Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Cricketing thread. Restricted Admission, strictly no Philistines or yobs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Be lucky to get 75 now.

Comment

That half hour looking accurate now.

Comment

Equals England's lowest innings in Headingly and 2nd lowest test innings at the ground.

Comment

Puts Jofra's bowling yesterday into a bit of context, oh and England's batsmen are still sh1te
          Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

If the wicket stays very lively then you'd think 140 or so will be enough for Australia. Though with England demoralized at this point they might get more and bury England completely.

Comment

Australia are all out for 246 leaving England to score 359 to win in a little over eight sessions.

Will they manage to take the game into a fourth day, I wonder.
              Last edited by Piquet; 24th-August-2019, 12:11.

Comment

They've managed to get to lunch without loss, 11 for none.

Comment

90 for 2 at Tea.

Comment

156 for 3 at Stumps. 203 more needed in two days.

Stokes and Root have put on 15 in 12.3 overs.

Stokes has faced 50 deliveries and scored 2 runs.

If we assume that 85 overs are bowled in a day, a rate of 1.2 runs an over would win it.

That's the rate Stokes and Root are scoring at.

Comment

We should put that into perspective. 1.2 runs per over is 108 runs in a day. 11:00-19:00. I’d want my money back (if I were able to see at that stage).
                      The whole world cries out peace, freedom and a few less fat bastards eating all the pie.

Comment

OK. The new ball is due early tomorrow. The quickies will be fresh. Also it's turning more for Lyon. I'd guess about 220 for 7 or 8 at lunch.

Comment

186 for 4 at Drinks. Root is gone.

Stokes and YJB are beginning to motor.

Comment

Quicks not bowling well. Lyon back on, why did it take so long?

Comment

238 for four at Lunch. 121 more needed.

The bookies have England as Favourites at the moment but, of course, a few quick.wickets after Lunch and all will change.

Comment

253 for 6. And both of those last 2 wickets are arguably because of the pressure Lyon is applying making his end very risky for the batsmen and forcing them to try more at the other.I hope the failure to get him back earlier doesn't come back to haunt the Aussies. A factor in Oz's favour now is that as the target gets closer, the more the pressure gets to the batsmen. One more wicket in the next say 20 runs and it will be very difficult for England.

Comment

Working...
                                X