Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Horse Racing Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    I think he's better when the ground isn't so bad though maybe he just isn't quite right. His class got him there though and the first three had a huge gap over the rest of the field.

    Comment


      Originally posted by Benny View Post
      I think he's better when the ground isn't so bad though maybe he just isn't quite right. His class got him there though and the first three had a huge gap over the rest of the field.
      Mick Jazz’ win in Leopardstown doesn’t look such a fluke either.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

      Comment


        Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
        Buveur D’Air wasn’t right but wins anyway. I didn’t like the way he was carrying his head at all. That was a proper hard race and that horse is properly tired.


        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
        Best horse was second IMO. Whatever about the winner on better ground, Melon def needs it to be at his best. Will get revenge at Punchestown, a course were he will get a lead for much longer.

        Joe and d lads nearly landed the touch.

        Comment


          Originally posted by Isa View Post
          Best horse was second IMO. Whatever about the winner on better ground, Melon def needs it to be at his best. Will get revenge at Punchestown, a course were he will get a lead for much longer.

          Joe and d lads nearly landed the touch.
          Buveur D’Air didn’t look right the whole way as evidenced by his unusually poor jumping. Melon might be better in Punchestown which, imho, doesn’t take as much getting as Cheltenham but I will be amazed if Buveur D’Air goes there. It will need to be a NH miracle to get Buveur D’Air back to Cheltenham next year, imho, that race bottomed the horse out.


          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

          Comment


            Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
            Mick Jazz’ win in Leopardstown doesn’t look such a fluke either.


            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
            Indeed. A good horse.

            Comment


              Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
              Buveur D’Air didn’t look right the whole way as evidenced by his unusually poor jumping. Melon might be better in Punchestown which, imho, doesn’t take as much getting as Cheltenham but I will be amazed if Buveur D’Air goes there. It will need to be a NH miracle to get Buveur D’Air back to Cheltenham next year, imho, that race bottomed the horse out.


              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
              Yeah they should put him away now and hope they can get him back firing for next year's champion. In the overall scheme of things Punchestown is all very well but the best horses don't need to be going there.

              Comment


                Now time for one of my favourites, Apple's Jade. Hopefully she will perform up to her best and land this one.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Benny View Post
                  Now time for one of my favourites, Apple's Jade. Hopefully she will perform up to her best and land this one.
                  She is a bit fizzed up.


                  Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

                  Comment


                    Terrible run from Apple's Jade. All over the bloody place whatever was wrong with her.

                    Another win for Ruby.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Benny View Post
                      Terrible run from Apple's Jade. All over the bloody place whatever was wrong with her.

                      Another win for Ruby.
                      She never properly dropped the bit for JK. And she hung like a gate up the hill. I wouldn’t be surprised if something comes to light.


                      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

                      Comment


                        I had 2 winners, a loss and Melon in an e/w Lucky 15. A neck from being a very, very good day....
                        Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

                        Comment


                          Got to love JP. Any second now not off a yard. Walsh taking a pull at every fence, 5 wide all the way. Punchestown beckons!!!

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Isa View Post
                            Got to love JP. Any second now not off a yard. Walsh taking a pull at every fence, 5 wide all the way. Punchestown beckons!!!
                            The horse jumped right handed the whole way around. Punchestown probably will suit better as a result but I can’t see the Plot. Lovely quiet ride from Brian Hughes helps me out anyway.


                            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

                            Comment


                              So I think the only winners were Piquet and Fitzy73 with Footpad at 5/6.


                              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
                                The horse jumped right handed the whole way around. Punchestown probably will suit better as a result but I can’t see the Plot. Lovely quiet ride from Brian Hughes helps me out anyway.


                                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                                Not saying a plot but they had no intention of wining today. Walsh is brilliant at stopping them. About getting experience into him for later in year and early next year.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X