Horse Racing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
    He is Benny but I have a little niggle that he might have hurt himself in the process. He slightly lost his action going down the back and the tail started going for a couple of strides; and at the end of the race he looked a bit disunited to me. Watching it on ATR player but it is quite a good picture. I hope I am wrong because he is awesome and besides Big Bucks is the Cheltenham banker but something just did not look right.
    Was talking to an old friend last night and unprompted, he had the same niggle as me although like me he hopes he is wrong. Apparently Rock on Ruby is absolutely flying up the gallops should the worst happen.

Comment

Good days racing today. My interests are,

Ascot:

2:25: Cappa Bleu
      3:00: Riverside Theatre
      3:35: Orzare

Haydock:

2:10: Real Milan
      2:45: Featherbed Lane
      3:20: Giles Cross

Wincanton:

3:45: Taking a chance on Celestial Halo to beat Binocular.

Comment

Cappa Bleu ran well for you benny, 10st 10lb is a lovely weight for a big old horse like him in the national.

Comment

Today's decent racing is at Navan with 3 Grade 2 contests.

These are my interests.

1:50: Maiden Hurdle: Tennis Cap
          2:20: Grade 2 Hurdle: Mikael Dhaguenet
          2:50: Maiden Hurdle: Maller Tree
          3:25: Handicap Hurdle: Sean Airgead
          4:00: Grade 2 Novice Chase: Foildubh
          4:30: Grade 2 Novice Chase: Crash

First three are all short priced favourites so a little treble on them is what I've done. Pays just over 6/1.

Comment

Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
            Cappa Bleu ran well for you benny, 10st 10lb is a lovely weight for a big old horse like him in the national.
            He ran a very good race. I thought he had it but that poorish jump at the last took away his chance.

Riverside Theatre was pretty impressive considering he's been out for a whole year. The Ryanair could be at his mercy if he doesn't bounce although Rubi Light will have a big say if the ground turns up on the easy side.

Very impressed with Giles Cross also as he won very cosily. Looks like Denis O'Regan was told to win but go handy and only just do enough.

Binocular was too good in the end and they will still feel they have a chance in the Champion but he'll need more than that to trouble Hurricane Fly.

Comment

What a joke. Tennis Cap even money favourite only finishes 3rd. You wouldn't mind being beaten but the useless b*stard never looked like he had a chance. Couldn't even jump in a decent manner.

Comment

One of those days. Mourad beats Mikael Dhaguenet.

Comment

Originally posted by Benny View Post
                  One of those days. Mourad beats Mikael Dhaguenet.
                  You were unlucky with Foilldubh. I'm on crash here too, can't fathom why he was passed over by both Russell and Walsh, would have to see it as a negative

Comment

Thought Foildubh had it for sure going to the last. Donnas Palm stayed on very strongly to dash my hopes. Apart from costing me cash the other bad thing about that is that Donnas Palm is part owned by that thick ignorant FF**cker Brian Cowen.

1 win, 3 seconds, 1 3rd and one 4th. No damn good.

Comment

I see Richard Hills is to retire on Dubai World Cup night. Never my favourite jockey but he has had an excellent career thanks to Sheikh Hamdan.

In all his time riding and mine betting I only ever recall three horses I backed which he won on...Almutawakeel in the 1999 Dubai World Cup, Mutafaweq in the 1999 St. Leger when he turned over the odds on and top class filly Ramruma, and Nayef in a few races in 2002/2003.

I backed him many other times only to be let down and eventually about 7 years ago decided I'd never back another one of his horses as I just didn't trust him.

Of course now he will end up with a handy number working for the Sheikhs and good luck to him.

Comment

http://www.racingpost.com/news/horse...es/990208/top/

Looks like Nicholls unbelievable luck with the lurgy might be at an end. Very bad timing for the festival, there will be a lot of people who will not be shedding tears at his predicament. I repeat that Rock on Ruby and King of the night are trained in a different yard a full 20 Miles from the operations head quarters in Ditcheat where the horses are coughing.

Comment

Terrible timing for the festival alright. Kauto Star's chance for even more greatness could now be at risk. That would be very bad news for all racing lovers, even the ones who don't have much time for Nicholls.

One thing I was thinking today is that the Henderson team actually think they have a chance to do Big Bucks with Oscar Whisky. Now of course if he manages it it will be discredited.

Comment

Hey TPP, Barber is also training Chapoturgeon now and officially. He ran away with a hunter chase at Newbury but needs another placing in another hunter chase to get into the Foxhunters. They've entered him at Ludlow on Wednesday.

If this lad goes for the Foxhunters he will have a mighty chance of winning. In his prime he was rated well into the 150's and he is also already a festival winner. Indeed assuming the distance doesn't stop him I can't see him being beaten. Currently he is about 8/1. I hate betting ante-post but I am considering doing this tonight before that price gets squeezed.

Edit....just to add this lad is only 8 so he could actually get back to or above his previous standard if he buys into the game again fully.
                            Last edited by Benny; 20-February-2012, 18:39.

Comment

Originally posted by Benny View Post
                              Hey TPP, Barber is also training Chapoturgeon now and officially. He ran away with a hunter chase at Newbury but needs another placing in another hunter chase to get into the Foxhunters. They've entered him at Ludlow on Wednesday.

If this lad goes for the Foxhunters he will have a mighty chance of winning. In his prime he was rated well into the 150's and he is also already a festival winner. Indeed assuming the distance doesn't stop him I can't see him being beaten. Currently he is about 8/1. I hate betting ante-post but I am considering doing this tonight before that price gets squeezed.

Edit....just to add this lad is only 8 so he could actually get back to or above his previous standard if he buys into the game again fully.
                              Richard is the top Point to Point trainer in England I would say and the Foxhunters is always his target. He trains P to P horses for all the yard's top owners and has a few under rules as well which he trains under PN's name. Horse is entered for two hunter chases this week and think he will have to win which ever one he goes for to get in the foxhunters as I think they need to have won two.

Agree with you about Kauto btw, as I have always said horses don't pick their connections and i would love to see him win a third GC even if PN would be fecking odious telling us so afterwards.

An old cynic like myself likes the discredited line, PN might be getting twitchy about losing his trainers title!?! Oscar Whisky will make Big Bucks go but can't see BB not winning.

Comment

I thought he had to win and be placed, 1,2 or 3 in another but I now see you have to be 1st or 2nd in two Hunter Chases. So they need to make sure he is right whichever of the two races they pick this week as he has to be 1st or 2nd.

http://www.cheltenham-festival.co.uk/article396.html

Comment

Working...
                                X