Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by plastic View Post
    http://www.si.com/college-football/2...-investigation

come on ND, whose papers you been writing ????
    you can tell us
    Honor code is a big deal. I'd say they are gone (like Golson) along with our football season.
    "Hell, I'm not saying I'm an angel, but when it came to dirty tricks I couldn't hold a candle to the Irish Mafia" Jimmy Hoffa

Comment

Originally posted by NotreDameRFC View Post
      Honor code is a big deal. I'd say they are gone (like Golson) along with our football season.
      V disappointing

Comment

Heading to my first football game Saturday week in Georgia. Bulldogs V Clemson. Hopefully the Dawgs get a win as otherwise my niece will be calling me the magpie!!
        Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Comment

Big game 12 v 16
          surprised it's so early

enjoy

Comment

http://www.si.com/nfl/2014/08/18/cle...football-flips

johnny football
            not sure orakpo can be that pleased either !

Comment

Anyone going to Croke park for UCF v Penn State?
              Should close ish.....score in it...both very offensive teams.

ND start off a home game v Rice. ..probably easiest game on schedule.
              Cant wait.
              Some cracking top 25 games on this weekend. Not sure whats been shown over in Ireland.
              "Hell, I'm not saying I'm an angel, but when it came to dirty tricks I couldn't hold a candle to the Irish Mafia" Jimmy Hoffa

Comment

Originally posted by redster View Post
                Heading to my first football game Saturday week in Georgia. Bulldogs V Clemson. Hopefully the Dawgs get a win as otherwise my niece will be calling me the magpie!!
                Enjoy. Should be good game.

Comment

Sore head and time for bed!

Good if expected win for ND over Rice. Golson had good outing at QB in 48-17 win.
                  Of the other big games
                  No1 ranked champions Florida State struggled past Oklahoma State Cowboys 37-31. Heisman winner Winston saving their ass.
                  Performance of rd 1 is probably a toss up between Georgia Dawgs (ranked 12) beating Clemson (16) 45-21.
                  Didnt see game maybe Redster will fill us in. Hope you enjoyed it!
                  My performance of the weekend is a Texas Aggies (21), post Johnny Football, hammering South Carolina (9) 52-28 in SC own back yard.
                  Other top 25 ranked teams like Oregan, Stanford, Auburn, USC, Oklahoma Sooners,Michigan Spartans all had comfortable wins over unranked competition.

Alabama (2) , Ohio State (5) both struggled over West Virginia and Navy respectably.
                  LSU (13) just got past Wisconsin (14) .. 28-24.

55,000 at Croker for UCF and Penn. Not bad. Match got lots of coverage over here ..huge amount of positive advertising for Ireland in general.

Lastly...2 cracking match up next weekend..

Rose bowl champs Michigan Spartans (8) travel to Oregan (3)

USC(15) travel up the road to Stanford (11).

ND host Michigan Wolverines ,one of the oldest rivalries in Collge football (1887 first match) in South Bend hoping to avenge last years defeat in The Big House in Ann Arbor in front of 115, 000 fans.

Comment

Come on ND, cheer up, they're winning
                    and NFL travails are taking all the headlines

overcome Stanford next week and the trip to Florida for the Seminoles looks like a playoff decider

Comment

I delighted Plastic.
                      Granted I landed in NJ with news Tipp had lost and Munster were on way to losing :/

4-0 so far is great. Playing way better this season with Golson back at QB. Missed him badly last season.
                      He equalled NCAA record for consecutive completed passes. Really playing well.
                      Yep next up an old rival in Stanford. Always a tough match.
                      After Seminoles yiccups v NC we might just give it a good crack down there.
                      We are up to #8 now (up 9 places) Florida will probably still hold #1 but Ducks are pusing hard.
                      The big SEC teams dont seem to be blowing out crap opposition like they were over the last few season...Aggies Dawgs and Tide coming thru late in some victories.
                      Tide still have to travel to Arkansas , Ole Miss , LSU and Tennessee and welcome Auburn and Texas A&M. Hard to see unbeaten run.
                      Champs Florida toughest game is probably hosting us.
                      Oregan still have tough games v Stanford UCLA and Arizona.

Onwards and upwards hopefully.
                      Games to watch next week
                      ND v Stanford
                      Alabama v Ole Miss
                      Auburn v LSU
                      Nebraska v Michigan Spartans.

Comment

A reasonable night sports wise - Ladies beaten, Cardinals beaten and first win for Pumas.
                        Oregon go down as do Bama
                        Ole Miss unbeaten
                        the Sun Devils looking dangerous
                        in many ways unfortunate Irish have scheduled the Seminoles, especially away
                        would it have been easier to meet them in the playoffs ????

Comment

As predicted it was tough v Stanford put we had the balls to go up the field in last minute to get winning TD

Amazing weekend really. ....of the top ten ranked teams
                          Oregan#2
                          Alabama#3
                          Oklahoma#4
                          Texas A&M #6
                          UCLA #8

All were beaten.
                          Interesting to see rankings later.
                          Florida #1 had easy win against minor opposition. Auburn #5 were most impressive with a 41-7 win over LSU in the redneck derby.
                          #7 Baylor easily beat Longhorns.

Florida and Auburn should be top 2 next week and hopefully we get into play off position in top 4 alongside Baylor.

We should win next week and be 6-0 before heading to Seminoles down in Florida. Time to check out flights and smooth talk the better half.

Comment

Originally posted by NotreDameRFC View Post
                            Sore head and time for bed!

Of the other big games

Performance of rd 1 is probably a toss up between Georgia Dawgs (ranked 12) beating Clemson (16) 45-21.
                            Didnt see game maybe Redster will fill us in. Hope you

R
                            Haven't been on here in ages so only seeing this now. Great result for the Dawgs!! No sweet FA about football but spotted Todd Gurley as the stand out man for the Dawgs early on in the game. He has a great eye to spot space, 4 TDs for him that night. Amazing atmosphere but very long game.. If I am back over next season, will deffo head to another game
                            Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Comment

Kind of surprised both Ole Miss and Miss St get into the Top 5

Comment

Originally posted by plastic View Post
                                Kind of surprised both Ole Miss and Miss St get into the Top 5

They might as well rechristen SEC as Legoland as everything seems to be fcuking awesome.

Auburn travel to Miss State this weekend and Ole Miss travel to the Aggies. That will shake things up a bit.

Comment

Working...
                                X