Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Cricketing thread. Restricted Admission, strictly no Philistines or yobs.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And Ali Cook fails again!

I suspect that his last two test innings (15 and 16) reveal that even he is getting nervous as he approaches becoming the first Englishman to score 10,000 Test runs.

He still needs 20 more test runs to get there.

England are 39/1.
    New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Dog View Post
      And Ali Cook fails again!

I suspect that his last two test innings (15 and 16) reveal that even he is getting nervous as he approaches becoming the first Englishman to score 10,000 Test runs.

He still needs 20 more test runs to get there.

England are 39/1.
      I am loathe to correct you, OD but I believe he is only 5 runs short.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post

I am loathe to correct you, OD but I believe he is only 5 runs short.

Oh dear!

It very much looks as though the senile Old Dog failed to add Cooks's 15 runs scored this morning to his total at the start of play.

What a pillock!
        New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

And Compton has failed again. England just can't seem to sort out that no.3 position.

73/2

Comment

And Compton has failed again. England just can't seem to sort out that no.3 position.

73/2
            I don't understand why they don't stick Root in at three. He is one of the top batsmen in the world, IMHO.

Comment

I don't understand why they don't stick Root in at three. He is one of the top batsmen in the world, IMHO.

I dont think its just your HO, the stats/data bare it out
              All other countries play their best batsmen (pretty much) in order - England for some reason hide them about the place !
              I'm not sure why orders arent more mixed with pitch/match situation taken into account - besides night watchment, batting orders are prosaically static

Without Captaincy would Cook get selected ????

England batting on seems somewhat redundant - will SL get over 3 figures ??????

Comment

Absolutely.

A dreadful drop (or, more accurately, 'leave') by the Sri Lankan keeper early on this morning - he didn't even attempt the simple catch. It cost Eranga both his first wicket of the match and 4 runs!

England 326/6

Comment

Oh bliss...sitting in garden..book..today's economist..radio...and a BIG jug of Pimms No 1...a veritable fruit coctail...with a helping of CDC.....Think I need to get the hammock out....

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
                  Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. (Marcus Aurelius, 121-189 AD)

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post

Oh bliss...sitting in garden..book..today's economist..radio...and a BIG jug of Pimms No 1...a veritable fruit coctail...with a helping of CDC.....Think I need to get the hammock out....
                    So who are you rooting for in the soccer this evening?

My money's on Madrid.

Comment

So who are you rooting for in the soccer this evening?

My money's on Madrid.
                      In my world the 3 wise monkeys deal with soccer...I have nothing to do with it.🙈🙉🙊
                      This evening it's Connacht.....up the westies
                      Last edited by Pixie; 28th-May-2016, 11:15.
                      Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. (Marcus Aurelius, 121-189 AD)

Comment

In my world the 3 wise monkeys deal with soccer...I have nothing to do with it.
                        This evening it's Connacht.....up the westies

Noted.

Now, would you care to amuse me by telling me how many Westies are playing for the "Westies"?

HINT:- you won't need to use your toes for counting!

Comment

Noted.

Now, would you care to amuse me by telling me how many Westies are playing for the "Westies"? [emoji14]

HINT:- you won't need to use your toes for counting!
                          Home is where the Heart is....they are all Westies...[emoji12]

Comment

I was born in Derbyshire...but my Heart is in Cork.....up the Rebs

Comment

I was born in Derbyshire...but my Heart is in Cork.....up the Rebs
                              Faraway hills are always greener.

(Mind you, if I had been born within 50 miles of Denis Skinner, I'd have a hankering for foreign shores too!)

An awful shot from Broad - as usual! But 400/8 is a winning score.

Comment

Faraway hills are always greener.

(Mind you, if I had been born within 50 miles of Denis Skinner, I'd have a hankering for foreign shores too!)

An awful shot from Broad - as usual! But 400/8 is a winning score.
                                Well I would defend Denis Skinner...not my politics but as an MP he has always put his constituents first.Never toadied to Party bigwigs for political favour.Always appreciate someone who is faithful to his beliefs..even if they are not mine.....Im not 50 miles away..Bolsover is not that far away.

Comment

Working...
                                X