CYCLING

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tippete7trees View Post
    Sagan 'only' finished 4th, so not as bad as it could have been Bennet and his team virtually stopped when trying to get back to the peloton which was being driven on fast by Sunweb and Bora-H likely trying to break Bennet. Looked very bad, but after a breather got going again and I think hes lost only about 26 points to Sagan.
    Might only have been 19(5 + 14).

anyone more in the know than me, when 3 Bora attacked Sam on the hill, one of them sat next to Sam as the other two(Sagan + 1) pulled away. If you didn’t know better you’d think they were just going at the same pace naturally but it looked a bit like, ‘ah you haven’t got it pal’ type sledging.
    The whole world cries out peace, freedom and a few less fat bastards eating all the pie.

Comment

Originally posted by MunsterTel View Post

Might only have been 19(5 + 14).

anyone more in the know than me, when 3 Bora attacked Sam on the hill, one of them sat next to Sam as the other two(Sagan + 1) pulled away. If you didn’t know better you’d think they were just going at the same pace naturally but it looked a bit like, ‘ah you haven’t got it pal’ type sledging.
      Not certain, but I think cyclists don't go in for sledging, it could bite you back for one thing. My guess would be 1 guy went with Sagan to pace him and the 2nd was saving energy to be fresher if Sam got Sagan back.
      Stand up for the Ulcer men

Comment

Originally posted by tippete7trees View Post

Not certain, but I think cyclists don't go in for sledging, it could bite you back for one thing. My guess would be 1 guy went with Sagan to pace him and the 2nd was saving energy to be fresher if Sam got Sagan back.
        Cheers. Just looked to be doing an awful lot of looking directly into his face. As opposed to keeping an eye on him.
        The whole world cries out peace, freedom and a few less fat bastards eating all the pie.

Comment

Sagan 'only' got 23 points more than Sam today.
          In fairness if I was a Sagan fan I would be disappointed with what looks like half a missed opportunity. There were 50 points there for the taking with a few sprinters out; finishing 4th has to be a disappointment for him.

In the immediate future, Sam's worst ennemy will be time limits, if he is still in it come Friday (fingers crossed!!!), Sagan will have one last opportunity to try a similar stragegy as today.
          This could still be decided on the Champs-Elysées but for now I'll be praying Sam survives the Alps!
          Last edited by ephileth; 12-September-2020, 17:49.
          Good things happen to those who wait, though mostly much too late.

Comment

Originally posted by MunsterTel View Post

If it was anyone else I’d agree, but all that ski jumping. Who knows what way that has shaped his body and what it does for the internals. He looks like a machine on the bike. Has anyone ever seen him suffering?!
            I dunno, putting out that power in the Alps over a sustained climb is ridiculous. Like Bernal said he is putting out his best numbers and Roglic is leaving him for dust. There's something wrong there.

They generally say when watts per kilo goes over 7 you're into fantasy land.
            When things go wrong, blame McGahan

Comment

Originally posted by B.A. View Post

I dunno, putting out that power in the Alps over a sustained climb is ridiculous. Like Bernal said he is putting out his best numbers and Roglic is leaving him for dust. There's something wrong there.

They generally say when watts per kilo goes over 7 you're into fantasy land.
              Plenty of brutal climbing today so it should tell a lot.
              "It’s not the team you support, it’s the club you should support. The team on the pitch will ebb and flow because that’s the nature of sport. No team has ever been successful decade on decade. The club has the history and that’s the passion you should have."

Comment

Bernal done. No one touching Roglic I think.
                "It’s not the team you support, it’s the club you should support. The team on the pitch will ebb and flow because that’s the nature of sport. No team has ever been successful decade on decade. The club has the history and that’s the passion you should have."

Comment

Bennett finished five minutes inside the time limit today. He gained two points on Sagan

Comment

Bennet gains 2 more points on Sagan in the intermediate sprint, just needs to get home today. Just 2 more mountain stages left I think.
                    Stand up for the Ulcer men

Comment

Originally posted by B.A. View Post
                      Roglic was apparently putting out 7.2w/kg today. I call shenanigans. He doesn't look like a second cousin of a climber.
                      Only one man has previously had figures like that and well we know what happened there.
                      He's a guy who gets up at six o'clock in the morning regardless of what time it is.

Comment

Originally posted by redherring View Post

Only one man has previously had figures like that and well we know what happened there.
                        Pogacar is basically same weight -65 vs 66 kg - and so must have been putting out similiar wattage up to last 150 m - and what about WVA - he weighs in at 78kg ?
                        I really dont know if they (Roglic/Pogacar) are juicing - but i really hope WVAs isnt - he is the up and coming super star = dont know if he will take a grand tour but people are certainly talking about it
                        "I've got lots of potatos that need peeling and manure that needs shovelling" -M. Burns :_skull__rvmp_by_bad

Comment

Originally posted by SkullinPints View Post

Pogacar is basically same weight -65 vs 66 kg - and so must have been putting out similiar wattage up to last 150 m - and what about WVA - he weighs in at 78kg ?
                          I really dont know if they (Roglic/Pogacar) are juicing - but i really hope WVAs isnt - he is the up and coming super star = dont know if he will take a grand tour but people are certainly talking about it
                          I've no clue either but It's certainly not as black and white as that. You need to look at other factors like VO2 max and power threshold. WVA is another one who had a lot of cyclocross and mountain biking when younger and has really strong all rounder abilities.
                          He's a guy who gets up at six o'clock in the morning regardless of what time it is.

Comment

Bennett won the Intermediate Sprint to get 20 Points, ahead of Trentin (17) and Sagan (15). He's now 52 ahead of Sagan with Trentin a further 11 back in third.

Comment

Originally posted by redherring View Post

I've no clue either but It's certainly not as black and white as that. You need to look at other factors like VO2 max and power threshold. WVA is another one who had a lot of cyclocross and mountain biking when younger and has really strong all rounder abilities.
                              Agree but VO2Max is primarily used as a cardiorespiatory measurement of endurance. Lactic Thresholds may be the difference esp on that last 18% ramp where Roglic dropped Pogacar .... who knows!! But I do hope he is clean.

WVA has had consistent hig levels of performance since his days as a junior CX champion.....

"I've got lots of potatos that need peeling and manure that needs shovelling" -M. Burns :_skull__rvmp_by_bad

Comment

Originally posted by SkullinPints View Post

Agree but VO2Max is primarily used as a cardiorespiatory measurement of endurance. Lactic Thresholds may be the difference esp on that last 18% ramp where Roglic dropped Pogacar .... who knows!! But I do hope he is clean.

WVA has had consistent hig levels of performance since his days as a junior CX champion.....
                                Absolutely hope he is too. A legacy he will always have to contend with from the 90's and 00's.

WVA is the new Cancellara or Kelly. Should win plenty of the classics over the next few years. He's physically similar to Cancellara too.

Comment

Working...
                                X