Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Cricketing thread. Restricted Admission, strictly no Philistines or yobs.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jenta View Post
    Shame if it's rained off tomorrow. A lot of people have taken the day off to head over to see it. I'm hoping to make it on Sunday for a couple of hours.
    Forecast is ****e for tomorrow ...
    Attached Files
    Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

Originally posted by Sulla View Post
      1st Full test tomorrow vs Pakistan, unfortunatly looks like rain may stop play tomorrow...

Looking better for Saturday, Sunday hopefully will see play too, Monday ok.
      We're going on Saturday, and forecast looks decent (so far!!) Really looking forward to it....

Comment

I suppose there's a certain irony to Ireland's first day as a test nation being completely rained off.
        "It’s not the team you support, it’s the club you should support. The team on the pitch will ebb and flow because that’s the nature of sport. No team has ever been successful decade on decade. The club has the history and that’s the passion you should have."

Comment

Originally posted by Jenta View Post
          I suppose there's a certain irony to Ireland's first day as a test nation being completely rained off.
          I hope that another three days are not rained off. That would be irony.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ireland won the toss and inserted Pakistan. They are on 193 for 6 at tea, having been 67 for 2 at Lunch.

Comment

They have gone off for bad light 268 for 6.

Comment

Not sure about the strategy to put Pakistan in to bat first....they had some pretty solid batsmen, Ithink 3half-centuries if my mind is still straight after the night's festivities? I had hoped to see the Irish batsmen but won't be attending tomorrow. so will have to watch them on TV. Malahide ran a well-organised day (apart from the complete lack of signage for people arriving off public transport!)

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet View Post
                  Ireland won the toss and inserted Pakistan. They are on 193 for 6 at tea, having been 67 for 2 at Lunch.
                  Is "inserted" a proper cricketing term.........now that we're a Test nation like.
                  Anybody who sees a psychiatrist would want their head examined.*&nb sp;Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by cornerboy View Post
                    Is "inserted" a proper cricketing term.........now that we're a Test nation like.
                    I have heard it used on TMS. Either by Aggers or Blowers.

Is that enough "proper cricketing" terms for you?����

Comment

Mayhem in Malahide, I'm afraid. Pakistan declared on 310 for nine.

Ed Joyce lasted five balls for four, Porterfield faced twenty balls for one run. Neither N.O'Brien nor Balbirnie scored, facing ten and eight balls respectively.

Ireland are currently nine for four. I'm not sure whether they need 110 or 160 to avoid the follow on.

It's within 200 in a Five-day game, but I'm not sure if the first day will be counted, on account of being rained off.

EDIT: Ireland must score 161 to avoid the Follow-on, according to Cricinfo.
                      Last edited by Piquet; 13th-May-2018, 13:08.

Comment

95 for 8 at tea.

Comment

a tall order for the tail end batsmen.....

Comment

Originally posted by acskerries View Post
                            a tall order for the tail end batsmen.....
                            Yes, all out for 130 and back in. I expect some will be rethinking their annual leave plans for Monday and Tuesday.

Comment

11 for none off seven overs.

169 more needed to make Pakistan bat again.

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet View Post
                                11 for none off seven overs.

169 more needed to make Pakistan bat again.
                                Slow, methodical, careful but keep the scope board ticking over. They are now playing for a draw.

Comment

Working...
                                X