Horse Racing Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by anno12 View Post
    Haven't been keeping up with things today, but got the impression not as good as yesterday. Whats the Ireland-England score now?
    Empire Stokes back 5-2 UK

Sent from my ZH960 using Tapatalk

Comment

Scratching my head at this great gold cup nonsense. BHA have handicapped Native River the same as Best Mate. No wonder British racing is in the mess it is. Thought it was a bang average gold cup won by a decent stayer. No more than that. Ground was the worst we've seen. 17 winners for Ireland , following up 19 last year, looks like Mullins & Elliot will continue to dominate.

Comment

Originally posted by Real ale Madrid View Post
        Scratching my head at this great gold cup nonsense. BHA have handicapped Native River the same as Best Mate. No wonder British racing is in the mess it is. Thought it was a bang average gold cup won by a decent stayer. No more than that. Ground was the worst we've seen. 17 winners for Ireland , following up 19 last year, looks like Mullins & Elliot will continue to dominate.
        I don’t think Native River is anywhere near the Best mate who struggled to win his third GG, leave alone the Best Mate who hosed up in his second GG, I haven’t seen a horse that good. But it was a great race between two horses with the rest nowhere. Geraghty only got Anibale Fly anywhere near them because he never even tried to beat them.

As for two trainers training more winners than the rest put together I think that is extremely worrying for the game whether those trainers are from Britain or Ireland. That both trainers are Irish and Irish trainers are packing up in record numbers is a cause for concern, imho.

I am not a Michael O’Leary hater, I appreciate he spends fortunes on the game, but over a 1/4 of winners at Cheltenham owned by one man is not good for the sport either. Jump racing depends on rich men no doubt and very generous ones like JP, MOL etc at that but it is not sustainable unless it keeps contact with something approaching the real world. 60% of the Irish Gold Cup field being owned by two men is not good for the sport for all I wouldn’t criticise either man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I will sort out the table tomorrow, btw.

Comment

Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post

If you could drop me off the bottom that'd be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Comment

Well I'm on 5/6 anyway.

Comment

So I think our final standings are:

Isa 33/1
                Benny 7/1
                Stanley 5/1
                Real Ale Madrid 4/1
                Fitzy73 5/6
                Piquet 5/6
                TPP 4/7

Congratulations to Isa.

Comment

Financially I had a Cheltenham to forget but did enjoy the novelty of the meeting being run on proper heavy ground. It will be interesting to see how the form stands up in Aintree and Punchestown. Having been there for two days this year, I got a much better sense of quite how desperate that ground was because I could see how quickly horses behind were stopping and how tired they were crossing the line. My highlight was Samcro, who I had been looking forward to and who, I hope, might emulate Best Mate in achieving the holy grail of three Gold Cups. My ride of the week was Davy Russell never leaving the paint on Presenting Percy, it was a masterpiece from an artist.

Comment

I miss jumps racing

Comment

https://www.irishexaminer.com/irelan...aw-468444.html

The rich get richer, Magnier should sort this out.

Comment

Terrible news that Pat Smullen has been diagnosed with a tumour. Everything crossed for him.

Comment

That looked a seriously impressive run from Mendelssohn in the UAE Derby.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Gibson View Post
                            That looked a seriously impressive run from Mendelssohn in the UAE Derby.
                            Incredible performance. Looks like the lads are going after American silverware.

Comment

Incredible performance. Looks like the lads are going after American silverware.

Be interesting to see if Ryan Moore makes the trip across with them or stays for the Guineas

Comment

Originally posted by garryowen2323 View Post
                                Be interesting to see if Ryan Moore makes the trip across with them or stays for the Guineas
                                He will go to the states I reckon.

Comment

Working...
                                X