No announcement yet.

Horse Racing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I really should be shot after that effort.

Comment

Originally posted by Benny View Post
      Well I really should be shot after that effort.
      You should try my luck at the moment, hoping the worm will turn before Cheltenham!!!

Comment

Interesting article from Brian O'Connor in the Irish Times

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet View Post
          Interesting article from Brian O'Connor in the Irish Times
          It's well known - see two pages ago.

PP getting a lot of stick for the one armed bandits as well.

e.g.

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2...mission-report
          Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Credit where it is due, the U.K. Government are taking on the bookies over the levy. Hopefully it will increase the money in the sport which is a massive rural employer.

Comment

Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
              It has reached that time of year when the Cheltenham preview notes start coming thick and fast. If anyone wants me to forward them on drop me a PM with your email address.
              Bump, I have got through quite a few sets of preview notes, if anyone wants me to forward them on send me a PM.

Comment

Final bump for festival preview notes.

Comment

Bump, I have got through quite a few sets of preview notes, if anyone wants me to forward them on send me a PM.
                  Just give us a list of the winners in advance of each day's racing.
                  Last edited by glorob; 12-March-2016, 22:32.

Comment

Originally posted by glorob View Post
                    Just give us a list of the winners in advance of each day's racing.
                    You'll need to talk to Benny for that.

Comment

Horse Racing Thread

So here are my offerings for the first day:

1.30 Min
                      2.50 Carole's Destrier (ew)
                      3.30 My Tent or yours (ew)
                      4.10 Bitofapuzzle(ew)
                      4.50 Southfield Royale

Douvan will win the Arkle, barring a fall which I wouldn't want to see and the last is a lottery, IMHO.

My lucky 15 for the week is Min, Josie's Order, Don Poli and On The Fringe.

EDIT and Scenic Star in the 8.10 at Wolverhampton!?!?

Comment

So here are my offerings for the first day:

1.30 Min
                        2.50 Carole's Destrier (ew)
                        3.30 My Tent or yours (ew)
                        4.10 Bitofapuzzle(ew)
                        4.50 Southfield Royale

Douvan will win the Arkle, barring a fall which I wouldn't want to see and the last is a lottery, IMHO.

My lucky 15 for the week is Min, Josie's Order, Don Poli and On The Fringe.

EDIT and Scenic Star in the 8.10 at Wolverhampton!?!?
                        have laid Min. Backed Sizing John at big prices and backed him without Douvan. Have laid Annie Power. Vroom Vroom mag is a penalty kick against these donkeys. Think Pont Alexandre has a great chance in 4.50.

scenic star should win if reproducing its Dundalk run. Cromwell has them on the same feed as his employer Elliott!!!!
                        Last edited by Isa; 14-March-2016, 19:29.

Comment

Out of interest, Isa, why have you laid Min? Do you think the form doesn't stack up, the horse won't handle proceedings or do you think the horse has had a set back and isn't 100%? I had my doubts, but the defection of Yorkhill to take on Yanworth, who looks a very good thing, IMHO, suggests to me the Mullins camp are confident they have Min right.

Annie Power is much too short but I still think she has a good chance in an open, if poor renewal.

VVM will be a bigger price if one of the other hotpots doesn't go in so I will wait and see.

Comment

Out of interest, Isa, why have you laid Min? Do you think the form doesn't stack up, the horse won't handle proceedings or do you think the horse has had a set back and isn't 100%? I had my doubts, but the defection of Yorkhill to take on Yanworth, who looks a very good thing, IMHO, suggests to me the Mullins camp are confident they have Min right.

Annie Power is much too short but I still think she has a good chance in an open, if poor renewal.

VVM will be a bigger price if one of the other hotpots doesn't go in so I will wait and see.
                            i laid it because I think he is a tear away. I did it also cause I thought Yorkhill would run here. He also had a fall schooling a few weeks ago which wasn't reported.
                            If the ownership a were the other way round I would have no doubt Yorkhill would be running in the supreme. He will beat Yanworth anyways!!

This is an afterthought for AP. She has had what I would call an poor preparation and they usually use the mares race as a prep for Pubchestown. Couldn't have her at all.
                            i believe VVM is the one big cert of the meeting and think she is fantastic value and evens is not type of price.

Comment

Originally posted by Isa View Post
                              i laid it because I think he is a tear away. I did it also cause I thought Yorkhill would run here. He also had a fall schooling a few weeks ago which wasn't reported.
                              If the ownership a were the other way round I would have no doubt Yorkhill would be running in the supreme. He will beat Yanworth anyways!!

This is an afterthought for AP. She has had what I would call an poor preparation and they usually use the mares race as a prep for Pubchestown. Couldn't have her at all.
                              i believe VVM is the one big cert of the meeting and think she is fantastic value and evens is not type of price.
                              You are clearly clueless about rugby but you seem to know your horses, will be keeping an eye on proceedings
                              My computer thinks I'm gay
                              What's the difference anyway
                              When all the people do all day
                              Is stare into a phone

Comment

Originally posted by Isa View Post

I am not sure I can go along with the ownership line. Graham Wylie is a very tricky customer who I cannot see being happy playing second fiddle to Ricci. We will know quite quickly how Min handles proceedings, but I can remember the same reservations being expressed about plenty of hotpots over the years. Best of luck this week anyway, I prefer corresponding with you about racing than rugby!?!?

Comment

Working...
                                X