Horse Racing Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Piquet View Post
    I was listening to the radio this afternoon and a jockey, whose name I can't remember, who is riding an Irish horse next week Tiger Roll or something that won the Cross Country last year and is expected to win again this year said that the horse will carry 11-4 or so this year and his waking weight every morning is 11-7.

​​​​​He said that he'll have to be 11-2 or so to make the weight and described how he will do this in such terms that I reckon he does this routinely.

That can't be good for one.
    Keith Donoghue and he wouldn’t do it very regularly I would have thought. On the weight thing, it is interesting that Lester is still with us in his eighties (admittedly with a bit of a heart condition but who doesn’t at that age) and he took starvation and weight control to anorexic extremes for the whole of his adult life.

It is certainly looking like it is going to be soft ground now anyway. Further exacerbates the unpredictability after such a dry winter.

Comment

Klassical Dream wins the Supreme Novices' going away at 6/1 to start the Festival well for Mullins and Walsh.

Comment

They're expecting 45 mph winds tomorrow.

Jockeys were saying the going was soft, heavy in places in the first.

Comment

Duc Des Geneivres wins pulling up for Mullins and Townend. 5/1.

Comment

A third standing start in a row.

Comment

There'll be an inspection in the morning "with Saturday as a standby" according to ITV1

Comment

Itchy Feet and Melon both getting placed saving me so far.
                Buveur D'Air would have won comfortably....

Comment

Originally posted by ormond lad View Post
                  Itchy Feet and Melon both getting placed saving me so far.
                  Buveur D'Air would have won comfortably....
                  Not so sure, the winner won very well. Buveur’s hurdling has been erratic all season and he didn’t get away with today’s mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post

Not so sure, the winner won very well. Buveur’s hurdling has been erratic all season and he didn’t get away with today’s mistake.
                    Yeah probably your right. thoughts on next?

shame wont be able to watch last 2 on tv as tv3/itv dont have coverage of them

Comment

I'd say Cricfree would have them.

Comment

8am inspection tomorrow morning due to the strong winds forecast

Comment

Cheltenham goes ahead today.

Comment

Excellent second day. Altior showed he has guts to go with his class. Henderson’s horses have been beggared up by the flu debacle, yet another fiasco from the BHA so I suspect he wasn’t 100%.

Tiger Roll was his usual, brilliant, feline self, I honestly think he would have gone very close in the Gold Cup, I would have backed him
                            anyway. He is a lovely little horse.

Comment

Michael Fortune firstly told us that a punter bet £100,000 on Altior to win £40,000, then showed us the actual money.

If I had bet that much, I would have expected him to win a lot more easily, for my peace of mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet View Post
                                Michael Fortune firstly told us that a punter bet £100,000 on Altior to win £40,000, then showed us the actual money.

If I had bet that much, I would have expected him to win a lot more easily, for my peace of mind.
                                Odds on, watch on...

Comment

Working...
                                X