SymReal&#079;nLoad();
    window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
    SymReal = window.;
    window. = Sym;
    }

SymReal&#079;nLoad = window.&#111;nload;
    window.&#111;nload = Sym&#079;nLoad;

//->
    <DIV ="line">A good news story for the Ronan O'Gara of golf: a good pro who gets better each year, probably gives too many newspaper interviews, who has finished second a tad too many times but who ultimately believes that he'll win the Big One....</DIV>
    <DIV ="line"></DIV>
    <DIV ="line">Harrington beats Woods to title </DIV>
    <DIV ="bo">

FINAL LEADERBOARD (Jpn unless stated):
    -9 P Harrington (Ire), T Woods (US)
    * Harrington wins play-off
    -8 K Fukabori
    -6 J Rose (Eng), S Katayama
    -4 I Poulter (Eng), T Taniguchi
    Selected others:
    +3 T Bjorn (Den)
    [/B]+13 D Howell (Eng)

</DIV>Ireland's Padraig Harrington beat world number one Tiger Woods at the second play-off hole to win the Dunlop Phoenix tournament in Japan.

The pair shared the third-round lead before three early birdies in the final round put Woods clear, but Harrington drew level with two holes left.

The pair carded rounds of 67 to finish on nine under, one ahead of Keiichiro Fukabori, and set up the play-off.

When Woods missed a 12-foot putt, a tap-in gave Harrington the title.
    <DIV ="bo">

It was a spectacular finale from Harrington, who had driven into the rough and then had to put the ball through a narrow gap in a Y-shaped tree.

The 2006 European Order of Merit winner's ball caught the base of the gap and ricocheted upwards, advancing just 120 yards.

But Harrington then produced a superb pitch to within two feet to set up his match-winning birdie.

"When you come up against Tiger you've got to take whatever opportunities are presented," Harrington said of his risky second through the split trunks of the tree.

</DIV>
    <DIV ="i">
    <TABLE><T>
    <T>
    <TR>
    <TD width=5></TD>
    <TD ="fact"><!-Smva->I had my opportunities," he said. "I had a two-shot lead with three to go and missed a short one there at 16
    <!-Emva-><!-Smva-><!-Smva->Tiger Woods <!-Emva-><!-Emva-></TD></TR></T></T></TABLE></DIV>
    <DIV ="bo">

"I saw it as a great chance of hitting a spectacular shot to win the play-off and it came off.

"I definitely got lucky but sometimes fortune favours the brave."

Woods, who has a 38-3 record when going into the final round of a tournament as clear or joint leader, was aiming for a third successive win in the tournament and his 10th victory of the year.

However, the 12-time major winner let slip a two-stroke lead with three holes left, and was left to rue a missed three-foot par putt on the 16th.

"I had my opportunities," he said. "I had a two-shot lead with three to go and missed a short one there at 16.

"If I made that putt it would have forced Paddy (Harrington) to have to birdie one of the last two holes to get into a play-off. It was a poor putt. It probably cost me the tour
    "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
    Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Excellent news. Well done Paddy, now take that confidence and go win a major!
    Hope Not Hate

Comment

The next step for the European no. 1?

Fair play. Delighted for him [img]smileys/thumb-up.gif[/img]

p.s. I was lucky enough play last w/e with a bloke who narrowly lost to Padraig in the South of Ireland a few years ago. We had a match, and we halved it [img]smileys/biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

Ijust saw the tape of the last few holes. Paddy was 3 down on Tiger with 6 to go, they were both in the final group, and eventhough his long game wasn't great he scrambled well, and his short game was very good.

I was impressed with the nature of the win, as much as the win over Tiger. I wouldn't bet against him winning a Major !.

Comment

The next step is a major and I do believe 2007 will bring that for him.

Comment

I hope so, but I'm not convinced. His scrambling game is incredible but he needs to hit a lot more greens in regulation.

Golf is a funny game, if you are spraying it a bit your short game tends to compensate. If you hit it solid, fairways and greens, chances are you'll hole few putts of any distance.

The odd time it all clicks.

Comment

Originally posted by Bitter As A Lemon

Nah, Point has made me see the light in relation to the great Padraig Harrington

Comment

Originally posted by epaddy
                Originally posted by Bitter As A Lemon

Nah, Point has made me see the light in relation to the great Padraig Harrington
                Oh! [img]smileys/c&#111;nfused.gif[/img]

What's the beef ep?

Comment

Guts to burn [img]smileys/thumb-up.gif[/img]

Comment

As a long time Critic of Paddy,I am absolutley delighted for him.Only 6 other players have ever beaten Tiger when he was leading on the last day.[img]smileys/thumb-up.gif[/img]
                    I distrust Camels and anybody else that go for 7 days without a drink

Comment

Podge and Joey H both winning, good weekend.

Comment

Working...
                      X