Horse Racing Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Horse Racing Thread

2000 Guineas about to get underway in Newmarket.

St Nicholas Abbey was a classy 2yr old last year and could be
    something special if he goes on to win here.

Here he is winning the Racing Post Trophy last year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjTgpAOK_Vs

Unlucky

Comment

Dick Turpin helped me pay for my flights to Paris anyway! [img]smileys/biggrin.gif[/img]
      Biffo ate my future.

Comment

irishtimes.com - Last Updated: Thursday, May 13, 2010, 18:50
        <H1>O'Brien referred to British Horseracing Authority</H1>
        <DIV style="CLEAR: left"></DIV>

<S&#079;NG>Racing:</S&#079;NG>Aidan O’Brien was referred to the British Horseracing Authority (BHA) after reportedly refusing to allow officials to examine Cape Blanco following his win in the totesport Dante Stakes at York this afternoon.

The Ballydoyle trainer watched from Co Tipperary as Cape Blanco galloped to second-favouritism for the Investec Derby, after which rumours circulated about his well-being.

Television pictures appeared to show the colt being lame and stiff, but representatives from Ballydoyle and Coolmore insisted the horse was fine.

In an attempt to settle the matter, stipendiary steward, Robert Earnshaw, and BHA vet, Lynn Hillyer, both spoke to O’Brien by phone but he was said to have refused for the winner to be examined and declined an invitation for his travelling head lad, Pat Keating, to meet with the stewards.

Earnshaw said: “Our vet is down at the stables but Mr O’Brien has refused to have the horses trotted up in front of the vet. The lad has loaded the horse up and is heading for the airport.

“Mr O’Brien also refused a request for the stable lad to be interviewed by the stewards so the matter has been referred to the British Horseracing Authority under Rule B 83, which states that persons must comply with any instruction given by stewards at a race meeting.”

Comment

I expect Music Show to be much better today than in the English 1000 Guineas. She will be far better suited by today's fast going.

Some of the other leading fancies have questions about the ground(Lolly for Dolly,Gile na greine) or whether they have trained on from 2 to 3(Lillie Langtry, Termagant)

The one I'd fear the most is Anna Salai who was very impressive when convincingly beating Rosanara, since 4th in French Guineas, on her first try on good ground at Longchamp 4 weeks ago.

Comment

Royal Ascot starting today and what a feast of racing it is with 3 Group 1 races and a Group2 to kick off proceedings with a decent handicap and a listed race thrown in for good measure.

2:30 (G1) Goldikova
            3:05 (G1) Total Gallery
            3:50 (G1) Makfi
            4:25 (G2) Strong Suit
            5:00 (H) Callisto Moon EW
            5:35 (L) Metropolitan Man

Comment

Originally posted by Benny
              Royal Ascot starting today and what a feast of racing it is with 3 Group 1 races and a Group2 to kick off proceedings with a decent handicap and a listed race thrown in for good measure.

2:30 (G1) Goldikova
              3:05 (G1) Total Gallery
              3:50 (G1) Makfi
              4:25 (G2) Strong Suit
              5:00 (H) Callisto Moon EW
              5:35 (L) Metropolitan Man

My predictions as sent around earlier!
              2.30 – Goldikova if she doesn’t get too buzzed up but more a cracking race to watch and enjoy!<xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com[img]smileys/surprised.gif[/img]ffice[img]smileys/surprised.gif[/img]ffice" /><o[img]smileys/razz.gif[/img]></o[img]smileys/razz.gif[/img]>
              3.05 – No bet but I doubt the English will win it<o[img]smileys/razz.gif[/img]></o[img]smileys/razz.gif[/img]>
              3.50 – Siyouni looks a decent horse and could be value. After the Arc weekend last year I couldn’t rule out an Aga Khan French horse and has nice form<o[img]smileys/razz.gif[/img]></o[img]smileys/razz.gif[/img]>
              4.25 – Elzaam impressed me first time out. Fav is too short and no value there<o[img]smileys/razz.gif[/img]></o[img]smileys/razz.gif[/img]>
              5.00 – Glorified extended bumper. No bet<o[img]smileys/razz.gif[/img]></o[img]smileys/razz.gif[/img]>
              5.35 – Metropolitian Man. Looked unreal on debut in America and runner up won by 12lengths next time out. 15/8 still looks cracking for me. Ireland simply don’t do sprinters and seeing Weld’s second favourite makes me more confident<o[img]smileys/razz.gif[/img]></o[img]smileys/razz.gif[/img]>
              <o[img]smileys/razz.gif[/img]></o[img]smileys/razz.gif[/img]>
              8.15 Newton Abbott – Clifden Boy won by about 20lengths the last day at Worcester and if you can still find some 5/6 or 4/5 then get on!!<o[img]smileys/razz.gif[/img]></o[img]smileys/razz.gif[/img]>

Comment

Oh well that was a bit of a balls. I was hoping to get three winners as 50% is a great win percentage and I can't believe how poor Metropolitan Man was. I'll have to settle for just the 2 winners today but I still finished ahead as Goldikova was my main bet.[img]smileys/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Oh well that was a bit of a balls. I was hoping to get three winners as 50% is a great win percentage and I can't believe how poor Metropolitan Man was. I'll have to settle for just the 2 winners today but I still finished ahead as Goldikova was my main bet.[img]smileys/smile.gif[/img]

Backed the draw in the Portugal game and on Clifden Boy at 10/11 from this morning and Goldikova got up so not too bad a day. Still unreal sickened with Elzaam!!

Comment

Originally posted by garryowen2323

Backed the draw in the Portugal game and on Clifden Boy at 10/11 from this morning and Goldikova got up so not too bad a day. Still unreal sickened with Elzaam!!
                    Well done. I'm sure you thought you were home and hosed with Elzaam but Strong Suit is clearly an unbelievable talent to have gotten into the amount of trouble he did and still flew home to nab it on the line. Champion 2 year old unless something very special comes out of the woodwork in the next couple of months.

Comment

Well done. I'm sure you thought you were home and hosed with Elzaam but Strong Suit is clearly an unbelievable talent to have gotten into the amount of trouble he did and still flew home to nab it on the line. Champion 2 year old unless something very special comes out of the woodwork in the next couple of months.

Hugely impressed by Al Maktoum's 2 year old running today when I saw him first time out. Like most 2 year old races, the form of the race is unknown but he tried everything he could to lose the race and sluiced through to win. Any fancies today yourself Benny?

Comment

Hi there. Today I am going for

2:30 Shakesperean 4/1

3:05 Sahpresa 13/2

3:50 Shalanaya 9/1

4:25 Riggins 12/1

5:00 Meow 10/3

5:35 Pollenator 9/1

All prices guaranteed.</span>

Comment

Shakesperean nowhere in the first.
                          Wally_fan 25/04/09
                          \"bump bump bump, trying to keep the thread up there. holy mary im drunk. and in love with trish. although you all dont care about that. doesnt matter, i still love her\"

Comment

No. Very poor run from him. You wouldn't mind being beaten but not even having a chance is a pain in the ass.

Comment

Hugely impressed by Al Maktoum's 2 year old running today when I saw him first time out. Like most 2 year old races, the form of the race is unknown but he tried everything he could to lose the race and sluiced through to win.
                              The only thing is Richard Hills is the jockey. Waste of space in my opinion. It is a pain if I fancy a horse he is on because I simply will not back him anymore.

Of course he will probably win now and if he does good luck to you but I'm hoping Murtagh can nab this with Meow.

Comment

Working...
                              X