Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iron Mike Tyson to Appear in Thomond Park

Set to happen on October 10th.

Iron Mike Tyson to talk about his career & answer questions from Fans.

no link available yet, but front page news on the Limerick Chronicle.

A wife beating part time cannibal, might give that one a skip i think.
    "Everything good about Ireland can be found in County Cork"....Lonely Planet Guide 2012

Comment

Mike Tyson bound for Thomond Park bout with fans in October
      -
      by Alan Owens Limerick Leader

And the organisers are hoping that newly crowned Olympic champion Katie Taylor will make an appearance, after Tyson requested to meet her.

“We are hoping that Katie Taylor will be there on the night, because we know Mike wants to meet her, if at all possible. He saw her matches on television,” said the promoter.
      The Cork man said that Thomond Park was selected to host the event because of its profile as much as the easy accessibility from Shannon.

“It is Mike’s only visit to Ireland. He will fly in and out of Shannon. There is a possibility he might stay in Limerick overnight - depending on flights,” he explained.

“The direct flights from Shannon to the UK were very suitable and it is so close to Thomond Park. It makes things easier and plus Thomond Park has the name. I hope it goes well, because I would like to do it again.
      Classic Tyson fights will be shown on a big screen at the event, and fans will have the opportunity to meet the retired boxer and have their picture taken with him, for an extra fee.
      “We will have a limited number of meet and greet tickets,” explained Mr O’Regan.
      “People will meet him and get a personal photograph with him.”
      Tickets go on sale this Friday from Gleeson’s Sports Scene priced at €35 and €75.
      http://www.limerickleader.ie/lifesty...ober-1-4161297
      The axe that cuts the tree can easily forget, but the tree thats been cut will not forget.

Originally posted by the plastic paddy
      Gwan the Welsh

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpasimpson View Post
        A wife beating part time cannibal, might give that one a skip i think.
        A wife beating part time cannibal rapist, if you don't mind. I'm surprised that he's interested in meeting a woman who might fight back.
        "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Reminds me of this:

Comment

Re: Iron Mike Tyson to Appear in Thomond Park

I can't see any wa's throwing bananas at him. Although it would be worth it for the ensuing beat-down.
            When things go wrong, blame McGahan

Comment

If they have the lad that did it perhaps the Judge could send him along to meet Mike and give a public apology to him as a representative of coloured peoples.

Would help to ensure a sellout if folk knew in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post
                A wife beating part time cannibal rapist, if you don't mind. I'm surprised that he's interested in meeting a woman who might fight back.
                Would be worth going just to ask him that very question.
                On the internet, you can be anything you want. It always amazes me why so many people choose to be stupid.

Comment

Iron Mike Tyson to Appear in Thomond Park

I'd like to ask him what he thinks of Drederick Tatem as a boxer.

Comment

He is still a hero of mine, awesome, the rape thing was absolute bollix and the so called cannibal thing was just a man who lost the plot with frustration, given his bizarre life / upbringing / Don King influence it was never going to be anything other than a train wreck
                    My computer thinks I'm gay
                    What's the difference anyway
                    When all the people do all day
                    Is stare into a phone

Comment

Originally posted by sewa View Post
                      He is still a hero of mine, awesome, the rape thing was absolute bollix and the so called cannibal thing was just a man who lost the plot with frustration, given his bizarre life / upbringing / Don King influence it was never going to be anything other than a train wreck
                      You just want to get 'Bollix' votes in the poll don't you sewa ??!
                      "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Originally posted by sewa View Post
                        That's a pretty bold statement, but I'd watch out if I was you, there's a chap on this website who posts in a lot of the blabla crime related threads. He's ferociously reactionary on social and criminal issues and I can only imagine what he'd have to say about you claiming as your hero a wife-beating, convicted rapist who bit off a chunk of another guy's ear during a fight. He'd have someone like that hung, shot, drawn, quartered, hung again then fed to pigs. He'd especially take issue with excusing that sort of behaviour on the influence his upbringing had on him.

Think his name was sewa or something.
                        "It’s not the team you support, it’s the club you should support. The team on the pitch will ebb and flow because that’s the nature of sport. No team has ever been successful decade on decade. The club has the history and that’s the passion you should have."

Comment

Originally posted by Jenta View Post
                          That's a pretty bold statement, but I'd watch out if I was you, there's a chap on this website who posts in a lot of the blabla crime related threads. He's ferociously reactionary on social and criminal issues and I can only imagine what he'd have to say about you claiming as your hero a wife-beating, convicted rapist who bit off a chunk of another guy's ear during a fight. He'd have someone like that hung, shot, drawn, quartered, hung again then fed to pigs. He'd especially take issue with excusing that sort of behaviour on the influence his upbringing had on him.

Think his name was sewa or something.
                          He was a fan of Quade Cooper I believe.
                          When things go wrong, blame McGahan

Comment

Working...
                          X