out, should get to the show
                      hopefully Trojans and Sun Devils can keep form before being overcome

YES - lose 2 spots only still in top ten
                      kelly is b---hing about offense interference call ( wrong call)
                      lets hope they can keep winning till the end and maybe get a second shot FSU
                      also highest TV ratings 8.3 millions watch game last night
                      Ho boy were back
                      employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings,so that you shall gain easily what others have labored hard for. "socrates"
                      beware the barrenness of a busy life, "socrates "
                      who are you to judge the life i live? I know i'm not perfect-and i don't live to be-but before you start pointing fingers...make sure you hands are clean." BOB MARLEY
                      we are what we repeatedly do.excellance,then,is not an act,but a habit ''aristotle''

Comment

Don't think Golson will get in on the Heisman due to his year out - although bigger issues didn't stop Winston !

Comment

Golson first loss in regular seasin as QB for ND.
                          The interference call was a pain in the hole...but im far too biased to give impartial view on it.
                          Just to march up the field against the national champions "score" a TD to win game only to get it reversed was gutting.
                          Most neutrals , for once , felt for ND. A rarity indeed in football.
                          Goes to show unpopular Winston and the Criminoles are.

Anyway we have to win out from here on...and even that might not be enough for top 4.
                          No way a 2 loss team will make play offs.

Rugby fans who loved the Hcup because of the format on 1-8 rankings for QFs ( and that every result of every match matters) will or could appreciate the same for college football.
                          Every match matters now every top ten team left in the regular season.

My 2 cents..
                          No 2 Florida are safely in top 4 , only a trip to Louisville may trip up an unbeaten season.
                          No 1 ranked Miss State still have to travel to Bama and Ole miss. Huge ask to remain unbeaten.
                          No 3 ranked Ole Miss welcome No1 ranked Miss State and No 5 ranked Auburn. Have to be favs for SEC West cship having beat Bama already.
                          No 4 ranked Bama welcome Miss State and Auburn and tricky trip to LSU.
                          No 5 ranked Auburn can nearly be discounted at this stage. Already a one loss team they have to travel to Bama and Ole Miss.

So I think Sec West will be won by Ole Miss and they will play Georgia Dawgs for SEC cship. That in theory should make Georgia a two loss team but you never know.
                          Ironically a Georgia win in Sec cship might mean Bama lose out for top 4 and give Ole Miss a 2nd bite of cherry.

But there will be no more than 2 Sec Teams in national semi finals....and I think it will be Ole Miss and Bama who will join Florida Seminoles.

So there is only one other spot imo.
                          With Miss State and Auburn gone (imo) its a toss up between
                          Oregan
                          Michigan Spartans
                          Notre Dame

Spartans should see off the Buckeyes ( who already lost to Virginia Tech) for Big Ten East and should take Big Ten title v Nebraska or Minnesota. That would leave them a one loss team but the loss was against Oregan!!
                          Ducks can and should win out Pac12 conference but a loss v Arizona leaves them on one loss.

So to ND... Remain unbeaten and the only loss would be against National champions in their back yard to a questuonable call.
                          Would be seriously hard to overlook ND for semis when stacking up one loss teams like Oregan and Spartans.
                          The match @Arizona is the one. Winnable imo.

But who knows!

So Ole Miss ,Bama ,Florida and ND for me.

By the by it wiill be interesting to see how some of the conference teams manage a 12 game regular season, a conference final, a national semi final and national championship over a few weeks.
                          Highlights a flaw where an unbeaten Ole Miss have to play Georgia in conference final for eg before playing a national semi whereas Bama who would miss out on SEC Final still go straight in national semi final on the back of 11-1 season.

Comment

First game of the season I've not attended...but I'll be fupped if im im travelling to Arizona!
                            Playing #9 ranked Sun Devils.
                            Was 34-3 down :(
                            Back to 34-24 at the moment. Really motoring.
                            7mins left in 4th.

Season ending/ saving match.
                            Time for a good old munster Come on the phuq!!!

Td as I type !! Wohoooooooo 34-31.....28 unanswered pts....alll timeouts left.
                            Come on the fupp!
                            Go Irish!

Comment

55-31 to sun devils in the end. Brave come back from ND but Arizona weathered the storm
                              "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post
                                55-31 to sun devils in the end. Brave come back from ND but Arizona weathered the storm
                                6 picks and 7 turnovers. Completely shot ourselves in the foot. 2 loss team now so top 4 is gone.
                                Hopefully look forward to major bowl match if we can win out rest of matches and finish 10-2.

Looking increasingly likely Oregan, Florida , Miss State and Alabama for top 4.
                                Auburn shot themselves in foot again losing at home to the inconsistent Texas A&M.

Buckeyes surprised Spartans and TCU flattened K State.
                                Big one next week is Miss State @ Alabama.
                                While we try to pick up the pieces v Northwestern.

Comment

Working...
                                X