Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Cricketing thread. Restricted Admission, strictly no Philistines or yobs.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Originally posted by MrsMcGahan View Post
    Sehway hits 219 off 149 balls in one dayer v Windies. Twenty five 4s and seven 6s. Roach went for 88 off 10 overs, Russell for 63 off 9 and Pollard 65 also off 7. Be the hokey.

    Dayo, Daaaayo, daylight comes and me wanna go home.
    Great watching - Sehwag (note sp!) passed Tendulkar's previous world record ODI score of 200 with ease before holing out on the boundary with about 5 overs left - mainly because he was too exhausted to clear the boundary at the end of his innings.

    India finished up on a record score of 418/5 WIndies are 118/5 and likely to be trounced.
    New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

    Comment


      #17
      If you don't get Sehwag out early you're doomed. What a player.

      Comment


        #18
        yes Yes YES! What a thriller!

        New Zealand have just beaten OZ by 7 runs in the second test.

        That's their first test win V Australia since March 1993 and their first win in Oz since March 1986.

        Well done to the Black Caps! (Especially so, seeing as Dan Vettori cried off at the last minute).
        New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

        Comment


          #19
          Originally posted by Old Dog View Post
          yes Yes YES! What a thriller!

          New Zealand have just beaten OZ by 7 runs in the second test.

          That's their first test win V Australia since March 1993 and their first win in Oz since March 1986.

          Well done to the Black Caps! (Especially so, seeing as Dan Vettori cried off at the last minute).
          Test cricket is fantastic at the moment, close games and a lot less one sided than ODIs IMO.

          Comment


            #20
            Really cricket is such a boring game.
            Online High School Diploma|High School Diploma Online

            Comment


              #21
              Originally posted by Morrisonsfweb View Post
              Really cricket is such a boring game.
              Congrats on being added to my 'ignore' list after your first post. That's a record. Cheerio now.
              New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

              Comment


                #22
                There's an ignore function ? Is this just a mental ignore or something on the site OD ?

                Comment


                  #23
                  Originally posted by nuke View Post
                  There's an ignore function ? Is this just a mental ignore or something on the site OD ?
                  No, it's real - just go to "Settings" and you'll see "Edit my Ignore list" on the LH column.

                  To test it out, chose "Munsterforever" and your life will immediately be much better!
                  New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Now i'm just wondering if I can find out if I'm on other member's ignore list haha

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Reminder that the Melbourne Boxing Day Test Australia V India starts at 23.30 tonight - in 3 hours' time.
                      New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

                      Comment


                        #26
                        If the Boxing Day test is halfway like the last few tests the Aussies have played it'll be some test, still can't believe people can claim ODI's or T20's are better than the long form where anything can happen. It'll be interesting to see how Ed Cowan gets on, Australia going back to the old style see-off the new ball opener.

                        Comment


                          #27
                          At 89/7 in the second innings, the Poms are in deep doo-dah against the roaming Pakistanis in Dubai. A three day trouncing is on the cards. Looks as though it's up to the Saints to save English sport's battered reputation!

                          Edit - the score was 88/8 but 'twas a no ball - so England have "recovered" to 89/7!
                          New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

                          Comment


                            #28
                            A hiding. Ajmal's action is ridiculous but the ICC changed the rules so spinners are allowed to chuck it so best thing to do is teach your own spinners how to do it. It is impossible to bowl the Doosra without bending and, more importantly, straightening the arm but the rules have been changed so that is that. The combination of DRS and allowing spinners to chuck it is making the game very hard for the batsmen and could lead to some very short test matches IMHO.

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
                              A hiding. Ajmal's action is ridiculous but the ICC changed the rules so spinners are allowed to chuck it so best thing to do is teach your own spinners how to do it. It is impossible to bowl the Doosra without bending and, more importantly, straightening the arm but the rules have been changed so that is that. The combination of DRS and allowing spinners to chuck it is making the game very hard for the batsmen and could lead to some very short test matches IMHO.
                              Agreed. But Gul has been the man this morning - lovely bowling.

                              As for DRS - Ajmal declined to use it today for a possible LBW that would have been given "out" - to widespread bemusement!

                              (Aside: The Indians' refusal to allow DRS in Australia has cost them a lot in the 3 tests to date!)

                              England have reached 126/7 now.

                              Update - Broad gone 135/8 still 11 behind.

                              Update 2 - Tremlett goes first ball! 136/9

                              England 160 all out. Pakistan need to knock off 15 runs to complete a crushing victory.
                              Last edited by Old Dog; 19th-January-2012, 12:02.
                              New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

                              Comment


                                #30
                                Originally posted by Old Dog View Post
                                Agreed. But Gul has been the man this morning - lovely bowling.

                                As for DRS - Ajmal declined to use it today for a possible LBW that would have been given "out" - to widespread bemusement!

                                (Aside: The Indians' refusal to allow DRS in Australia has cost them a lot in the 3 tests to date!)

                                England have reached 126/7 now.

                                Update - Broad gone 135/8 still 11 behind.

                                Update 2 - Tremlett goes first ball! 136/9

                                England 160 all out. Pakistan need to knock off 15 runs to complete a crushing victory.
                                Do you trust Hot spot OD? I know I don't and I have heard the players don't either.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X