Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Cricketing thread. Restricted Admission, strictly no Philistines or yobs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

85 all out and Tim Murtagh takes 5 for 13 and gets himself into the Lord's Honours Board in the Pavillion.

Comment

Ireland 22-0 8 overs.
      Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

Porterfield gone for 14, 32-1

Comment

50/2 20 overs

Comment

40 odd overs left to build a nice lead going into tomorrow. If we can finish the last session with a few wickets in hand we've a great chance.

Comment

138-4 38 overs

Comment

154-7, quite the collapse. Could be over very soon. Would take 100 lead if we could get it.
                The whole world cries out peace, freedom and a few less fat bastards eating all the pie.

Comment

Amazing stuff. Can only think they prepared a wicket to get a result and it backfired on England, especially as Murtagh plays for Middlesex and knows the ground. Still make England favs to dig out a win. I'll send some of the drugs I'm on to Murtagh and he might do an encore ;)
                  Stand up for the Ulcer men

Comment

Originally posted by tippete7trees View Post
                    Amazing stuff. Can only think they prepared a wicket to get a result and it backfired on England, especially as Murtagh plays for Middlesex and knows the ground. Still make England favs to dig out a win. I'll send some of the drugs I'm on to Murtagh and he might do an encore ;)
                    I reckon even after that horrific batting display, England would need to be behind by 200 to feel up against it here. I’m sure they reckon they’ll be grand and can’t do that again.

Love Tim M’s bowling. Can only think, it’s something the English don’t face very often. When I see Broad hammering in it looks terrifying!

But go on the lads!!!! Some effort. The fields of Athenry in lords, very strange to hear. But heart warming. I’m going on Friday, my Dad is coming over. Only hope it lasts that long, just to be a part of it.
                    The whole world cries out peace, freedom and a few less fat bastards eating all the pie.

Comment

Just to summarise the first day's play.

England are nought without loss and need another 122 to avoid an innings defeat.

​​​​​​​Ireland could still lose by a lot from here but as Cricinfo said roundabout Lunch "Ireland will always have this morning"

Comment

Originally posted by MunsterTel View Post

I reckon even after that horrific batting display, England would need to be behind by 200 to feel up against it here. I’m sure they reckon they’ll be grand and can’t do that again.

Love Tim M’s bowling. Can only think, it’s something the English don’t face very often. When I see Broad hammering in it looks terrifying!

But go on the lads!!!! Some effort. The fields of Athenry in lords, very strange to hear. But heart warming. I’m going on Friday, my Dad is coming over. Only hope it lasts that long, just to be a part of it.
                        They definitely have a chance, maybe not great but depends a lot on the wicket still helping seam - if they can keep England to 220 or so they might make it. Could be a great day on Friday for Irish sport so worth going. That was England's lowest test total on home soil it seems and Murtagh's five for the best 5 for in terms of lowest amount of balls involved for a test in England. Hard to credit.

Comment

Comment

England 2nd Innings, 122-1, Lunch. All square.

Comment

OUT!

A glimmer of hope.

Comment

Dhá chéad agus tríocha a seacht do sheacht. Root out!

Comment

Working...
                                X