No announcement yet.

CYCLING

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lightning fast stage, lots of riders blew up, crashes, the lot. Fantastic effort by his team to set him up, makes all the work worthwhile.
    Bit of a crybaby though.
    Stand up for the Ulcer men

Comment

Some effort, it's unreal also that a pure sprinter like Sam is still putting it to Sagan for the green jersey at this stage of the race. Delighted for him.
      When things go wrong, blame McGahan

Comment

Today's stage incredibly important. I feel he's going to need to be a fair few points ahead of Sagan before the Alps if he wants to bring the jersey back to Paris.
        So far he's shown he can do it so here's hoping!
        Good things happen to those who wait, though mostly much too late.

Comment

Is that another DSQ for Sagan? Did not look good for him to say the least
          Good things happen to those who wait, though mostly much too late.

Comment

Originally posted by ephileth View Post
            Is that another DSQ for Sagan? Did not look good for him to say the least
            It is and loses his intermediate sprint points. There was a clear bang off Van Aert. If Bennett can pick up a few of the sprints early in the mountain stages he'll be sitting pretty for Paris.
            He's a guy who gets up at six o'clock in the morning regardless of what time it is.

Comment

Huge day for Sam. Got unlucky on the line again but that Sagan DQ could give him enough of a cushion to survive the mountains.
              "It’s not the team you support, it’s the club you should support. The team on the pitch will ebb and flow because that’s the nature of sport. No team has ever been successful decade on decade. The club has the history and that’s the passion you should have."

Comment

Roglic was apparently putting out 7.2w/kg today. I call shenanigans. He doesn't look like a second cousin of a climber.

Comment

It's funny, but having won Stage 10 and having been second in stage 11, Sam Bennet finished 160th and last in Stage 12 and 159th and last in Stage 13 today.

He's 153rd overall, 24:57 ahead of the Lantern Rouge.

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet View Post
                    It's funny, but having won Stage 10 and having been second in stage 11, Sam Bennet finished 160th and last in Stage 12 and 159th and last in Stage 13 today.

Not massively unusual for a sprinter but the way he was dragged across the line makes me doubt he'll make it to Paris. Even if he gets to the rest day after a brutal climb tomorrow there's still a lot of climbing next week.
                    "It’s not the team you support, it’s the club you should support. The team on the pitch will ebb and flow because that’s the nature of sport. No team has ever been successful decade on decade. The club has the history and that’s the passion you should have."

Comment

Nah, it's like asking Usain Bolt to run a marathon, sprinters aren't built for the mountains. They're a ball of fast twitch muscles.

Comment

I know the pure sprinters usually finish down the field in the mountains, that's a given, but to finish last two days in a row is unusual.

Comment

I know the pure sprinters usually finish down the field in the mountains, that's a given, but to finish last two days in a row is unusual.
                          I wonder is he conserving every drop of energy he can. Be interesting this morning. I think only 40km to the sprint, Sagan will be at him from the off.
                          The whole world cries out peace, freedom and a few less fat bastards eating all the pie.

Comment

Originally posted by B.A. View Post
                            Roglic was apparently putting out 7.2w/kg today. I call shenanigans. He doesn't look like a second cousin of a climber.
                            If it was anyone else I’d agree, but all that ski jumping. Who knows what way that has shaped his body and what it does for the internals. He looks like a machine on the bike. Has anyone ever seen him suffering?!
                            The whole world cries out peace, freedom and a few less fat bastards eating all the pie.

Comment

Bennet in trouble today.

Comment

Sagan 'only' finished 4th, so not as bad as it could have been Bennet and his team virtually stopped when trying to get back to the peloton which was being driven on fast by Sunweb and Bora-H likely trying to break Bennet. Looked very bad, but after a breather got going again and I think hes lost only about 26 points to Sagan.

Comment

Working...
                                X