No announcement yet.

Horse Racing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think he would have. Special Tiara certainly lost more momentum because of it but I think SDG would have found a little bit more if Special Tiara had got upside. That said I can understand how connections would have felt hard done by. I was glad for the Moore family also even though I backed Special Tiara. They are a credit to the sport and to be honest I was delighted to see Sire De Grugy come back after the disappointments of last season. He is a very good horse and I always thought he was underrated by many just because he wasn't Sprinter Sacre.

Comment

A few decent races at Cheltenham tomorrow.

12:00 - Onenightinvienna

1:45 - Vieux Lion Rouge

2:20 - Sire Collonges

2:55 - Zeroeshadesofgrey

Comment

Some great racing over the weekend as well with Cheltenham having a good card on Saturday and some decent stuff in Ireland on Sunday.

Also we have the International Races in Hong Kong on Sunday morning. I note that Dermot Weld has sent over Free Eagle and Pat Smullen to contest the big race, Hong Kong Cup, first prize just under £1.2m. Would love to see him them bag that one and I think they have a real chance. Smullen is probably the most underrated jockey in the world. I'd take him over most other jockeys these last few years.

Smullen also in action on the first race, Hong Kong Vase, on Cannock Chase for Michael Stoute(Mr Stoute knows his jockeys alright) and he will face down another excellent jockey in Ryan Moore onboard Highland Reel for Aiden O'Brien. Mind you both have a job on their hands with last year's winner Flintshire who finished second in this year's Arc so is clearly still highly capable.

Sole Power goes in the Sprint but it is a huge ask for him. Last year's second Gold-fun will be a warm favourite here but I wouldn't be ruling out a strong challenge from Peniaphobia or indeed from Not Listenin' tome.

In the Mile Able Friend will seem almost unbeatable to some but Maurice cannot be ignored given his good form in Japan. However I wouldn't be ignoring Esoterique despite a no show in the Breeders Cup Mile. She is better than that as she showed when winning Group 1's in England and France this year and finishing just 1l second to probably the best miler in the world, Solow, at Royal Ascot.

Anyway it should be great racing.

Comment

Another great ride from Nina Carberry on Josie's orders to win the cross country race today. I did enjoy Enda's comment that the horse must have been a good thing the last day!!!

Comment

Today's interests.

Cheltenham

1:15 - Cold March
            1:50 - Doctor Phoenix
            2:25 - Net Work Rouge
            3:00 - Peace and Co should win but odds on. One at longer price I'd look at is Hargam.
            3:35 - Boxbourne

Comment

A fuppin' bitterly cold day spent in Doncaster as myself and a few mates try to complete our mission of getting to every racetrack in the UK and Ireland.

Wayne Hutchinson had a lovely 4 timer. His last saved my blushes for the day.
              Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Originally posted by fitzy73 View Post
                A fuppin' bitterly cold day spent in Doncaster as myself and a few mates try to complete our mission of getting to every racetrack in the UK and Ireland.

Wayne Hutchinson had a lovely 4 timer. His last saved my blushes for the day.
                Enjoy the night in Donney Fitzy, interesting place!?!?

Comment

A real shame that Coneygree is out of the King George. I would have thought the season is odds on to be gone now and the best we can hope for is they get him back for next season. Still plenty of depth in the division but a Gold Cup is always weaker for the reigning champ being absent. Doubtless the knockers will use it as a stick with which to beat Don Poli's performance when the horse wins this season's renewal of the blue riband!!!!!

Comment

Yeah that is a real pity TPP. The King George will still be a hell of a race. Feck but there's some amount of class horses about right now.

Comment

Thank god that Christmas thing is over. Back to the racing and sport.

Smad Place in the King George.
                      Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Kempton.

2:00 - Taking a chance on Southfield Royale

2:35 - Hard to see past Faugheen. Old Guard maybe of interest because he is unexposed.

3:10 - Going with Don Cossack

Leopardstown

2:20 - I'm All You Need

2:55 - Douvan will be hugely fancied but I'd take a wee chance on Ttebbob.

Comment

Faugheen awesome in winning the Christmas hurdle.

Comment

King George was a great race. Vautour did everything he could bit could not quite hold off Cue Card who just got his nose down on the line. Don Cossack was looking like he was just about to challenge when he fell at the 2nd last. Cue Card having his best season ever.

Comment

Horse Racing Thread

Post deleted
                              Last edited by the plastic paddy; 26th-December-2015, 15:45.

Comment

Vautour kept jumping left handed and had the choke out much of the way, IMHO. Delighted for team Cue Card.

One small question, when was the last time Paul Nicholls failed to have a winner on Boxing Day/ Saint Stephens?

He has been kicked out of the house by the poor long suffering Georgie who has finally had enough of his extra marital activities. Very sad for the children, but I cannot see Paul Barber putting up with all this nonsense and the horses running like a drain. My heart is not exactly bleeding for Nicholls.

Comment

Working...
                                X