UL and LIT hurling in the Fitzgibbon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UL and LIT hurling in the Fitzgibbon

Just out of curiosity, were there actually many Limerick players on either teams? iirc, when UL won it a few years back there wasn't actually anyone from Limerick starting? Has there been any improvement with LIT this year, or are we terminal?
    It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.

Every plan I have is the best plan in the room. Everybody get quiet and listen to it, and everybody will win

very few joey.maurice o brien started for LIT,but thats about it as regards starters.1 or 2 on the benches.then again not all,young limerick hurlers go to lit or ul.in fact a large number of the 21s players over the last number of years have bben tradesmen
    g\'wan bruff!!

``The answer is not heavy- handed regulations that crush the entrepreneurial spirit and risk- taking of American capitalism. That\'s what\'s made our economy great.\"
    -Barack Obama

\"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics\"
    -thomas sowell

Comment

Originally posted by bruffian
      very few joey.maurice o brien started for LIT,but thats about it as regards starters.1 or 2 on the benches.then again not all,young limerick hurlers go to lit or ul.in fact a large number of the 21s players over the last number of years have bben tradesmen
      Still, with the playing numbers Limerick has (4th highest I think) you'd think a few would be making an impression.
      It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.

Every plan I have is the best plan in the room. Everybody get quiet and listen to it, and everybody will win

Comment

LIT won it about 3 years ago, I think the problem is that Limerick has lots of mediocre players and very few midfielders and forwards

Comment

Gud point bout the tradesmen not many limerick hurlers in LIT or UL really and those who are are involved.UL seamus hickey but he been injured and a o connell from adare came on in a few games. LIT Mossie o brien started Gavin o mahoney wud have pushed hard but injured. Richie murphy in FAS and got involved and lad fromm killedy on d panel.the dean rayn game featuring Tralee IT featured eoin ryan, liam hurley and one of the o briens from bruree.MAry I had dinny moloney but got injured and also had bout 5 more limerick lads.Look at our teams how many are in college?

Comment

Working...
          X