Racism in Limerick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Racism in Limerick?

Early reports this morning that Man city's Gael Clichy had a banana thrown at him during the Limerick v Man city match.
    Every artist is a cannibal, every poet is a thief, they kill for inspiration then sing about their grief...

.....waiting for punchline.....
    "If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards - checkmate!" Zapp Brannigan

Comment

Heard that as well, utter disgrace. Mindless tossers who have never left home and think they are men.

Barry Duggan will have a field day, Cathy Halloran will have the cameras out.
      A lion online, a lamb at home.

Comment

There are always a few gowls around in every city, but you'd like to think that he had the head pucked off him by others in the crowd who saw it happen. No place for that in sport or any facet of life.
        “People are broad-minded. They'll accept the fact that a person can be an alcoholic, a dope fiend, a wife beater and even a newspaperman, but if a man doesn't drive, there's something wrong with him.” - Art Buchwald

Comment

No official complaint from City, no mention of it during the match. Why not raise it through the correct channels instead of mouthing about it on twitter to get the daily mail brigade on the case?

Either way it wouldn't surprise me if it happened and I doubt it was racially motivated either. Just the usual antics from our "best soccer supporters in the world" continuing their love in with a foreign club Manchester United so naturally Man city are the undying enemy. They booed Balotelli during the Euros for absolutely no reason as well. They continue to be an embarrassment to this country.

Comment

Originally posted by kc73 View Post
            Early reports this morning that Man city's Gael Clichy had a banana thrown at him during the Limerick v Man city match.
            Reports where? Link?

I find this very hard to believe.

Comment

He probably couldn´t open it, so decided to throw it... the gobsh!te.....
              He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Dowlinz View Post
                No official complaint from City, no mention of it during the match. Why not raise it through the correct channels instead of mouthing about it on twitter to get the daily mail brigade on the case?

Either way it wouldn't surprise me if it happened and I doubt it was racially motivated either. Just the usual antics from our "best soccer supporters in the world" continuing their love in with a foreign club Manchester United so naturally Man city are the undying enemy. They booed Balotelli during the Euros for absolutely no reason as well. They continue to be an embarrassment to this country.
                It did happen, there's no allegedly about it.
                I'm confused as to why anyone would throw a banana at a black/non-white player for any reason other than racism?
                Shameless self promotion time ladies and gents!
                Munster: Early Season
                Munster: Escape from Pool of Death
                Munster: HEC Champions 2007/2008
                Munster: Full Season Highlights.

Comment

Originally posted by Cathal View Post
                  I'm confused as to why anyone would throw a banana at a black/non-white player for any reason other than racism?
                  Because its the simplest way to aggravate them.

Comment

Originally posted by Dowlinz View Post
                    Because its the simplest way to aggravate them.
                    Do they sell bananas in Thomond?

Or would one need to bring it in for the sole purpose of acting like the ultimate ****wit?

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post

Or would one need to bring it in for the sole purpose of acting like the ultimate ****wit?
                      I wish someone would throw bananas at me because I love eating bananas.

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post

It had to be brought in. There were plenty there last night who might do something like this and so few stewards on the terraces that nobody would have complained.

Comment

Originally posted by Cathal View Post
                          http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...on-begins.html
                          "Just to be clear, Poite is an idiot" The Plastic Paddy 11-04-2012

Comment

No one listened when I said that we shouldn't let that ****ing game anywhere near our stadium. Hopefully this will be ample evidence that it should never darken the door again.
                            "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

It's all about revenue BB ..
                              Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Working...
                              X