Golf

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Golf

Watched the pga golf last night from the Heritage in NC, fair play to Brian Davis for calling a 2 shot penalty on himself at the 1st playoff hole, he was in the hazzard left of the 18th green, meaning you can't ground your club, so when he began his back swing he touched a reed with his club, when his ball landed on the green he called over the referee, and informed him what he had done, he inturn asked the tv people to take a look at it and it was confirmed he did indeed touch the reed, thus getting a 2 stroke penalty, which gave the title to Jim Furyk.
    If a man tried to take his time on earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, I wonder what would happen to this world

Originally posted by Humpty Dumpty

Watched the pga golf last night from the Heritage in NC, fair play to Brian Davis for calling a 2 shot penalty on himself at the 1st playoff hole, he was in the hazzard left of the 18th green, meaning you can't ground your club, so when he began his back swing he touched a reed with his club, when his ball landed on the green he called over the referee, and informed him what he had done, he inturn asked the tv people to take a look at it and it was confirmed he did indeed touch the reed, thus getting a 2 stroke penalty, which gave the title to Jim Furyk.
    Fair play to him, Soccer players across the world take note
    Im here to spread the word..common sense is not just for animals

Comment

Good sportsmanship is a rarity. Fair play to him[img]smileys/thumb-up.gif[/img]
      Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
      Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Originally posted by Duffman
        Originally posted by Humpty Dumpty

Fair play to him, Soccer players across the world take note
        Alan Quinlan take note.

\"You have to be fair in football - you have to be honest and well done to you if you\'ve won, but you have to win in a good way.\" Thierry Henry, Stade de France, Arsenal 1-2 Barcelona, 16-05-2006.

Comment

Wasnt there some golfer about four or so years ago playing in the scottish open (one of them opens that the beeb covered that wasnt the big one anyway.
          Foul stroke, nobody saw it, but someone phoned the beeb and he was disqualified

Seven social sins: politics without principles, wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, and worship without sacrifice

Comment

What a tool
            My computer thinks I'm gay
            What's the difference anyway
            When all the people do all day
            Is stare into a phone

Comment

Originally posted by scotscor
              Wasnt there some golfer about four or so years ago playing in the scottish open (one of them opens that the beeb covered that wasnt the big one anyway.
              Foul stroke, nobody saw it, but someone phoned the beeb and he was disqualified
              Chris Evans I think, at The Open
              If a man tried to take his time on earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, I wonder what would happen to this world

Comment

irishtimes.com - Last Updated: Monday, April 26, 2010, 14:42
                <H1>Maguire twins to make Curtis Cup history</H1>
                <DIV style="CLEAR: left"></DIV>

Cavan twins Lisa and Leona Maguire will become the youngest players to represent Great Britian and Ireland at the Curtis Cup after being named alongside Royal County Down’s Danielle McVeigh in the eight-strong team to take on the United States at the biennial matches in Massachusetts in June.

The 15-year-olds already set an age record when competing in last summer’s Vagliano Trophy match at the age of 14.

The youngest ever player to compete in the Curtis Cup was Michelle Wie, who was 14 when she was a member of the United States team at Formby in 2004.

Leona retained the French Under-21 Girls’ Open title earlier this month, while Lisa won both the Irish Open Amateur Stroke Play and the Irish Ladies’ (Close) Amateur Championship last year and had won the Helen Holm Scottish Ladies’ Open Amateur Stroke Play title in 2008. Leona beat Lisa in the final of the Irish Ladies’ (Close) Amateur Championship in 2008.

The Loreto College, Cavan students helped Ireland win the European Girls’ team title last year and both played for Europe in the Junior Solheim Cup match in America. They were also members of the European team for the Junior Ryder Cup of 2008.

McVeigh showed how good her form was on Sunday, when she took victory in the ‘Helen Holm’ at Troon.

She also won the Ladies’ British Open Amateur Stroke Play title at Royal Aberdeen last autumn when she again came with a strong late run. She also won the Welsh Open Amateur Stroke Play title in 2009.

Danielle is a member of the Paddy Harrington Golf Scholarship programme at the NUI Maynooth where she is a second year student, studying Business and Management. She played for two years on the US college circuit as a student at Texas A&amp;M. McVeigh won the World Student Women’s title in Thailand in 2007.

Only Sally Watson, now a student at Stanford University in California, survives from the GB&amp;I team who lost 13-7 at the Old Course in St Andrews in 2008.

Stephanie Meadow of Royal Portrush has been named as one of the four reserves on the team, which will be captained by Mary McKenna.

