NFL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by antipopper
    Theres only around 3 games i remember from any sport that compare to the what the Eagles did yesterday. They look safe to bye the wild card round , hope they havent used up all their luck though.

Jets should have a wildcard after that win in Pittsburgh. Might mean an not so bad trip to Kansas City for them in the wildcard round, NE in the next on though. To everyone elses dismay the Colts look like they will be in now.

Amazing stuff. For the last TD to come after that fumble showed how important the bounce of a ball can be.

Hoopeful for the Jets now, and back to being bipolar about Sanchez.
    "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Giants must be sick this morning after that that. Kick thepunt out of bounds to tie the game. Similiar to ROG second Lions test last year. [img]smileys/confused.gif[/img]

Comment

Other than the punt, which was inexplicable, i wouldnt consider it a meltdown, they were simply outplayed in the last 7 mins. It should have been a close game all along had it not been for the eagles 2 fumbles which were very questionable and one of them shoulda been challenged.

Jets I still don't know about, but the Steelers went down on my estimations yesterday.

Last night also proved that it helps to have an actual offence when you are playing against the Pats (unlike the Jets and the Bears when it snows ) , Packers with their backup QB almost beat them last night. Colts and the Chargers if they get in could match up well against them.

Comment

http://sports.chicagotribune.com/mer....aspx?c=chicag osports&page=nfl/stand/standings.aspx?conf=NFC

http://sports.chicagotribune.com/mer....aspx?c=chicag osports&page=nfl/stand/standings.aspx?conf=AFC

NFC & AFC Standings respectively

Comment

Giants choked to end all chokes last night.

Lot of depressed colleagues in the NY office this morning!
            g\'wan bruff!!

``The answer is not heavy- handed regulations that crush the entrepreneurial spirit and risk- taking of American capitalism. That\'s what\'s made our economy great.\"
            -Barack Obama

\"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics\"
            -thomas sowell

Comment

Jets Pass defence killed Pats and Brady last night. The great man seemed clueless when ever he looked down field to make a pass.

Comment

Super performance from the Jets alright. Green was awesome running the ball when it mattered.

Very very disappointed with Flacco on Sat night. Was hoping this was B'mores year.

Comment

Sanchez would want to settle at a point where I can define a lazy and semi-informed opinion about him.

They did a great job on Brady, who took them apart only a couple of weeks ago.

Huge psychological job to manage that sort of turnaround in that amount of time.

Still not sure what team will turn up against the Steelers though.
                  "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Funny there thing that got their season going (getting rid of randy moss) was the thing that came back to haunt them. The Pats badly needed some one to run deep and stretch the field, especially when time was running out. No one can deny the Jets have the most talented team in the league, they are putting it together at the right time alot of it still depends on the not s**t play of sanchez though. Another things is this Pats win the white whale for them, they got so pent up over it that it will be hard to match it again next week.

Packers are looking very good , but they will have tougher defences to deal with from here out and a Bears team thats very familiar with them.

Comment

It's all pointing towards a Packers v Steelers Superbowl for me, but I never thought the Pat's would have been beaten in a million years last night so who knows?

\"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness\".
                      Dalai Lama

Comment

Originally posted by John123
                        It's all pointing towards a Packers v
                        Steelers Superbowl for me, but I never thought the Pat's
                        would have been beaten in a million years last night so who
                        knows?
                        Don't write off the Jets, just made Peyton Manning and Tom
                        Brady look very ordinary 2 weeks in a row. Big Ben is next.
                        To err is human - but to really screw up you need a computer.

Comment

I was amazed at how bad the Jets made Brady look or maybe he made himself look bad. But any time he had the ball I as just waiting for him to be sacked.

Sanchez was brutal last week against Colts yet Jets won. Pats pass defence had been suspect for a while and it's the exact thing that was won games for Jets the last 2 weeks. That defence and Sanchez having a half decent game could see them going all the way.

Comment

Packers hammered the Bears a couple of weeks ago in the regular seasonbut look what happened with Patriots v Jets in regular season - Pats hammered Jets 45 - 3 so regular season form goes out the window. Jay Cutler owes the Packers big time, he got serious abuse in Lambeau Field from the fans so he needs to produce against them this time to stick it down their necks. I would have a sneaky fancy for Bears v Jets Superbowl.

Comment

Unlike Munster Jets get it done on the road for the second week in succession - they are this seasons road warriors of the NFL. Having already broken the Heniz Field jinx it looks like gang green may by on the way to Dallas. What about Rex Ryan going into the endzone after the last touchdown! Class

J - E - T - S JETS JETS JETS
                              Its deja vu all over again!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ciaranb
                                Packers hammered the Bears a couple of weeks ago in the regular seasonbut look what happened with Patriots v Jets in regular season - Pats hammered Jets 45 - 3 so regular season form goes out the window. Jay Cutler owes the Packers big time, he got serious abuse in Lambeau Field from the fans so he needs to produce against them this time to stick it down their necks. I would have a sneaky fancy for Bears v Jets Superbowl.
                                Packers did not hammer the Bears a few weeks ago, it was 10-3. They struggled to beat them in Lambeau when the Bears sat half their starters for long periods of the game because they already had a bye wrapped up. Bears beat them in soldier field by 3. Packers are on a roll but the Bears match up very well against them. If there is snow it could be a big factor, it causes problems for pass rushers.
                                Lambeau is no different to anywhere else for Cutler. He is one of the most hated QBs in the league for throwing his toys out of the pram in Denver. He was right to be pissed off but kicking up a fuss and wanting out was too much. There was always the constant trash talking with Phillip Rivers but Rivers backed it up. I dont like them cause of cutler and i still dont forgive them for bringing Rex Grossman along to ruin a superbowl a few years ago

Comment

Working...
                                X