Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Horse Racing Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Annie Power won the equivalent race last year as her season opener. This card was staged on 17 Feb last year though, 27 days before Cheltenham started as opposed to the 20 day gap this year.

    Wonder if today's result means that Limini will be targetted at the mare's hurdle, with VVM going to the Champion or could it be vice versa. Limini would need to be supplemented for the CH though.

    Comment


      Is Being AP worth watching? I recorded it the other night
      I am the million man.

      Comment


        Barry Geraghty must be a doubt for Cheltenham after cracking a rib and puncturing a lung as Charli Parks fell at Kempton today. Could be a great opportunity for Mark Walsh.


        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

        Comment


          Originally posted by Isa View Post
          Coney Island, Presenting Percy and Carter McKay.
          very sweet on Presenting Percy. They won it last year with Mall Dini and this fella has had three lovely runs in handicaps.hopefullt his mark doest go above 137 but with that fella Smith you never know....
          Presenting Percy pissed up today. Price contracting rapidly. Champagne West is looking better value by the minute.


          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

          Comment


            Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
            Is Being AP worth watching? I recorded it the other night

            Yes, it is, the wife is involved a lot, but his drive comes through, his agent, Dave Roberts is a key figure, very close/personal relationship, of course JP rides made a diff, think he would have got to 20 Championships, regardless.

            Comment


              Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
              Presenting Percy pissed up today. Price contracting rapidly. Champagne West is looking better value by the minute.


              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Id say he left the Pertempts behind him yesterday. Mark destroyed. Crazy decision to run.

              Comment


                Originally posted by Isa View Post
                Id say he left the Pertempts behind him yesterday. Mark destroyed. Crazy decision to run.
                His Irish rating was 130 going into yesterday's race while the bottom weight in last season's Pertemps had a rating of 135. Now, Phil Smith might have bumped him up anyway but you couldn't be relying on him. So they were in a tough place if they wanted to guarantee a run in the Pertemps. Mall Dini (same connections) won off 139 with a weight of 10st11lbs last year. Weights are out during the week so will be interested to see what he gets.

                edit: There are 54 entries for a max field of 24. 45 British trained, 9 Irish trained. 37 of the British horses have a rating of 131 or higher while 4 of the Irish trained horses had an Irish rating higher than Presenting Percy before yesterday's run. So they'd be relying on a large number dropping out or Phil Smith upping their rating before yesterday's run.

                Top rated horses are currently on 145 (Aubusson and Caid du Berlais) compared to Taglietelle on 154 last year so we could be seeing quite a compacted handicap.

                http://www.racingpost.com/horses2/ca...=#raceTabs=lc_
                Last edited by Mike Gibson; 26th-February-2017, 11:28.

                Comment


                  Horse Racing Thread

                  Originally posted by Isa View Post
                  Id say he left the Pertempts behind him yesterday. Mark destroyed. Crazy decision to run.
                  He is already handicapped for the Pertemps. Weights were done last week. EDIT sorry don't know what I am thinking, they come out on Wednesday.


                  Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                  Comment


                    Gigginstown to supplement Tombstone for the Champion Hurdle

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Mike Gibson View Post
                      His Irish rating was 130 going into yesterday's race while the bottom weight in last season's Pertemps had a rating of 135. Now, Phil Smith might have bumped him up anyway but you couldn't be relying on him. So they were in a tough place if they wanted to guarantee a run in the Pertemps. Mall Dini (same connections) won off 139 with a weight of 10st11lbs last year. Weights are out during the week so will be interested to see what he gets.

                      edit: There are 54 entries for a max field of 24. 45 British trained, 9 Irish trained. 37 of the British horses have a rating of 131 or higher while 4 of the Irish trained horses had an Irish rating higher than Presenting Percy before yesterday's run. So they'd be relying on a large number dropping out or Phil Smith upping their rating before yesterday's run.

                      Top rated horses are currently on 145 (Aubusson and Caid du Berlais) compared to Taglietelle on 154 last year so we could be seeing quite a compacted handicap.

                      http://www.racingpost.com/horses2/ca...=#raceTabs=lc_
                      Rated 130, you would be very surprised if he didn't get a mark of at least 138 from Smith. Either way now he is going to get at least 138 from Irish Handicapper so will be well into the 140's which would rule him out for me.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Isa View Post
                        Rated 130, you would be very surprised if he didn't get a mark of at least 138 from Smith. Either way now he is going to get at least 138 from Irish Handicapper so will be well into the 140's which would rule him out for me.
                        He won't get in the race any lower. Smith is a c u next Tuesday who will probably put him up to 150 but they ran yesterday for a reason.


                        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
                          Is Being AP worth watching? I recorded it the other night
                          It is brilliant!!! But I am Biased.


                          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                          Comment


                            I watched it TPP and Stan, I have to say I know nothing about harses and racing but it seemed kinda clear to me that money, fame, all that stuff was supplementary to his racing and winning as a jockey. Being a jockey was his drug and he was more addicted to that than anything
                            I am the million man.

                            Comment


                              Geraghty out of Cheltenham.


                              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                              Comment


                                Looking like another soggy week upcoming in Cheltenham town. Proper soft ground must be odds on at this stage.


                                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X