Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Cricketing thread. Restricted Admission, strictly no Philistines or yobs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

England all out for 329 leaving Australia to get 399 to win.

They are 81 for 3. Smith is still there.

EDIT He's out for 23 caught at leg gully.

85 for 4
    Last edited by Piquet; 15-September-2019, 13:34.

Comment

167 for 5 at Tea.

Comment

263 all out. England win by 135 runs, the series is drawn 2-2 and Australia retain the Ashes.

Comment

Cricket Ireland forced to tighten up it's spending. Next years Tests downgraded.

ttps://www.rte.ie/sport/cricket/2019/1216/1099460-cricket-ireland-forced-to-downgrade-test-over-finances/?fbclid=IwAR1n-1C40sAt7YZ3nShUZKiKXIBZIiqz68diF8fWufsdV6qixk-nfbkexGQ
          Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

Michael Holding was commentating on the First Test today and he told about following Tiger Woods around a Golf Course during some Tournament.

"and then I found out who owns the Golf Club and I haven't been back."

Comment

Surprised at the WI yesterday, given themselves a chance. If they can get 350, could win this.
              Stand up for the Ulcer men

Comment

OK, you yob and philistinophobes out there the WI have a lead of about 100. Everything depends on how England manage eating up that lead. If they get to 100 with the loss of 2/3 wickets or less, then they should win, I don't trust the WI to chase down much more than140. If they are 100 for 5 or 6 (or worse), it there for the WI to win. I'm a gambler, I'd be ready to put Piquet's shirt on a WI win. Their bowlers might do it for them.

Comment

Originally posted by tippete7trees View Post
                  OK, you yob and philistinophobes out there the WI have a lead of about 100. Everything depends on how England manage eating up that lead. If they get to 100 with the loss of 2/3 wickets or less, then they should win, I don't trust the WI to chase down much more than140. If they are 100 for 5 or 6 (or worse), it there for the WI to win. I'm a gambler, I'd be ready to put Piquet's shirt on a WI win. Their bowlers might do it for them.
                  England looked to be cruising until the new ball was taken- then a collapse like to old days- if they can snaffle another 30 or so tomorrow it’s will be a very interesting game- could still be/ even with 170 to get....

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

England looked to be cruising until the new ball was taken- then a collapse like to old days- if they can snaffle another 30 or so tomorrow it’s will be a very interesting game- could still be/ even with 170 to get....
                    The WI have dropped quite a few catches in the highlights I've seen and started watching it as the collapse unfolded late yesterday. Like a good Irishman, always enjoy an English fiasco. As you say, much depends on how much England can add on. I think they'll go cheaply, runs are hard to get on this wicket and you have these huge athletic fast WI bowlers whipping the ball down like a mini cannon ball. They should be able to blast the last 2 wickets out albeit Archer and Wood can hit the ball. It is on a knife edge now.

Comment

9 for 303. Pedigree rabbit Jimmy Anderson at the crease. Should be exciting day.

Comment

WI need 200 to win. Got off to a very rocky start at about 30 for 3, with 1 guy off hurt also, though he's ok and will bat. But this is a new ball pitch, which means it is responsive to the hard new ball, but becomes easier as the ball softens. The WI just need one very good partnership and they can nick this
                        Last edited by tippete7trees; 12-July-2020, 13:09.

Comment

143 for 4 at tea. 57 more needed in the final session.

Comment

178 for 5 at Drinks. Blackwood 88* Holder 8*

22 needed.

Comment

Blackwood is caught at Mid Off for 95 with eleven needed.

189 for 6.

Comment

West Indies win by four wickets.

Comment

Working...
                                X