No announcement yet.

Horse Racing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how is Cheltenham going ahead with most large gathering events being cancelled? surely it's a breeding ground for virus transmission?
    The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad.
    - Salvador Dali (1904-1989)

Comment

Originally posted by Upfront_1979 View Post
      how is Cheltenham going ahead with most large gathering events being cancelled? surely it's a breeding ground for virus transmission?
      I am missing my first Gold cup for 16 years as I didn’t want to risk picking something up and exposing my daughter to it. I think it is bonkers it is going on but am enjoying it nonetheless.

Comment

Thought today was a brilliant days racing, so many exciting finishes. Highlight for me was Rachel Blackmore’s ride in the mares race. What a modest, unassuming but determined woman she is, a real inspiration for any sportswoman.

Comment

Originally posted by Upfront_1979 View Post
          Horses just don't get it!
          Anybody who sees a psychiatrist would want their head examined. &nb sp;Henry Ford

Comment

If they could it wouldn't have gone ahead!

Too much money involved I'd say.
            Commemorate Nevin Spence here -
            http://www.mycharity.ie/event/munste..._nevin_spence/

Comment

Live racing on a Terrestrial Channel!!

The Coronation Cup at 3:35 with the Guineas tomorrow and Sunday respectively.

YAHOOOO!!

Comment

That Coronation Cup was a bit weird, and I'm not talking about the turn into the straight being a mile and two out.

Ghaiyyath led from start to finish, it wasn't 'till five furlongs or so that Frankie shook up Stradivarius to go in chase. They ended up third with late run from Anthony Van Dyck getting second.

At Lingfield, English King won the Derby Trial and "is being backed off the boards" for the Derby in the words of the ITV Crew.

Comment

ITV seems to be having issues today. Virgin One are taking the Racing TV coverage.

Comment

The Winter Favourite for the Guineas, Pinatubo, was third today.

A furlong out, he was "near enough, if good enough" as the cliché has it, but didn't get the trip, for me.

Kameko, with Oisín Murphy up, won it by a neck from Witchita, one of the O'Brien quartet.

It was Murphy's first English Classic.

Comment

It's back to ITV for Virgin One today.

There was a lot less "fluff", yesterday with the Racing TV coverage

Comment

A good win for Love in the Guineas today a good price too, for a Coolmore horse, 4/1. She was always prominent, on the outside, within a few lengths of the leader, took the lead with about a furlong to go and pulled away. She's 2/1 at best for the Oaks.

Like yesterday, the favourite Quadrilateral, was third. She was a bit keen in the opening furlong or so and never really settled, according to her jockey. She'd like a bit further so we could see the two meeting again at Epsom.

Comment

Question
                          Hukum has just won the 2:25 at Royal Ascot, there now.

I have a question. The horse was down to carry 8-11, according to the Irish Times and (on line) At The Races but the jockey has just weighed in at 9-1. There was no mention before, during or after the race of any overweight being carried.

What's the story?

Comment

Betty has a winner in the Windsor Palace, appropriately enough

He was 7/1 yesterday, started at 7/2.

Did the owner plunge, I wonder?

Comment

Frankie Dettori wins the Coronation Stakes and now has won every Royal Ascot Group One race and, it seems, he only needs the July Cup to complete all of the English Group Ones.

The second was returned at 16/5. I haven't seen that price before. (I suppose it's just out from 100/30)

Comment

No Stalls in Leicester. Presumably that's to keep the handlers away.

The favourite in the 5:45 had an awful start and looked to me to have lost by a nose.

The Judge thought otherwise. I'd like to see the photo

Comment

Working...
                                X