Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Cricketing thread. Restricted Admission, strictly no Philistines or yobs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Dog View Post
    I did indeed! Well done - a remarkable comeback bearing in mind the position after the two first innings had been completed!
    Whether a corner has been turned we will see.

Comment

Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
      Whether a corner has been turned we will see.
      Ye need to do well in Southampton in this round - as Hants are probably going down. Winning the toss is a good start!
      New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

Old Dog's all-singing cricket and crumpets thread.

I did enjoy Young Jonny Bairstow's knock yesterday. He is a cricketer for whom I have a lot of time. When you compare and contrast his conduct, guts and determination with the Pietersen and Broad circus it shows him in an even finer light. But then Jonny Bairstow is a young man who knows too, too much about real difficulty and struggle in life unlike that pair of indulged prima donnas. I am sure his father would be extremely proud of him.

Comment

England taking control in the first test in Cardiff, 193 ahead with eight second innings wickets left, much to my surprise. Ryan Harris' enforced retirement and Starc's apparent discomfort with his all important right ankle have edged England into series favouritism IMHO.

Comment

Lyth gone now but the ball is turning. If England can get 300 in front I think they will win.

Comment

England 271 up with 7 left in the hutch, Aussie are in major trouble.

Comment

400 ahead with two wickets left.

Comment

England all out for 289 at Stumps.

Australia need 412 to win and they have two days to get them.

If, and it's a big if, they stay in for the two days, they'll do it.

EDIT It would be the third biggest winning total scored by a team batting last in a Test and the 13th highest by all teams.
                  Last edited by Piquet; 10th-July-2015, 19:50.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Dog View Post
                    I did indeed! Well done - a remarkable comeback bearing in mind the position after the two first innings had been completed!
                    Any predictions for the second test? I am looking forward to it immensely
                    My computer thinks I'm gay
                    What's the difference anyway
                    When all the people do all day
                    Is stare into a phone

Comment

Haddin out for personal reasons

Comment

Originally posted by plastic View Post
                        Haddin out for personal reasons
                        Yes, poor lad. That is some situation
                        Is stare into a phone

Comment

Originally posted by DBU2 View Post
                          Any predictions for the second test? I am looking forward to it immensely
                          Even if Starc is fully fit and Mitch bowls better than he did at Cardiff and Marsh replaces Watson, it's hard to see past another England win - subject to decent weather of course.

If I was Boof, then I'd be playing Siddle, but the Aussies seem to regard him as yesterday's man.

Shame about Haddin, though if it is what we think it is, then I'm surprised to read that he's remaining in London with the team.
                          Last edited by Old Dog; 14th-July-2015, 22:13.
                          New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

Yes, me too Old Dog. Lets enjoy the cricket and hopefully he has some luck in things that are much more important
                            Is stare into a phone

Comment

Stone the fecking crows!

The headhunters of Papua New Guinea have just beaten the Green Monkeys in the ICC World T20 qualifying tournament.

A chap called Norman Vanua did the big damage by hitting 4 X 6s from 7 balls.

Biggest shock in Irish sport since the Aironi beat Munster 21 - 17 in the Pro 12 back in 2012!

Scorecard
                              Last edited by Old Dog; 15th-July-2015, 12:47.

Comment

Oz setting a big target here. Going to be very difficult for England
                                Is stare into a phone

Comment

Working...
                                X