X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MunsterBakery View Post
    Would be great to get a high calibre team like Alabama eventually

Hey you already had Notre Dame!!
    "Hell, I'm not saying I'm an angel, but when it came to dirty tricks I couldn't hold a candle to the Irish Mafia" Jimmy Hoffa

Comment

ND any predictions? Seen Irish ranked at 8, bama up there obviously with Stanford at 2.

Comment

Hey Plastic, yep wont be long again till it starts again.
        As for 2013, leaving Alabama aside who'll be there or thereabouts again( though the away games to Texas A&M and LSU will be key) I think the following have a chance.

Ohio State Buckeyes - after playoff ban last year for violations I think they'll be close to getting to BCS finale. They have favorable schedule...a great coach in Urban Meyer (over 80% win rate in college football) and great QB in Braxton Miller...possible Heisman winner. Could go undefeated. ..away to NW and Michigan about as tough as it gets.
        Even with weakened schedule...would be hard to look past an undefeated team.

Texas A&M - first time in SEC should cruise to 9-0 ....key matches are LSU and Ole miss away away and the big one v Bama. Might be a bet for one loss season. Can Heisman winner Johnny Manziel repeat his season last year.

Oregan Ducks...still favourite to win PAC12 but head coach Chip Kelly gone to coach Eagles in NFL. Still have doubts about them come the big stage.

I think Georgia and LSU will struggle as schedule is really tough.

As for ND schedule looks like this...Michigan 2nd game up could set the season going or knock the wheels off...they really have improved.
        If I was betting man id go 10-2 with appearance in one of the major bowls.
        The schedule is as tough as it gets compared to some of the fancied teams above. Cant wait!!!

8/31Temple
        9/7 @Michigan
        9/14 @Purdue
        9/21 Michigan State
        9/28 Oklahoma
        10/5 Arizona State to be played in Arlington Texas.
        10/19 USC
        10/26 @Air Force
        11/2Navy
        11/9 @Pittsburgh
        11/23 BYU
        11/30 @Stanford
        Last edited by NotreDameRFC; 21st-August-2013, 08:07.
        "Hell, I'm not saying I'm an angel, but when it came to dirty tricks I couldn't hold a candle to the Irish Mafia" Jimmy Hoffa

Comment

Plastic. ..other useful info - strength of schedule ranking

NDs schedule was ranked toughest in 2012 @ #1

2013 top 10
          1. Florida Gators
          2. Oklahoma Sooners
          3. California Golden Bears
          4. Purdue
          5.Arkansas Razorbacks
          6. Iowa
          7. Colorado
          8. Stanford
          9. Kentucky
          10. Kansas

selected other Notre Dame (13) , LSU (16) , Georgia (23) ,Texas A&M (28), USC (35) , Alabama (40), Oregan (58) , Ohio (67),

Comment

weren't the aggies in the SEC last year as well?

if Johnny F is suspended for the alabama game, it'll be a major anti-climax.

Comment

Originally posted by hellovating View Post
              weren't the aggies in the SEC last year as well?if Johnny F is suspended for the alabama game, it'll be a major anti-climax.
              True...just they actually will be a few more sec teams this year...but yoyr right.agree re johnny football... he needs to be in the tide game.

Comment

Manziel might be out the running for everything v soon.......
                Those schedule strengths are criminal, bama, ducks and buckeyes !
                And the crimson tide play in the sec, who do they play in non-conf ? Ivy league?

Stanford go unbeaten they will be very deserving. ND do them again and it'll be BCS again ????

Comment

Agree re stanford...tough schedule.

Bama play the likes of Colorado state and Chattanooga.

they are as close to shoe in for BCS game as ive ever seen.

Hopefully someone can halt them.

The race for #2 in rankings will be close.

Comment

What's your take on the Jonny Football saga ? Heard that a few college players & ex players (and their lawyers!!!) are questioning the use of their 'naming rights'.

I have some sympathy, if you use the name Manziel over a load of merchandise and make a barrow load it seems a little harsh to haul him over coals for signing autographs. At the same time you don't want college becoming (even more of) a commercial bandwagon - thats what the NFL is for ;)

Comment

If they produce evidence or if they have evidence he's screwed and will get lengthy
                      ban. NCAA previously banned some Ohio state for swapping autographs and memorabilia for getting tattoos etc

http://m.espn.go.com/ncf/story?story...08&src=desktop

Just this time while there is strong rumours re JF...there seems to be lack of actual proof. I cant see the autograph dealers hes rumoured to have dealt with fessing up as due to Texas law they'll get done also.
                      To be honest i dont get the logic in malziel doing it...if he stays injury free he'll sign multi million dollar deal when he hits the NFL.

But a compromise maybe reached...if Malziel confesses to it and helps NCAA determine how these transactions work in exchange for short ban circa 2 games ( he'd miss Rice and Auburn and be back for Bama game).
                      There is always stories like this every year and players like Braxton Millar and AJ McCarron , two star QBs also rumoured to have offended like JM.
                      My guess is he'll receive 4 or 5 games and screw up Texas A&M season.

On the overall scheme of things College football has to remain amateur.

Comment

Autographs for tattoos, heard this, absolute classic !!!

Agree about College Football staying 'amateur' but some kind of trust would seem in order; there's no guarantee of an NFL contract - its a physical game and injuries are rife, plus not all players make the NFL grade in the same way (there have been a number of small nippy QBs suited to college and not pro ball etc etc). Seems unfair for Colleges to cash in entirely.

Comment

Anyway Plastic cant wait .. home match on sat in South Bend.. sellout v Temple Owls..bookies have spread at 35pts to ND.
                          Then a couple of close by away games.
                          Love the short drive up to Ann Arbor to play Michigan. Has to be one of the great cauldrons of world sport...there was over 114,000 when we played there 2 years back.
                          Then we got local Indiana derby v Purdue .just the 65000 for that game in Lafayette
                          A run of 4 home games after that isnt so bad.

Think Espn are showing the Alabama game v Virginia tech sat night in ireland (according to my brother) followed by LSU v TSU which will be played in Cowboys stadium. ..over 100,000 going to that.

Comment

At first home game just kicking off...Go Irish.

Johnny Malziel got 30min ban :)

Sits out first half of Aggies v Rice.

Comment

Won 28-6...scrappy. ..could be long day in The Big House next week if we play like v Michigan.

Comment

30 mins lol
                                dont get too disheartened ND first game out

good win for clemson
                                and I'm now a North Dakota state bison fan! Future top table team???

Comment

Working...
                                X