No announcement yet.

Horse Racing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks TPP. Selections not great today although Top Notch ran well but had no answer to Identity Thief who looks much better than he did last year.

Thistlecrack pretty impressive in the long distance hurdle.

Comment

Yes. Great win for Wakanda there.

Comment

What a fantastic round of jumping from Smad Place as he wins the Hennessy with ease.

Comment

Reminded me of another great white grey although he wasn't so good going left handed. Nice little pick up on First Lieutenant ew and the Crawford horse at Newcastle so a good day. Looking forward to next week and the Tingle Creek, my favourite race of the season.

Comment

Welcome back Benny!

Comment

Interests for today -

Fairyhouse
              2:10 - Lisclogher Lad
              2:40 - Free Expression
              3:10 - Clar Na Mionn

Comment

Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
                Looking forward to next week and the Tingle Creek, my favourite race of the season.
                Sprinter Sacre not going to run at Sandown which is a pity but can understand why they don't want to go for it as they have one objective only with him and that is to win the Champion Chase again.

Leaves the way open for Un De Sceaux you'd think but Sandown can punish any loss of attention and I think his rivals will be banking on him making a mistake or two.

Comment

Un de Seaux ruled out of the Tingle Creek now. Nina Carberry has been booked to ride Somersby which could be absolutely inspired from Mick and Hen.

Comment

That is unfortunate about Un De Sceaux but it is a very interesting race.

I note that you are still on friendly terms with Old Somersby TPP. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Benny View Post
                      That is unfortunate about Un De Sceaux but it is a very interesting race.

I note that you are still on friendly terms with Old Somersby TPP. :)
                      I would love to see the horse win tomorrow. It was inevitable, I suppose, that as soon as McCoy made his suggestion that female jockeys should get some sort of allowance, Nina would come out and fire in a double at Cheltenham including one of the best rides you will see in the cross country race. I do agree with McCoy, however, it is just that Nina is the exception that proves the rule. She is as good over a fence as any of the men riding, including Ruby, Noel and Barry and I suspect she wouldn't lose many in a finish because horses run for her. Old Somersby is a bit of a character but I suspect he might just enjoy having Nina's quiet assistance.

Comment

Today's interests.

Sandown
                        1:55 - Sizing Codelco
                        2:25 - Vicenzo Mio
                        3:00 - Special Tiara
                        3:35 - Bertie Boru

Aintree
                        1:40 - Thunder and Roses
                        2:15 - Don Poli will be favourite but I wouldn't be ruling out Many Clouds. Menorah of course is also in this and will be a huge price. I suspect I'll have a wee bet on Menorah for old times sake.
                        3:20 - Seventh Sky although I wouuldn't rule out a good run for Benny's Mist

Chepstow
                        2:30 - Top Wood

Comment

Don Poli very impressive considering the saddle slipped and he is an idle toe rag. Still think he will win the Gold cup.

Comment

Horse Racing Thread

The Willie Mullins bandwagon keeps on rolling. Pont Alexandre, Yorkhill and Djackadam all won well at Punchestown. I wouldn't want to be Paul Nicholls cat after Al Ferof won The Peterborough chase at Huntingdon for his new trainer Dan Skelton!?!?
                            Last edited by the plastic paddy; 6th-December-2015, 20:51.

Comment

Sire De Grugy did well to win his second Tingle Creek. I thought Special Tiara was going to get him but he couldn't quite manage it.

Ar Mad was very impressive in the Henry VIII

Don Poli won his race pretty handily.

Feck sake Benny's Mist won the Grand Sefton with Seventh Sky second. Should have done the forecast which paid £117.

Djakadam very impressive in the John Durkan today.

Comment

Horse Racing Thread

Do you think Special Tiara would have beaten SDG if the winner hadn't jumped right across him at the last, Benny? SDG looked very sore after the race, I thought, and it wasn't where he cut himself behind. EDIT For all that, what a cracking fella Gary Moore is and his kids are a credit to him. Loved the interviews with Jamie, Gary but also Noel Fehily who felt hard done by but couldn't begrudge Jamie Moore. Cracking sport!!
                                Last edited by the plastic paddy; 6th-December-2015, 21:52.

Comment

Working...
                                X