No announcement yet.

Golf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Westwood's injury is critical. He's Europe's strongest player.

p.s. I'm not sure about Harrington's selection. He's trying to remodel his swing (again). and has lost a good deal of weight too. I wonder why?
    Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
    Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

A lot of the selection is down to support for the European Tour. Donald came over in mid-season to boost his qualification bid. Harrington came and made a huge effort to win in Killarney, Casey & Rose said no. Monty's got it right in terms ofthe team.

Sky are scathing in their condemnation.
      Anybody who sees a psychiatrist would want their head examined. &nb sp;Henry Ford

Comment

Delighted Paddy is in, and well deserved too. I don't think his form is terrible bth, more patchy. He's having great rounds followed by poor ones.
        \"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness\".
        Dalai Lama

Comment

Originally posted by cornerboy

A lot of the selection is down to support for the European Tour. Donald came over in mid-season to boost his qualification bid. Harrington came and made a huge effort to win in Killarney, Casey & Rose said no. Monty's got it right in terms ofthe team.

Casey has played 12 European Tour events this year, to Harrington's 9.
          Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Originally posted by Mebawsa Ritchie

Westwood's injury is critical. He's Europe's strongest player.

p.s. I'm not sure about Harrington's selection. He's trying to remodel his swing (again). and has lost a good deal of weight too</span>. I wonder why?

Comment

Fair f**ks to Molinari for backing up words with deeds. Harry's pick can be summed up in two words - Three Majors.

Comment

Originally posted by fitzy73

A lot of the selection is down to support for the European Tour. Donald came over in mid-season to boost his qualification bid. Harrington came and made a huge effort to win in Killarney, Casey &amp; Rose said no. Monty's got it right in terms ofthe team.

Fair enough but Casey wasnt seen to make the effort when it was required towards the end and he doesnt have 3 majors. Harrington was never going to be omitted. Sky are letting their credibility slip with the strength of their condemnation of Monty and Harrington.
                Anybody who sees a psychiatrist would want their head examined. &nb sp;Henry Ford

Comment

Harringtons' form has been poor and his matchplay record isn't great. I'm not surprised Monty selected him, but if it were me doing the picks, I'd wouldn't haveselected him.

Comment

A lot of the selection is down to support for the European Tour. Donald came over in mid-season to boost his qualification bid. Harrington came and made a huge effort to win in Killarney, Casey &amp; Rose said no. Monty's got it right in terms ofthe team.

Fair enough but Casey wasnt seen to make the effort when it was required towards the end and he doesnt have 3 majors. Harrington was never going to be omitted. Sky are letting their credibility slip with the strength of their condemnation of Monty and Harrington.
                    Disagree.

Firstly, as outlined above, Casey has make more of an effort to appear on the European tour this year.

Secondly , Casey has much better recent form - Paddy (by his own admission) is in the middle of rebuilding his swing again.

Thirdly, Casey has a much better recent Ryder Cup record than Paddy (4 from 7 v 1 from 9).

Fourthly, his last major was 2 years ago, and he hasn't been within an asses roar of one this year. In contrast, Casey tied third in the British Open this year. Further, Paddy is now #19 in the world, versus Caseys #8.

I love Paddy to bits - he is probably my favourite Irish sports person - but I'm not blind to the fact that he won on a popularity contest.
                    Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Disagree.

Firstly, as outlined above, Casey has make more of an effort to appear on the European tour this year.

Secondly , Casey has much better recent form - Paddy (by his own admission) is in the middle of rebuilding his swing again.

Thirdly, Casey has a much better recent Ryder Cup record than Paddy (4 from 7 v 1 from 9).

Fourthly, his last major was 2 years ago, and he hasn't been within an asses roar of one this year. In contrast, Casey tied third in the British Open this year. Further, Paddy is now #19 in the world, versus Caseys #8.

I love Paddy to bits - he is probably my favourite Irish sports person - but I'm not blind to the fact that he won on a popularity contest.

Im not really arguing about whether Casey or Harrington or Donald or Rose is the better pick. I see why he picked Harrington but do realise he could have picked Casey or Rose and a case could be made to support that selection. Equally so there is a case for including Harrington and my point above really revolves around SKY TV's reaction to the selection which to my mind is unprofessional and a bit partisan.

Re Casey's record above it should be noted that in finishing 3rd in the Open he shot a 75 in the last round while being outplayed by a guy way off the pace in terms of World Ranking or previous form. Casey's form is not all Roses, if you get my drift.

Comment

Would have to agree on the Casey scene - when the chips have been down at the Majors, Casey has gone missing.

Comment

Pairings will be interesting:

Molinaris will be very hard to beat as will the Mc's from Norn Iron. Harrington &amp; Westwood would be a very good pairing I would have thought.

Comment

UK Media are not great lovers of the Southern Irish when it comes to Golf. Rory is their Darling but then he is British. In 1989 they hated the fact that Christy Junior was selected for the Ryder Cup at the Belfry. Christy gave them one up the jumper to beat Freddy Couples to retain the Cup. Was at that match and it was brilliant for Christy. Dont be surprised if Paddy does the same.

Comment

Casey, Harry &amp; Molinari should have been the picks, Luke Donald has won sweet f-all in his career, 5 tour wins and 2 in 6 years tell you all you need to know. He's very short and straight and the consensus is foresomes would suit him. I would take Casey every time.
                              Harry still deserved to be picked, 6 rookies meaant a bit of experience is needed and he will turn it on for the Ryder cup-Fact!

Comment

Paul Casey was fortunate enough to get a pick last time round and his commitment to making the 2010 team was questionable. I've got no sympathy for him.

To be honest Monty was in a no win situation and would have attracted criticism whoever he picked.

I'm personally delighted for Molinari who is a fantastic golfer. I hope he has a great cup after 'winning' his pick.

Comment

Working...
                                X