• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by whimpersnap View Post
    Congratulations Dundalk, League of Ireland champions 2017
    No bites. Will have to buy a new fishing rod

Comment

OK, let's get the trivial matter out of the way first. City (holders) (top of the Premier Division) beat Athlone (bottom of the First Division) 7-0.

Far more importantly, I went into the Turners Cross Tavern and was discussing the game with two fellow punters when who came into the pub only Trevor Welch and Carl Davenport. That's right, The Dav, in the flesh.

Davy Barry was down the other end but The Dav was actually talking to me.

For those youngsters amongst us, The Dav is an absolute 24 carat Legend. Look him up.

Comment

Did you know Davy Barry is a plumber by trade Piquet?!
        "Strike me flamin' handsome!!!" - Alf Stewart

His body is only a fuel tank for his micky - a work colleague talking about a fella he knows.

Comment

Yes.

Comment

Is a 24 carat legend different in quality to a 24 carat ligind?

Comment

Yes. The latter will have played for Munster.

For all his achievements, and there were many, the Dav never managed that.

Comment

City drawn away to Longford in the FAI Cup.

Other fixtures:
                Bluebell Utd v Shamrock Rovers
                Galway Utd v Limerick
                Dundalk v Drogheda Utd.

Games to be played on the Weekend of Sep 8th - 10th.

Comment

If City had won tonight and Dundalk hadn't, City would have won the League. Neither happened. City lost 1-3 in Tallaght and, by the looks of things, Dundalk gave Pat's the mother and father of a hammering, winning 6-0. City still need five points from six games.

I was in Musser so I didn't see the City game. Perhaps Whimper was there and can give us an eye-witness account.

Comment

Here's how RTE 6pm News told us that Cork City were playing for the title tonight.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170902_010110512.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	120.6 KB
ID:	2493110

Comment

Originally posted by aupa les rouges View Post
                      Here's how RTE 6pm News told us that Cork City were playing for the title tonight.[ATTACH=CONFIG]16002[/ATTACH]
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170902-010826.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	2493111

Expect this for tomorrow's Leinster report.

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet View Post
                        If City had won tonight and Dundalk hadn't, City would have won the League. Neither happened. City lost 1-3 in Tallaght and, by the looks of things, Dundalk gave Pat's the mother and father of a hammering, winning 6-0. City still need five points from six games.

I was in Musser so I didn't see the City game. Perhaps Whimper was there and can give us an eye-witness account.
                        Yes, Cork were the same average team they've been since Maguire left and Rovers won easily.

Comment

From the Cork City Website:

"Details of changes to two Cork City fixtures have been confirmed.

The fixture away to Limerick, originally scheduled for Saturday, 23rd September has been rescheduled for Friday, 22nd September at Markets Field with a kick-off time of 7.45 pm.

The match will be televised live on RTE2.

The fixture at home to Dundalk, originally scheduled for Friday, 15th September has been rescheduled for Monday, 25th September at Turner’s Cross with a kick-off time of 7.20 pm.

The match will also be televised live on RTE2."

Comment

At least City can still manage to score against First Division teams. They beat Longford 4-1 last night.

The bad news is that there are no more of them left in the Cup. It's Dundalk, Limerick, the Shams and City in the last four.

Comment

Should be a good semi-final line-up: City v Limerick at Turner's Cross and Dundalk v Rovers at Oriel.

Comment

Hopefully the draw (tonight on Soccer Republic RTÉ Two seven o clock) will come out that way.

Comment

Working...
                                X