No announcement yet.

Cork City Football Club

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

City got a tutorial tonight from the Duns. They scored in the fourth minute and apart from a seven or eight minute period before Halftime, never looked like conceding.

Dundalk are nine points and twenty four goals ahead with a game in hand.

They need four points from their last five games to win the league. Three will probably do.

City are free to concentrate on the Cup, I'd say.

Mind you, they are away to the Boh-es in the Semi Final.

Comment

City got out of jail, big time, in Dalymount in the FAI Cup Semi-Final. They got a Pen with four minutes left that even Dave Barry thought was dodgy.

Replay on Monday the 8th in the Cross.

Comment

City set up the fourth Dundalk v Cork City FAI Cup Final in a row, tonight, beating the Boh-es 2-1.

They took the lead through Cummins on the half hour and Sadlier got another before half time.

They parked the bus in the second half and Morris put a rasper into the top corner after an hour.

It bounced down off the crossbar, right in front of me and I thought it was in from the angle of descent (I didn't see where it bounced) but it bounced out, went along the goal line and eventually was cleared for what appeared to be a corner.
        The additional ref on the goal line seemed to tell the Ref that it was a goal and that was that.

There were a few fraught moments for City in the last half hour but they held on for the win.
        Last edited by Piquet; 8th-October-2018, 22:39.

Comment

Next Season's fixtures have been announced.

See here: http://cms.sseairtricityleague.ie/si...e%20List_0.pdf

Comment

Waterford beat City 2-0 tonight with a goal in the last minute of each half.

They were by far the more skilful and organised team on the night.

They had only two or three shots in target but that was more than City had.

City are pointless, goalless and in the Play-off spot.

Mind you, they are only two points behind Dundalk.

Comment

A very poor game in the Cross tonight finished scoreless. Neither team seemed like scoring at any stage.

In my opinion, Derry are the LOI Time-wasting Champions. Closely followed by the Boh-es.

They really excelled themselves tonight.

In the second half, City had a corner on their left. It was an outswinger and the Ref clearly signals that it had gone wide. The Linesman points at the Six-Yard Box. Peter Cherrie, who signed for Derry from Cork during the Closed season puts the ball down about seven yards out pretending to think that the call was Offside.

Directly from a Corner.

From which one cannot be offside

He learns fast.

2847 there tonight on a night where the weather assured that the walk up crowd was small.
              Last edited by Piquet; 1st-March-2019, 22:41. Reason: Typos

Comment

4,700 in Tallaght to watch the two best teams in the league. Poor showing from the Cork public.

Comment

I thought you didn't comment about attendances.

Comment

I make exceptions

Comment

City got an important win tonight 2-0 over the Boh-es in front of 3,016.

They took the lead in the first half from a corner on their left which went to the back post from where McCarthy headed back to the unpopulated near post and in.

Wouldn't have happened in my day.

1-0 at HT

The second came from a free 25 or so yards out. It was put sideways to Casey who buried it. There might have been a deflection, it was up the far end so I'm not sure.

Bohs played some lovely football but never really looked like scoring. No shots on target. Mind, City didn't have any that I can remember except for the second goal.

The Shams are on top, four ahead of the Duns, five ahead of Bohs and six ahead of City having played a game more.
                      Last edited by Piquet; 22nd-March-2019, 09:42. Reason: Got the first scorer wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet View Post
                        City got an important win tonight 2-0 over the Boh-es in front of 3,016.

They took the lead in the first half from a corner on their left which went to the back post from where McCormack headed back to the unpopulated near post and in.

Wouldn't have happened in my day.

1-0 at HT

The second came from a free 25 or so yards out. It was put sideways to Casey who buried it. There might have been a deflection, it was up the far end so I'm not sure.

Bohs played some lovely football but never really looked like scoring. No shots on target. Mind, City didn't have any that I can remember except for the second goal.

The Shams are on top, four ahead of the Duns, five ahead of Bohs and six ahead of City having played a game more.
                        With four games postponed next week, Rovers could be seven clear by Friday. Which is ridiculous scheduling by the FAI, but what's new?

Comment

The Final of the Munster Senior Cup is on tonight in the Cross.

City v Middleton 7:30 kick-off. Not the usual 7:45.

Admission €10.00, €5.00 for youngsters and oldies.

EDIT The usual sources will NOT be selling tickets for this game.

It being a MFA gig, City have no role in ticket sales, they will be available outside the Cross tonight.
                          Last edited by Piquet; 22nd-March-2019, 09:32.

Comment

City and the real Rovers played out a nil all draw at the cross there now. The only likelihood of a score at either end was late on when a shot from O'Connor for City was blocked by Beeney in the Rovers goal and the ball deflected up into a defender and behind for a corner.

Luckily for both teams, Dundalk beat UCC. Had College won City would be 8th and Rovers 9th. As it is, College are in the playoff spot two points behind the others.

2,302 were there. I can't see as many this night week when Harps, rock bottom on two points, are there.

By the way, isn't it ridiculous that two of the three teams furthest away from Cork have to travel there (and back) on a Monday?
                            Last edited by Piquet; 22nd-April-2019, 18:39.

Comment

John Caulfield "will step down from his position as first team manager with immediate effect" according to The Paper

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet View Post
                                John Caulfield "will step down from his position as first team manager with immediate effect" according to The Paper
                                pity
                                Seven social sins: politics without principles, wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, and worship without sacrifice

Comment

Working...
                                X