No announcement yet.

Horse Racing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn it. It looks like it is going to be one of those days. Feck sake I at least want a run for my money.

At least in the next race I have the best jockey in Europe on my horse. No good if the horse isn't good enough of course.[img]smileys/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Sorry Benny, no joy there either.
      Wally_fan 25/04/09
      \"bump bump bump, trying to keep the thread up there. holy mary im drunk. and in love with trish. although you all dont care about that. doesnt matter, i still love her\"

Comment

Originally posted by Benny
        Originally posted by garryowen2323

Hugely impressed by Al Maktoum's 2 year old running today when I saw him first time out. Like most 2 year old races, the form of the race is unknown but he tried everything he could to lose the race and sluiced through to win.

The only thing is Richard Hills is the jockey. Waste of space in my opinion. It is a pain if I fancy a horse he is on because I simply will not back him anymore.

Of course he will probably win now and if he does good luck to you but I'm hoping Murtagh can nab this with Meow.

GET IN THERE! Your right about Hills though I can't stand him. And yet again he won in spite of his jockey. Still open the improvement too. Serious horse.

Comment

GET IN THERE! Your right about Hills though I can't stand him. And yet again he won in spite of his jockey. Still open the improvement too. Serious horse.
          Well done. She looks a serious filly alright.

Glad somebody is having a good day. Brutal stuff for me today. All down to Richard Hughes in the last now but I am not confident of getting out of trouble today.

Comment

Well done. She looks a serious filly alright.

Glad somebody is having a good day. Brutal stuff for me today. All down to Richard Hughes in the last now but I am not confident of getting out of trouble today.

Not your day alright. Sure if we had good days everyday there'd be no need to have a day job aswell! Tomorrow's another day (or Fairyhouse later on!)

Comment

Terrible day yesterday but I'm ready to go again today.

2:30 Zebedee 9/2

3:05 Middle Club 6/1

3:50 Kite Wood 7/1

4:25 Hypnotized 8/1

5:00 Quadrille 11/2

5:35 Agent Archie 16/1

All prices Guaranteed.</span>

Comment

Some feat by Aiden O"Brien today at the Curragh in the Dubai Irish Derby with the first three Cape Blanco, Midas Touch and Vermeer.Ballydoyle and Coolmore back on track as Gallileo was the Daddy here.
                Munster to Win the HCUP in 2012!

Comment

Yes indeed. A good day for them. Murtagh with his 4th Irish Derby and he also has 3 English Derbies. What a legend but damn him today as I backed Midas Touch. I thought he had it but fair play to Murtagh as he got the best out of Cape Blanco.

Comment

Surprised nobody has brought up the Galway festival at all.
                    Normally afew interested in the racing. Anyone with
                    connections hear anything for tomorrow?

Comment

I have heard that Lethal Weapon is fancied for the Galway Hurdle but I'm sure he's not the only horse in the race that is fancied.

Also Echo Bob in the race at 2:25.

I don't have connections though.

Comment

I got a tip for Elyaadi going in the 4:05 at Listowel. About 4/1. Looks to have a bit of a chance with Niall "Slippers" Madden on board.

My own selection for today is in the big Group 1 race at Longchamp. Prix Vermeille at 2:40. I think Sarafina(5/2 joint favourite) will win as she is an improving 3 year old filly and won the Prix de Diane(French Oaks) last time out with relative ease. Midday is joint favourite with her but I don't think she'll enjoy the easy going while Sariska certainly will enjoy it but she was too moody to race last time and that is always a bad sign.That said if Sariska does decide to race she is a class act as a double Oaks winner.

Comment

Árse. Midday wasn't inconvenienced by the ground at all which must not have been as soft as reported. She wins easily as Sariska again decides not to bother coming out of the stalls.

Comment

I got a tip for Elyaadi going in the 4:05 at Listowel. About 4/1. Looks to have a bit of a chance with Niall "Slippers" Madden on board.

Well they backed the bóllocks off this lad 4/1 when I posted, went off 15/8 and won so easily.

Comment

Fair play Benny, tried to get on it myself, but my stupid french account had no cards from outside today [img]smileys/sad.gif[/img]. keep the tips coming home though home for a week and im sure a visit to the bookies wouldnt be out of the question
                              Always

Comment

My own selection for today is in the big Group 1 race at Longchamp. Prix Vermeille at 2:40. I think Sarafina(5/2 joint favourite) will win as she is an improving 3 year old filly and won the Prix de Diane(French Oaks) last time out with relative ease. Midday is joint favourite with her but I don't think she'll enjoy the easy going while Sariska certainly will enjoy it but she was too moody to race last time and that is always a bad sign.That said if Sariska does decide to race she is a class act as a double Oaks winner.
                                Tip down our way was for this one and The Shepherd King later on at Listowel. Got on at 4-1 and 7-2, went off at 15-8 and 2-1 iirc. Happy days. Tip for Wednesday I think at Listowel, Clancy Strand.

Comment

Working...
                                X