Horse Racing Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bundi View Post
    In an open year will have his chance as well. I hear Potts gave J Mangan 300,000euro for a one from one 4yr old the other week, heading to Henry D.

Sent from my HUAWEI GRA-L09 using Tapatalk
    Thought Potts had cut all ties with de Bromhead?

Comment

Originally posted by bundi View Post
      In an open year will have his chance as well. I hear Potts gave J Mangan 300,000euro for a one from one 4yr old the other week, heading to Henry D.

Sent from my HUAWEI GRA-L09 using Tapatalk
      Heard Potts gave 500-600K for the Dennison 4 year old winner up the north the same weekend. Heading to Tizzard which i presume is where the Mangan one is going too.

Comment

Originally posted by Isa View Post
        Heard Potts gave 500-600K for the Dennison 4 year old winner up the north the same weekend. Heading to Tizzard which i presume is where the Mangan one is going too.
        He tried to buy Thistlecrack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Gibson View Post
          Potts will want him to go to the Gold Cup.
          Probably. He hasn't a hope in it though.

Comment

Mullins saying no plans to supplement Yorkhill for the CH. Going to have a couple of quid on NRNB.

Comment

Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
              Mullins saying no plans to supplement Yorkhill for the CH. Going to have a couple of quid on NRNB.

No point, everyone has backed it since Mullins said it wasn't going to run!?!?

Comment

I see that Eddie O'Leary has thrown his toys out of his pram over the Grand National weights. While I'd normally agree that Phil Smith is a **** of a man, I'm not sure he's that far off the mark this time.

Comment

I was wrong that the Flemensfirth that won the 4 Year old point for Dennison was sold last week to Potts for £500K. He was sold today at Cheltenham to Tizzard acting for Potts for £480K

Comment

Horse Racing Thread

I see that Eddie O'Leary has thrown his toys out of his pram over the Grand National weights. While I'd normally agree that Phil Smith is a **** of a man, I'm not sure he's that far off the mark this time.
                    There is a serious lamp post pissing contest on the horizon between British and Irish racing, imho. This is the opening skirmish but Isa alluded to UK marks for Irish horses over the horse that Fehily rode at Cheltenham the last day. English trainers seem to be packing in all over the place and, rather than blame the actual cause which is too many horses, too much poor quality racing etc, the BHA are going to look to scapegoat Irish racing. Completely wrong headed, but Smith is doing his masters bidding by over handicapping Irish horses in the hope that their owners will move them to be trained in the UK.

Last edited by the plastic paddy; 16th-February-2017, 14:00.

Comment

Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
                      There is a serious lamp post pissing contest on the horizon between British and Irish racing, imho. This is the opening skirmish but Isa alluded to UK marks for Irish horses over the horse that Fehily rode at Cheltenham the last day. English trainers seem to be packing in all over the place and, rather than blame the actual cause which is too many horses, too much poor quality racing etc, the BHA are going to look to scapegoat Irish racing. Completely wrong headed, but Smith is doing his masters bidding by over handicapping Irish horses in the hope that their owners will move them to be trained in the UK.

Smith seems to have some ego judging by his regular appearances on TV. How he saw fit to drop The crafty Butcher 2 pounds from his Irish mark is anyones guess. Wouldnt be surprised if he did it purposely so he didnt get into the race.

Comment

Smith seems to have some ego judging by his regular appearances on TV. How he saw fit to drop The crafty Butcher 2 pounds from his Irish mark is anyones guess. Wouldnt be surprised if he did it purposely so he didnt get into the race.
                        There is definitely something going on behind the scenes. No great surprise, I suppose, that it is the O'Learys who have stuck their head above the parapet. It could get very nasty though, because O'Leary is not shy and it would only take a few high profile comments about not risking his horses at a course as dangerous as Aintree for the BHA to sh't themselves. The BHA won't face up to the fundamental problems in British racing which is that there are too many courses, too much racing and not enough horses to go around but they will reason that Potts bringing a few horses to the UK from Ireland will make everyone feel better.

Comment

He was on ATR again today. He tried to justify the crazy hurdles mark he gave to Rashaan by pointing out a race that Rashaan won last Friday on the flat at Dundalk, as if handicapping horses on what they might do as opposed to what they've done is how it's supposed to be done. **** of a man.

Comment

He was on ATR again today. He tried to justify the crazy hurdles mark he gave to Rashaan by pointing out a race that Rashaan won last Friday on the flat at Dundalk, as if handicapping horses on what they might do as opposed to what they've done is how it's supposed to be done. **** of a man.
                            He isn't acting in isolation.

Comment

And now Mick has waded in and I can't disagree with a word he has to say. Not good with this being the first year of the National being on ITV. Looks like the Crafty Butcher might sneak in though because I doubt if the Gigginstown horses will be running.

Comment

Will be interesting to see how Cue Card goes today at Ascot. Can he possibly win well enough to suggest he is still a live chance for the gold cup.

At Wincanton it will be interesting to see if Yanworth can win easily.

Comment

Working...
                                X