No announcement yet.

Horse Racing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah well Rocket Man was way too good for them. Destroyed the field.

Curragh group races

14:40: Parkers Mill @ 5/1

15:10: So you think impossible to oppose but at 1/5 I'll just be watching.

16:15(1000 Guineas): History Note @ 9/1

Comment

Well not much of a day in terms of the wagering but a good day of racing anyway.

At least I managed to get the forecast in the Goldikova race which paid over 12/1.

Comment

Ok - The Derby : Carlton House 5/4 fav

Sire: out and out Miler !

Dam: Im2F horse , ran once at 1m4f (at Epsom , Coronation Cup , was 9th of 11)

The Dante , which is a 1m2f race was run in a slow time!

Carlton House ; Possibility an excellent 1M2F horse

The Derby : Run over 1m4f , and one of the stiffest 1m4F in racing , where they go uphill for the first half a mile !

Carlton House 5/4 fav ... no thanks .... a fairer price would be 6/1.
        James Lovelock - "Enjoy life while you can. Because if you're lucky it's going to be 20 years before it hits the fan."

Comment

I fancy Vadamar EW in the Derby, I think his stable has boxed very clever with him, initially saying they werent going to run him and then considering allowing his price to drift to 50/1 at one stage. He certainly has the stamina if he can be contained.
          Unfortunately I only got 16/1 for him yesterday.

Another interesting one is Beatrice Aurore a strong stayer and should have it what it takes to win the Oaks @14/1.

Both horses good EW value.
          We'll engrave your name in gold, as we did in days of old.
          Roll along lovely Axel, roll along.

Comment

The Irish Times - Wednesday, June 1, 2011 http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/.../0601/12242982 05001.html

Carlton House team confident he'll make Epsom line-up

BRIAN O'CONNOR

RACING NEWS ROUND-UP: DESPITE AN injury setback the Carlton House team are confident their Epsom Derby favourite will make Saturday’s big race but the news inevitably resulted in the horse drifting in ante-post betting.

Carlton House had to have X-rays yesterday on filling in a near-fore joint but hopes appear to be rising it is just a strain rather than anything more serious.

There is intense focus on the Queen’s runner and her spokesman, John Warren, said yesterday: “At evening stables on Monday night Michael (Stoute) noted that the colt’s front joints were not a pair and this morning he decided to take a precautionary X-ray of his near-fore joint which was the one that was marginally filled. It revealed no abnormalities which was a huge relief.

“He decided to give the horse just a trotting exercise this morning and he was sound and he’s having an easy day. It will be a watching brief from now on. A small potential strain is the probability of what it was, just tweaked it a little, and hopefully he’ll resume regular exercise for the rest of the week which will only involve cantering rather than anything faster.

“I would say at this point, from what I understand the injury to be, he has a pretty good chance of being there. The next few days will obviously reveal a little more but the trainer is optimistic and hopeful that the horse is still on target.”

Johnny Murtagh will bid for a fourth Derby victory on Native Khan and the Craven winner pleased trainer Ed Dunlop in a final piece of work yesterday.

“Getting Johnny is a real coup. He has already won the race on Sinndar, High Chaparral and Motivator, and he is a world-class jockey with a fantastic record around Epsom,” Dunlop said. “He finished third on Ouija Board in the 2004 Arc so we know him well, and I am sure he will do a great job for us.”

Murtagh is in action at Tipperary this evening where he can score on two of his four booked rides. Zabarajad, just over nine lengths off Roderic O’Connor in the Irish Guineas, and beaten just a head by Imperial Rome in the Tetrarch Stakes, is impossible to oppose in the maiden (7f).

Murtagh also teams up with John Oxx for Missy O’Gwaun in the maiden (1m 4f) and the filly’s run behind Regent Street last season at Dundalk reads pretty well in this company.

Bondage was an impressive four-length winner over Lucky Spring at Ballinrobe on Monday night and a 5lb penalty shouldn’t prevent Gordon Elliott’s runner following up in the mile-and-a-half handicap. Geraldines Lass scored well at Navan on Saturday and can make the most of just a 5lb penalty in the sprint handicap.

Comment

Thinking about Falasteen in the Epsom Dash currently 8/1 might double up with Dandino in the Coronation cup for the Larf .
              EW of course.

Comment

Unless Carlton House has done very well since York, and it is amazing how 3 year olds can develop at an unbelievable rate, I would worry about a horse with such a big back end, not much in front and a tendency to carry his head low being able to gallop downhill without rolling onto the forehand and becoming unbalanced. Ryan Moore is a lovely horseman with beautiful hands but it will test his skills to the utmost. Also, I wonder where the pace is going to come from given all the Coolmore horses would love the race to turn into a sprint. Think Carlton House will stay, indeed would like him for theIrish derby. But he has gone lame on the near fore, not good if you are going left handed! Think he is a lay as the price will be half the value due to connections. Recital looks like a prize 1 s**t but as long as Fallon is able to ride him( go to RP to see what I mean) I think he could win it.

Comment

Small question of 10 grand retainer for Native Khan may rule Fallon out.

Comment

Originally posted by Mack the Knife
                    High Court ruled( rightly IMHO) in Fallon's favour so all systems go for him to ride Recital. Jesus,Fallon could find trouble in a monastery.

Comment

Still fancy Vadamar, he sneaked in there under the radar.

Comment

Originally posted by the plastic paddy
                        Originally posted by Mack the Knife
                        High Court ruled( rightly IMHO) in Fallon's favour so all systems go for him to ride Recital. Jesus,Fallon could find trouble in a monastery.
                        And the turkish fella is appealing.

Comment

Zain Al Boldain for the Oaks 10/1

Comment

I fancy a swap around on the winners this weekend, with french winning at Epsom and irish winning in Chantilly this weekend. Pour moi and Vadamar at Epsom. Roderic o connor in Chantilly although price isn't great.So will probably go for Casamen and like the idea of Sandagiyr and at 16s is pretty good. Willhave a look at Bernières-1420 and Peinture Abstraite-1520. The last bit of water in Oise has been put on the course to keep it in shape
                            Always

Comment

Fallon is out of the race.

Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

I think Fallon made a balls of it anyway as I'd fancy Native Khan to finish ahead of Recital. It looks to me that Recital won't handle the track.

The Dante was run at a ridiculously slow pace and Seville wasn't suited by that. His breeding is all about stamina and assuming the pace is decent today I'd fancy him to turn the tables on Carlton House.

The two French horses would prefer some ease in the ground in my opinion.

I'm going for Seville and I think Native Khan is the danger despite the stamina concerns. Wouldn't surprise me to see Memphis Tennessee finish next best of Aidan O'Brien's lot.

Other Epsom interests.....

2:40: St Moritz
                                3:15: Masamah

Comment

Working...
                                X