Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saw this posted on youtube by Yid_army_cork

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sv1I_X7_AaY&sns=fb

Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

I've had 294 messages and the writing is far too small for me to read them at this stage[img]smileys/lol.gif[/img].

"Fineen Wycherley was everywhere. When I watched this video back late on Saturday night I half expected to look up from my laptop to find him in my kitchen ' TRK Nov 3rd 2019 following Cardiff v Munster

Comment

Fair play to Darren Clarke. Brilliant. Managed to do a 'tired and emotional' interview on morning radio and all. Anyone know what position he played on school team with The 'en4cer' and Allan Clarke? Looks like good times ahead for Ulster rugby...
        Anyone know of any budding major winners in Munster?

Gwan Joe!!

Comment

He won't hit a putt straight for weeks after that piss up.

Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
          Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

<DIV style="BORDER-BOTTOM: medium n&#111;ne; TEXT-ALIGN: left; BORDER-LEFT: medium n&#111;ne; : ansparent; COLOR: #000000; OVERFLOW: ; BORDER-TOP: medium n&#111;ne; BORDER-RIGHT: medium n&#111;ne; TEXT-DECORATI&#079;N: n&#111;ne">
            <DIV id=lead_story>
            <H3>Clarke presents Open medal to home club</H3>
            Tuesday, July 19, 2011 - 01:09 PM

Golfer Darren Clarke today presented his winning Open championship medal to Royal Portrush Golf Club.

He gave it to club captain Philip Tweedie at a special homecoming ceremony on the North’s north coast today.

Almost 1,000 people crowded outside the clubhouse for Clarke’s arrival at his home course where he practised before triumphing at Royal St George’s, Sandwich, Kent on Sunday.

The medal will go on display in a cabinet which already holds the one won by Fred Daly, who took the Open at Royal Liverpool in 1947. He was also a member of Royal Portrush.

Read more: http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakin...t/clarke-prese nts-open-medal-to-home-club-513337.html#ixzz1SYMPfpE9 </DIV></DIV>
            Anybody who sees a psychiatrist would want their head examined. &nb sp;Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by cornerboy

<DIV style="BORDER-BOTTOM: medium n&#111;ne; TEXT-ALIGN: left; BORDER-LEFT: medium n&#111;ne; COLOR: #000000; BORDER-TOP: medium n&#111;ne; BORDER-RIGHT: medium n&#111;ne; TEXT-DECORATI&#079;N: n&#111;ne; ansparent: ">
              <DIV id=lead_story>

Golfer Darren Clarke today presented his winning Open championship medal to Royal Portrush Golf Club.

He gave it to club captain Philip Tweedie at a special homecoming ceremony on the North’s north coast today.

Almost 1,000 people crowded outside the clubhouse for Clarke’s arrival at his home course where he practised before triumphing at Royal St George’s, Sandwich, Kent on Sunday.

The medal will go on display in a cabinet which already holds the one won by Fred Daly, who took the Open at Royal Liverpool in 1947. He was also a member of Royal Portrush.

Read more: http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/sport/clarke-prese nts-open-medal-to-home-club-513337.html#ixzz1SYMPfpE9 </DIV></DIV>

nice touch
              "Hell, I'm not saying I'm an angel, but when it came to dirty tricks I couldn't hold a candle to the Irish Mafia" Jimmy Hoffa

Comment

Originally posted by NotreDameRFC

<div style="BORDER-BOTTOM: medium n&#111;ne; TEXT-ALIGN: left; BORDER-LEFT: medium n&#111;ne; COLOR: #000000; BORDER-TOP: medium n&#111;ne; BORDER-RIGHT: medium n&#111;ne; TEXT-DECORATI&#079;N: n&#111;ne; ansparent: ">
                <div id="lead_story">
                <h3>Clarke presents Open medal to home club</h3>

Read more: http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/sport/clarke-prese nts-open-medal-to-home-club-513337.html#ixzz1SYMPfpE9 </div></div>

nice touch
                Yep - he thought he was paying for car parking though. Hic [img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by NotreDameRFC

<DIV style="BORDER-BOTTOM: medium n&#111;ne; TEXT-ALIGN: left; BORDER-LEFT: medium n&#111;ne; COLOR: #000000; BORDER-TOP: medium n&#111;ne; BORDER-RIGHT: medium n&#111;ne; TEXT-DECORATI&#079;N: n&#111;ne; ansparent: ">
                  <DIV id=lead_story>

Read more: http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/sport/clarke-prese nts-open-medal-to-home-club-513337.html#ixzz1SYMPfpE9 </DIV></DIV>

nice touch

Someone who knows the Portrush scene might clarify things for me. I understand that Rathmore is a club in its own right with its own clubhouse and effectively its own course (The Valley) but is affilliated to Royal Portrush . On a recent visit I noticed a plaque on the Rathmore clubhouse commemorating the opening of an extension by Fred Daly, former captain. Strange that Daly's memorabilia is displayed in the Royal clubhouse while Graeme McDowells is displayed in the Rathmore clubhouse.