McKenna played in nine Curtis Cup matches between 1970 and 1986 and, in terms of winning individual and foursomes ties, is the most successful GB&amp;I player in Curtis Cup history.

“I am delighted with the team and it is a very good mix of experience and youth. They have all played overseas on in America at some time, so that’s a big plus factor as well. I am looking forward to it,” said McKenna today.

This year’s matches, the 36th staging of the event, take place at Essex County Club in Manchester-by-the-Sea, Massachusetts from June 11th to 13th.

<S&#079;NG></S&#079;NG>Hanah Barwood (Knowle GC, England, Age 19), Holly Clyburn (Woodhall Spa GC, England, 19), Rachel Jennings (Izaak Walton GC, England, 21), <S&#079;NG>Leona Maguire</S&#079;NG>(Slieve Russell GC, 15), <S&#079;NG>Lisa Maguire</S&#079;NG>(Slieve Russell GC, 15), Pamel Pretswell (Bothwell Castle GC, Scotland, 20), <S&#079;NG>Danielle McVeigh</S&#079;NG>(Royal Co Down, 22), Sally Watson (Elie &amp; Earlsferry, Scotland, 1[img]smileys/cool.gif[/img].

Curtis Cup team:

<S&#079;NG>Reserves:</S&#079;NG>Lesley MacDonald (Nairn Dunbar GC, Scotland, 19), <S&#079;NG>Stephanie Meadow</S&#079;NG>(Royal Portrush GC, 1[img]smileys/cool.gif[/img], Charlie Douglass (Brocket Hall GC, England, 21), Amy Boulden, Maesdu, Wales, 16).

<S&#079;NG>Captain:</S&#079;NG>Mary McKenna(Ireland). <S&#079;NG>Manager:</S&#079;NG>Tegwen Matthews (Wales).

Comment

Apparently the two sisters are so competitive that they don't get on at all. Pretty sad actually.
                  Romani ite Domun

Comment

irishtimes.com - Last Updated: Tuesday, April 27, 2010, 10:38
                    <H1>R&amp;A expect Woods at St Andrews</H1>
                    <DIV style="CLEAR: left"></DIV>

Organisers of July’s Open championship at St Andrews are in no doubt Tiger Woods will be present to try to become the first player ever to win three titles there.

The world number one, triumphant at the Home of Golf by eight shots in 2000 and by five in 2005, returned at The Masters three weeks ago after five months out because of a sex scandal.

Delighted by the reaction of the vast majority of fans at Augusta, Woods plays again in North Carolina this week and has already committed himself to next week’s Players Championship in Florida and June’s US Open at Pebble Beach.

He has not entered for The Open, but Royal and Ancient chief executive Peter Dawson said today: “Entries close on May 27 and in a normal year he would not have entered yet.

“I am absolutely certain he will be with us.”

Security arrangements for Woods are to be discussed with the police, as is always the case, and Dawson admitted he was glad Augusta National and not the R&amp;A were “guinea pigs” in staging the player’s comeback.

“We will be watching what happens with Tiger and discussing the situation with the police,” he added. “We always act on their advice.”

Comment

Originally posted by Paddie
                      Apparently the two sisters are so competitive that they don't get on at all. Pretty sad actually.
                      That's rubbish.
                      Has Fineen put Johnny down yet?

Comment

Originally posted by FORWARD....
                        That's rubbish.

This rumour did the rounds before aswell and is completely untrue

Comment

That's rubbish.

Fair enough. Was given my information by a junior golf official who has been involved with both players from a coaching aspect. On what basis do you consider my post rubbish?
                          Romani ite Domun

Comment

That's rubbish.

Fair enough. Was given my information by a junior golf official who has been involved with both players from a coaching aspect. On what basis do you consider my post rubbish?
                            Because it isn't true!!
                            We have kids in our club who attend the same school. They are apparently very nice, level headed kids who are good at other sports and good academically and do everything together. As for not getting on, Leona caddied for Lisa when she won the French tournament recently (or was it the other way around?[img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]). I'm sure they are both ambitious and competitive when they are playing each other, but to post allegations like that is not on-particularly when you are talking about 15 year olds.
                            Was your golf official friend involved in a once off coaching session? Maybe he just got them on a bad day.
                            Has Fineen put Johnny down yet?

Comment

meh..whatever..don't really give a 5hit, was just passing on something that I thought was interesting. I retract my statement that 2 adolescent sisters don't get on very well at all. Scurrilous, unsubstantiated and a lie (apparently).
                              Romani ite Domun

Comment

Working...
                              X