Thanksgiving has come and gone and the run in to the
    playoffs is set. Pats gave the Lions an unholy thumping in the
    second half and Jets kept pace beating the Bengals. And the
    Saints beat the Cowboys, which makes me happy - just
    hoping Skins can beat Favre's Vikings.

Front runners are - Jets, Pats and Falcons; although a lot are
    talking up the Ravens & Steelers. Any predictions for the
    Super Bowl ???

Pats vs Jets tonight (well, 1am) - both 9/2 going into the game.

As with most of the year, I think it will come down to whether Sanchez keeps his nerve and if the Jets can limit Tom Brady.
    "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Bears could be surprise package this year. 9 / 3 and won ugly against the Lions yesterday.

Comment

I think it could be Baltimore's year. Would love to see Ray Lewis do it one more time.

Comment

Tester for the Jets will be how they respond if they don't win tonight. They went into a death spiral last year as soon as they lost momentum. They're better this year, but I don't think their resiliance has been tested.
          "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Jets are far better this year and remember they still made the afc champ game last year.
            Its wide open this year, and its foolish to speculate who will win it out. Think Steelers Ravens Pats and Jets all look good to make it in despite they have/will take lumps out of each other this weekend and thats all that matters in the AFC unless the Chargers and Colts find a way to get in. Its a pity that the Chiefs, Jaguars and winner of the NFC West s**tpile
            look like making the playoffs and cause I don't expect to do anything
            once they get there.

NFC is far more wide open, one very good team will miss the playoffs by the looks of it. I think the Saints could be dangerous if they find their way in, their knack for winning close games this year has been impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Soprano
              I think it could be Baltimore's year. Would love to see Ray Lewis do it one more time.

Having just watched a recording of last nights game I think I'll row back on that prediction. Flacco not up to it.

Comment

Steelers: Checked... Colts: Checked.... Jets: Checked (last nite 45....3!!!! What's up Mr Ryan?).

Pats looking more than good...

Comment

Ha ya i take it back about the Jets got an ass kicking last night.
                  Still not fully convinced by the Pats, but there seems to be no team around to take advantage off their bad pass defence. Steelers and Ravens are easily capable of beating them come playoff time.

Comment

Sanchez proving he's not got it, I fear. 3 ints for TD's. More surprising
                    was Brady given a free run to throw 4 TD passes.

Until last night I was wondering if the Jets could win a superbowl on a
                    running offence and a mean defence. Now it's just a running offence,
                    unless Ryan pulls it out.

Maybe they could try Tomas O Leary at QB?

Comment

Balla Boy, As a Jets fan I would rather have Eoin Reddan than O'Leary at QB!!!

Seriously though this was a bad beating for the Jets - they had the same amount of prep time than the Pats but it looks like the Pats used their time a lot wiser. Hopefully they can rebound from this and make the playoffs as a wild card team and given their road record this season (up to last night!!) they can make the AFC title game where they will probably meet the Pats again.
                      Its deja vu all over again!!!

Comment

The wild cards should be out of the AFC North and East , so the Jets should get in, two more wins needed i'd say. The cold i'd say is affecting Sanchez , he is a pampered boy out of southern cal after all, tough s**t its gonna be almost all cold weather games in the afc playoffs this year.

Comment

Pats seem to be getting the reults with a right dodgy pass defence. will probably top NFL in regular season but will be picked off in the play offs. Danny Woodhead has been a great signing for them considering his status. Very elusive

Comment

Originally posted by antipopper
                            The wild cards should be out of the AFC North
                            and East , so the Jets should get in, two more wins needed i'd say.*
                            The cold i'd say is affecting Sanchez , he is a pampered boy out of
                            southern cal after all, tough s**t its gonna be almost all cold weather
                            games in the afc playoffs this year.*
                            Lost to Miami this weekend. Now 9/4 with the Steelers and the Bears
                            up next on the road. Could be all over by the time they go to Buffalo
                            in the last week.

Sanchez was chronic again.

Comment

Theres only around 3 games i remember from any sport that compare to the what the Eagles did yesterday. They look safe to bye the wild card round , hope they havent used up all their luck though.

Jets should have a wildcard after that win in Pittsburgh. Might mean an not so bad trip to Kansas City for them in the wildcard round, NE in the next on though. To everyone elses dismay the Colts look like they will be in now.

Comment

Working...
                              X