BTW I love the ladies clubhouse.....should be one in every club.
                  Anybody who sees a psychiatrist would want their head examined. &nb sp;Henry Ford

Comment

Eldrick has decided that caddy Steve Williams is the reason he is playing gash golf for the past 18 months. First Fluffy, now Williams.

The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

Originally posted by The Word Is Born
                      Eldrick has decided that caddy Steve Williams is the reason he is playing gash golf for the past 18 months. First Fluffy, now Williams.
                      Makes sense. Stevie caused his injuries, ruined his marriage, dissected his wealth, and lost him his golf game.

Comment

I think that's harsh, sure most golfers go through a few caddies in their careers.

\"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness\".
                        Dalai Lama

Comment

Williams has lost respect for Woods

Golf: Steve Williams admits he has lost "a tremendous amount of respect" for Tiger Woods after the former world number one ended their 12-year partnership.

Williams caddied for Woods as the American won 13 of his 14 major titles, but Woods announced the split publicly yesterday, saying it was "time for a change."

Their relationship had been strained by the sex scandal surrounding Woods which broke in November 2009, and the New Zealander said: "I think anybody in my situation would say they didn't have total respect and that respect would have to be earned. Obviously this situation is certainly not earning my respect.

"I told him when we first met back up in 2010 at Augusta that he had to earn my respect back. He was aware of that and he would know right now I've lost a tremendous amount of respect for him.

"Through time I hope he can gain my respect back. He definitely needs to earn my respect again, that's for sure."

Speaking to TV New Zealand, the 47-year-old added: "I'm a very big stickler for loyalty and I stuck with Tiger through his difficult period when a lot of people thought I should have left his side.

"That was the most difficult period that I've ever been through in my life. I'm pretty hard headed and took it probably a lot better than my wife and family did, but there's no way that I should have been put through that.

"My name should have been cleared immediately. It wasn't and that's what makes it even more disappointing what's transpired.

"I never really got pardoned from that scandal so the timing of it is extraordinary. You could say I've wasted two years of my life."

Woods has not won since the 2009 Australian Masters and missed the US Open and British Open this year through injury.

It is a far cry from the time when the 35-year-old dominated the game and Williams added: "I've been fortunate to witness possibly one of the greatest runs in golf ever.

"I consider myself very fortunate, I would be surprised if anyone plays at that level for that length of time again."

Williams has now taken up a full-time position with Australian Adam Scott, adding: "I'm excited about it and the last few weeks caddying for Adam has kind of opened my eyes a little bit."

Times

On the internet, you can be anything you want. It always amazes me why so many people choose to be stupid.

Comment

pair of knobs....no wonder they did so well together

"They think they know us, but they haven't a clue"

Comment

<H1>Lisa Maguire wins European amateurs</H1>
                              Saturday 23 July 2011
                              <DIV =story>
                              <DIV id=photography =side-c&#111;ntent>
                              <DIV id=photo1 =photo>
                              <DIV =photo-capti&#111;n>Lisa Maguire (Slieve Russell) has made history by becoming the first Irish player to win the prestigious European Ladies Individual Amateur Championship, carding a final round 79 in blustery conditions to win by four strokes.
                              </DIV>
                              <DIV =photo-capti&#111;n>Stephanie Meadow (Royal Portrush) ensured a remarkable Irish one-two with a closing round of 73 to jump from seventh to second place on her own. </DIV></DIV></DIV>

Denmark's Charlotte Kring Lorentzen seperated an Irish top-three finishing on ten over par, with Lisa Maguire in fourth place on 12 over par.

Danielle McVeigh (Royal Co Down Ladies) secured a top-20 finish with a closing round 78.

1 MAGUIRE, Lisa 73-68-73-79 +5
                              2 MEADOW, Stephanie 78-71-75-73 +9
                              3 KRING LORENTZEN, Charlotte 74-70-75-79 +10
                              4 MAGUIRE, Leona 73-75-72-80 +12
                              19 MCVEIGH, Danielle 80-77-74-78 +21</DIV>

Comment

Just watching BBC's documentary after Clarke's victory. Very poignant and emotional scenes when he came home to his two boys.

Comment

Working...
                                X