No announcement yet.

Cork City Football Club

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

City got a tutorial tonight from the Duns. They scored in the fourth minute and apart from a seven or eight minute period before Halftime, never looked like conceding.

Dundalk are nine points and twenty four goals ahead with a game in hand.

They need four points from their last five games to win the league. Three will probably do.

City are free to concentrate on the Cup, I'd say.

Mind you, they are away to the Boh-es in the Semi Final.

Comment

City got out of jail, big time, in Dalymount in the FAI Cup Semi-Final. They got a Pen with four minutes left that even Dave Barry thought was dodgy.

Replay on Monday the 8th in the Cross.

Comment

City set up the fourth Dundalk v Cork City FAI Cup Final in a row, tonight, beating the Boh-es 2-1.

They took the lead through Cummins on the half hour and Sadlier got another before half time.

They parked the bus in the second half and Morris put a rasper into the top corner after an hour.

It bounced down off the crossbar, right in front of me and I thought it was in from the angle of descent (I didn't see where it bounced) but it bounced out, went along the goal line and eventually was cleared for what appeared to be a corner.
        The additional ref on the goal line seemed to tell the Ref that it was a goal and that was that.

There were a few fraught moments for City in the last half hour but they held on for the win.
        Last edited by Piquet; 8th-October-2018, 23:39.

Comment

Working...
        X