No announcement yet.

Horse Racing Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ruby didn't move a muscle on Vautour until 2 out. He had surprisingly little when Ruby pressed go though. Don't think he was helped by an awkward land at the last.

Still, Cue Card was outstanding.

Limerick rained off, no Welsh national either. Shame.

Depending on the weather and how I am feeling tomorrow, I might take a spin out to Kempton.

PP you must be happy about Nicholls fall from grace :-)
    Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Originally posted by fitzy73 View Post
      Ruby didn't move a muscle on Vautour until 2 out. He had surprisingly little when Ruby pressed go though. Don't think he was helped by an awkward land at the last.

Still, Cue Card was outstanding.

Limerick rained off, no Welsh national either. Shame.

Depending on the weather and how I am feeling tomorrow, I might take a spin out to Kempton.

PP you must be happy about Nicholls fall from grace :-)
      Never much joy in a family falling apart. That said, I would be quite pleased to witness Nicholls encounter the people he treated so badly on his way up, bump into him on his way back down. Happy Christmas to you Fitzy!!!!

Comment

Interests today.

Kempton
        12:50 - Ashoka
        1:25 - Ar Mad
        2:00 - Sprinter Sacre
        2:35 - Ballyheigue Bay
        3:10 - Minnie Milan

Leopardstown
        1:15 - Impossible to look beyond Un De Sceux. Maybe Sizing Granite for the forecast.
        1:45 - Woodland Opera
        2:20 - Wes Hardin
        2:55 - Heathfield

Comment

Brilliant race at Kempton with Sprinter Sacre just managing to beat Sire De Grugy. I thought Sire De Grugy was going to win but his jump at the last cost him the chance. Fantastic to see these two great champion chasers giving us a great race.

Comment

Un De Sceaux fell when he seemed to be travelling so easily at Leopardstown. Great to see Flemenstar take advantage and finally win another Grade 1 Chase.

While at Kempton Ar Mad uses his brilliant jumping to pull off the victory over favourite Vaniteux

Comment

Today's interests.

Limerick
              2:15 - Theophilus

Leopardstown
              3:05 - Hard to oppose Don Poli in this Lexus Chase. However interesting to see how Sir Des Champs goes. Carlingford Lough has been one of my little favourites the last couple of years so I'll probably place just a very small wager on him just in case. I'd hate if he pulled it off and I didn't chance him.

Comment

Well Don Poli won the Lexus but only by 1/2l from First Lieutenant. The ground was so heavy you couldn't use the race in terms of a formline. Carlingford Lough never got into it and clearly wasn't able for the ground. Similar comment may apply to Sir Des Champs.

Comment

Does anyone think Don Poli will go bigger? Not sure whether to back him now or hold off until Cooper commits, hoping that he goes with Don Cossack and, hopefully Davy Russell gets on Don Poli. Not convinced by Bryan Cooper and Don Cossack's fall yesterday did little to alleviate my doubts.

Comment

Hoping to get to Cork - well, Mallow - on Saturday. Looking at the weather, that might be difficult. Fingers crossed!
                    Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Ball D'Arc got off the mark over hurdles. Not sure where he will end up distance wise but he finds plenty off the bridle which is always a good sign.

Comment

Originally posted by fitzy73 View Post
                        Hoping to get to Cork - well, Mallow - on Saturday. Looking at the weather, that might be difficult. Fingers crossed!
                        It's been called off already.

Comment

AP McCoy has been knighted in the New Years Honours list. Fantastic recognition of a unique talent in sport.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/35197700
                          "I've told my close friends and family to call me Sir Anthony. Everyone else can call me AP, Tony or whatever they like"
                          "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
                          Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

The Welsh National will be run today at Chepstow at 1:45. My interests for today...

Kempton
                            2:00 - Just the 3 runners here but a very interesting race. Ptit Zig will be odds on favourite but I'll be taking him on with my old friend Wishfull Thinking.
                            2:35 - Taking a chance on Un Ace
                            3:10 - Shangani
                            3:45 - Hollywood All Star

Chepstow
                            1:45 - Cogry
                            2:20 - Jaboltiski
                            2:55 - Subtle Grey
                            3:25 - Saint Raph

Comment

Eight weeks today and we will be slap bang in the middle of Cheltenham. I cannot remember any one trainer ever being as dominant in the ante post market as Willie Mullins. It is easier to list the races for which he doesn't train the short priced favourite. I think there is only one grade one race for which there is an English trained favourite at this stage which is completely unprecedented.

Comment

Really looking forward to the Grade 1 Clarence House Chase at Ascot today @ 3 o'clock. Un De Sceaux turning up after his fall at Leopardstown and Sire De Grugy here too after his close second to Sprinter Sacre. Vibrato Valtat who finished about 4l behind Sire De Grugy in that race also in here today.

I am sticking with Sire De Grugy but if Un De Sceaux gets round he will be a real danger.

Comment

Working...
                                X