Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Cricketing thread. Restricted Admission, strictly no Philistines or yobs.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    The shame of it

    Comment


      #32
      I thought the DRS is not liked by the Aussies.

      The 'dodgy' action of other players have turned out inside the 15%(is it) when viewed under monitored conditions, English commentators always throw their toys out when badly beaten.

      Comment


        #33
        Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post

        Do you trust Hot spot OD? I know I don't and I have heard the players don't either.

        Let's just say that I trust it more than I trust Billy Bowden or Billy Doctrove (to name but two.)
        New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

        Comment


          #34
          Originally posted by bazzyg View Post
          I thought the DRS is not liked by the Aussies.

          The 'dodgy' action of other players have turned out inside the 15%(is it) when viewed under monitored conditions, English commentators always throw their toys out when badly beaten.
          Indians who don't like DRS. And you are 100% correct about the action. The rules have been changed, wrongly IMHO, but they have been changed so get on with it and teach your spinners how to bowl the doosra. It is actually not hard to bowl as long as you bend and straighten the elbow. Impossible to bowl if you keep your arm straight.

          Comment


            #35
            It probably had something to do with Saqlain and others copying him but never replicating, it was probably easier to let them get away with it than take on half of Asia.

            I'm fairly sure Ponting was always against the DRS.

            On poor Billy Bowden, i'm not a fan but how many successful reviews were in the recent match, the stats in general show they do a good job.

            Comment


              #36
              An article on Cricinfo today about the much maligned Doosra and maybe it's time to relax the guidelines even more. Just in time for pakistan to bowl tomorrow.

              http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine...ry/550715.html

              Comment


                #37
                Originally posted by bazzyg View Post
                An article on Cricinfo today about the much maligned Doosra and maybe it's time to relax the guidelines even more. Just in time for pakistan to bowl tomorrow.

                http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine...ry/550715.html

                Not before lunch, hopefully!
                New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

                Comment


                  #38
                  Morgan's likely to get dropped at this rate.

                  Out for 3 today, after the debacle of the 1st Test...and all this coming off the back of the home series annihilation of India, in which he was the poorest of the batsmen.

                  How England are No.1 in the world, given their appalling away record, is anyone's guess.

                  That said, looking forward to seeing them against the Saffers at the Oval and Lords in the summer. Should be a couple of crackers!

                  Comment


                    #39
                    Originally posted by bazzyg View Post

                    On poor Billy Bowden, i'm not a fan but how many successful reviews were in the recent match, the stats in general show they do a good job.

                    Well Blind Billy has just proved that he's closely related to Blind Dave, by giving Strauss "not out" to a catch that even poor Dave Blunkett would have seen from two miles away on a foggy day. Putting Billy in charge of DRS is like putting Ivor Callely in charge of the Seanad's Travel & Subsistence Budget. :(


                    Originally posted by Jandek View Post

                    Morgan's likely to get dropped at this rate.

                    Out for 3 today, after the debacle of the 1st Test...and all this coming off the back of the home series annihilation of India, in which he was the poorest of the batsmen.
                    And has now failed twice in the second Test. He's not a test player IMHO - leave him off to the one-dayers and 20-20 rubbish.
                    Last edited by Old Dog; 28th-January-2012, 09:57.
                    New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

                    Comment


                      #40
                      Johnny Englander are in deep doo-doo: needing 145 to win the second test, they're now 56-5!

                      Jon Trott has a bad case of the trotts and has just gone in to bat at no. 7.
                      New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

                      Comment


                        #41
                        Strauss finally faces the music. A sharp delivery setting the key for a swinging finale.

                        Comment


                          #42
                          Originally posted by Old Dog View Post
                          Johnny Englander are in deep doo-doo: needing 145 to win the second test, they're now 56-5!

                          Jon Trott has a bad case of the trotts and has just gone in to bat at no. 7.
                          And Trott squelches his windy way back to the Pav! LBW for 1. Poms are 68 - 6.

                          Broad riddled! 68 - 7!
                          New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

                          Comment


                            #43
                            They'll be waltzing in the streets of Karachi.

                            Comment


                              #44
                              'nother one bites the dust! 71 - 8 Clueless batting - it's like watching Deccy's dismal duds playing Wales in RWC 2011!

                              72 - 9!
                              Last edited by Old Dog; 28th-January-2012, 11:00.
                              New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

                              Comment


                                #45
                                We'll turn one of Blind Billy's eyes to Pak rogue betting, match fixing, ball tampering, terror attacks, off field gun shots and exploding gas cylinder shenanigans to enjoy a good old fashioned England collapse.

                                WAY - HEY!!
                                Last edited by MrsMcGahan; 28th-January-2012, 11:08.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X