Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Cricketing thread. Restricted Admission, strictly no Philistines or yobs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually no, thats on grass first imo
    My computer thinks I'm gay
    What's the difference anyway
    When all the people do all day
    Is stare into a phone

Comment

The (not) catch might do it for the Windies..........

Comment

Holy sweet jesus, 6, 6, 6
        Is stare into a phone

Comment

Unbelievable!!!

Comment

And finishes with a fourth straight 6, unbelievable
            Is stare into a phone

Comment

I'm not a massive cricket fan, but that was f**king awesome.
              Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Two world cups won in one day, staggering
                Is stare into a phone

Comment

Great win for the Windies, I hope this will precipitate youngsters in the Islands and Guyana shunning the basketball court and heading to the cricket nets!!!

Comment

I don't follow cricket, I don't have Sky Sports, but that was memorable sports by any measure. Gwan the Carribean! [emoji967][emoji967][emoji967]
                    "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
                    Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Morgan has been a fine captain but his own play is gone to the dogs. Think he will be sacrificed in the review that follows
                      Is stare into a phone

Comment

Fantastic win for the W'Indies and Darren Sammy's victory interview with Sky Sports was amazing - he lashed the WICB.

As for England, well, I'm really delighted for Kiwi Ben Stokes. It just couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke.
                        New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

What did he say Doggie? I legged it down for a late beer
                          Is stare into a phone

Comment

Happy days are here again as (weather permitting) the first round of the County Championship starts on Monday.

Who can win it? Well, the Yorkies are favourites to make it three in a row but with both the Lankies and Surrey back in Division One, it probaby won't be as much of a stroll for them as it has been for the past couple of seasons.

Monty is back with Northants, where it all started for him - I wish him well on his latest attempt to save himself from his demons.

One interesting innovation this season is that the toss has been abolished meaning that the visiting captain can choose to bat or bowl, as he wishes. This is an attempt to force counties to produce better wickets; the risk is that groundsmen will opt to produce flat, bland wickets that will mean more boring draws.

Also, as lovers of instant soup, pot noodles and €10 quickies down dark, foul smelling city lanes probably already know, the IPL starts today. Hmmm, a case of horses for courses I suppose.
                            Last edited by Old Dog; 9th-April-2016, 12:58.
                            New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

I wouldn't fancy Somerset's trip up to Durham to start the season. Predicted 9 degrees with Easterly and Northerly winds. Cricket balls are fecking hard, they are even harder when it is that cold!!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Headingley this morning (photo courtesy of Johnny Bairstow's Facebook page) - just as well that the Yorkies aren't playing at home today!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Headingley.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	2487431

Comment

Working...
                                X