Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fitzy73 View Post
    Collins and Eubank had two fights iirc.
    Your right there was two,I always had it in my head that the second one was in the old point,must have been in Pairc Ui Chaoimh. Bac in 1995...

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
      Your right there was two,I always had it in my head that the second one was in the old point,must have been in Pairc Ui Chaoimh. Bac in 1995...
      Thought the second one was in the Point too ...
      Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Originally posted by fitzy73 View Post
        Thought the second one was in the Point too ...
        The picture below is the poster I have of that fight in Millstreet.

The second fight was in Pairc Ui Chaoimh alright as well checked it last night.
        Last edited by taz; 8th-August-2012, 07:39.

Comment

Interesting Taz. I would have said point for the 2nd fight as well.

A bus load of us went up from Bantry to Millstreet for the 1st fight. Agreed that it wasn't an atmosphere for the feignt hearted.
          Life is good

Comment

Originally posted by munstershane View Post
            Interesting Taz. I would have said point for the 2nd fight as well.

A bus load of us went up from Bantry to Millstreet for the 1st fight. Agreed that it wasn't an atmosphere for the feignt hearted.
            I have no idea where I got the Point from,I always had it in my head that he fought in MIllstreet first and the second was in Dublin in the Point. Youtube of second fight below sponsored by Beamish and Crawford.

Comment

Any word on the fruit hater ?

Comment

a friend of mine was about 30 feet away. there was a gang of about 10 of them...... 7 or 8 were no more than 15, all drinking pints. then there was a couple of older guys with them in their mid 20s. one of the older lads lobbed the banana. there was a cop standing 5 feet away from them the whole time, who only intervened once when one of the younger lads went to sit on the wall (east terrace, not far from the dugout). even if he missed the banana toss, plenty of others told him about it.

they don't need to trawl through CCTV footage... they need only ask the guard who was a few feet away. they might also ask him why he did nothing about it.

Comment

Originally posted by leftwinger View Post
                  Any word on the fruit hater ?
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	innocent.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	28.9 KB
ID:	2470472

Comment

Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post

It is a shame that a pr*ck should behave in such a way but it is the act of a half witted individual and nothing more.
                    Is that a fact?

If a Telegraph journalist had made the exact same claim in his paper would you have accepted his contention?

When did you last travel in a Dublin taxi, not driven by an African? (I can't speak for taxi drivers in other cities.)

Just because, in our PC age, our press and our politicians try to keep these things off the radar screen, doesn't mean that they aren't there.
                    New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

They appear to have nabbed the Banana man.

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/lo...park-1-4219090

Comment

Originally posted by treatycity1 View Post
                        Where has it mentioned that it was a limerick person, plenty of our country cuzzes from neighbouring counties are racist ****es and may have been at the game. Until it is confirmed the idiot is from Limerick then lets not be so quick to throw mud.
                        20 year old from Myross it seems.

Comment

rte.ie/news

Man in court over Thomond Park banana incident
                          Updated: 15:26, Wednesday, 16 January 2013

A man has appeared in court in Limerick charged in connection with an incident at Thomond Park stadium, when a banana was thrown at international French defender Gael Clichy.

There was international public outrage after the Manchester City player tweeted about the incident following the glamour tie between the Premier League champions and Limerick City last August.

Kelvin Reynolds, 20, of Pinewood Avenue, Caherdavin, Limerick, appeared on two charges arising out of the alleged incident at Limerick District Court.

The 20-year-old is charged with engaging in threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour with intent to provoke a breach of the peace on 5 August last.

He is also charged with assaulting Sergeant Caimin Treacy contrary to Section 2 of the Non Fatal Offences Against the Persons Act, on the same date.

Solicitor Sarah Ryan was assigned to represent Mr Reynolds who was granted free legal aid.

Ms Ryan told the court she was seeking a disclosure order and Judge Eugene O'Kelly adjourned the case until 10 April.

The court heard the accused replied "I'm sorry" to both charges when he was arrested and formally charged.

He was remanded on continuing bail until his next court appearance when a plea is expected to be entered or a date fixed for hearing.
                          Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

hmm .. I wonder what'll happen if Limerick wins the bid to host the Gay games .. Heck I'd wonder about any irish city winning that bid. Personally I hope they do win it as I'd love to volunteer at a multi-sports championships... I've already put my name in for the World Police & Fire games taking place in Belfast this august.
                            Plato: \"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.\"

Comment

Originally posted by John Cooper Clarke View Post
                              Of course - a non racially motivated banana toss towards a black player. Imagine that as a defense in court.
                              and so it came to pass.....

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/le...ated-1-4986677
                              Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
                              Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Working...
                              X