NCAA College Football

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NCAA College Football

So, it's ND VS The Army this Saturday in the Aviva.

Any college ball fans on here?
    To The Brave and the Faithful, Nothing is Unpublishable.

yep yep.....though you have to be Nobel laureate in maths to understand the ncaa college football competition.can't get home ( Ireland even though im in US 17 years..im such a mick ) for this.. pity.
    "Hell, I'm not saying I'm an angel, but when it came to dirty tricks I couldn't hold a candle to the Irish Mafia" Jimmy Hoffa

Comment

NCAA College Football

I end up tending to catch games on ESPN without actually understanding who is playing who for what.

I prefer it to NFL for a casual watch - seems to be more space, and the higher error rate creates a bit more drama.
      "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Agreed Balla its better to watch for the reasons you've highlighted and don't worry if you don't fully grasp the system ...millions and millions of football fans don't understand either...The Bcs system (bowl championship) is due to be rehashed again in 2014 to have semi finals and one overall champion but still keeping the all important bowl games..Orange bowl in Miami, Rose bowl in pasadena, Sugar bowl in new Orleans and fiesta bowl in Arizona. Though Cotton bowl in Dallas is trying get same status as big 4 bowls.......ps there are loads of bowls....Google them.its like the gaa changing to 32 county open draw but still wanting to keep provincial championships ...only a hell of a lot. more complicated by a factor of 1000!!!!
        "Hell, I'm not saying I'm an angel, but when it came to dirty tricks I couldn't hold a candle to the Irish Mafia" Jimmy Hoffa

Comment

NCAA College Football

I prefer NFL, primarily because I can't make any sense out of how the NCAA system works! Plus if I watch more than two games a week I'm liable to be divorced given the amount of TV time a football game hogs, and thats before any rugby. Was thinking about getting the NFL game pass for the iPad this season.

Comment

missus hates when i stick on college football....she thinks nfl is bad enough they are time consuming but unlike rugby where your glued to tv you can dip in and out of game easier....if i get to see ND in NCAA and Saints in Nfl im happy enough...

Comment

Got into american football playing NCAA football on the playstation and enjoyed how every game matters for the teams going for the national championship. There is a greater variety of offences in it that aren't seen fit for the NFL. Trick plays are more frequent too which and the coaches aren't afraid to throw caution to the wind.

On the other hand, the gap in quality between some of the teams in the NCAA is huge compared to the NFL. There are a lot of games every Saturday that are done before they start but how the NFL operates means the gap isn't as big and the playoff system is the right job.
              Yeah with one foot in the grave and one foot on the pedal, I was born a rebel

Comment

Originally posted by joeriddick View Post
                So, it's ND VS The Army this Saturday in the Aviva.

Any college ball fans on here?
                I was in City West for the last few days. Story I heard was that it was booked out from last night with 2,500 folks for the match.

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
                  I was in City West for the last few days. Story I heard was that it was booked out from last night with 2,500 folks for the match.
                  Was covered on RTE radio a few minutes ago. 35K supporters have travelled over from the US - every hotel within 100 kms of Dublin is booked out as are hotels in Galway City and Ashford Castle in Cong (Mayo/Galway?). Huge revenues for Ireland from tourist dollars - the soft euro probably is a godsend!

Seemingly yesterday Brown Thomas had their busiest day since last Christmas Eve.
                  New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

good to hear....estimating 5m viewers for this match in the US....plenty of interests in 2 of the big independent college teams.

Comment

NCAA College Football

Will Any channel available on this side of the pond be showing it?
                      Con Artist

Comment

Sky 427 ESPN America

Comment

full itenary of stuff going on .... http://gameday.nd.edu/news/

Comment

http://www.irishcentral.com/story/ne....html?mob-ua=Y

Comment

I'm really hyped about this. Irish should win this pretty handily and it'll be interesting to see what their offense will be like without Floyd. Looking forward to seeing Riddick and Cierre Wood get rolling too. HYPE
                              To The Brave and the Faithful, Nothing is Unpublishable.

Comment

Working...
                              X