Sporting bandwagons of 2007?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sporting bandwagons of 2007?

This thread is for people to propose and discuss sporting bandwagons that will roll through 2007.

The Wicklow football bandwagon is an obvious contender having already left the station and made a couple of stops to pick up additional supporters and players

The Irish rugby grandslambandwagon left Lansdowne Rd stationbut has already been derailed at Croke Park.

Any other suggestions?

Leinster rugby- the so-called "galactico's"
    [img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]

And all their bandwagon fans who talk about "offloading in the tackle"
    and think the fiji sevens are a blueprint for success in the winter
    competitions in Northern Europe. [img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]

Comment

may I recomend the Bunch of Arse Nomads indoor football team? http://eldiablo.mysite.wanadoo-membe...ports/nomads.h tml
      I could dance with you until the cows come home. On second thought I\'d rather dance with the cows until you come home.

Comment

I reckon this year Irish cricket is going to be the big one.

My computer thinks I'm gay
        What's the difference anyway
        When all the people do all day
        Is stare into a phone

Comment

If England win on sat. week you'll see a resugence of the Swing low bandwagon masquerading as a chariot. Will last until Oct

Comment

Originally posted by sewa

I reckon this year Irish cricket is going to be the big
            one.

Cricket world cup in March, playing Pakistan on Paddy's Day, you could
            be right.

Comment

i'm going to watch duagh playing in the all-ireland junior football semi-final tomorrow - have never been to a duagh game in my life. there's room on the bandwagon for anyone else that wants to join.

Comment

@@@@SPAN =articleline>This is in D'Paper today. While I agree with the cricket, and the thought of watching limited overs cricket in a boozer on Paddie's Day is particularly amusing, it actually seems as if Keane, Quinn and the rest of them over there are actvely looking for bandwagonners...@@@@/SPAN>

@@@@SPAN =articleline> http://www.examiner.ie/irishexaminer...ry.aspx-qqqg=s port-qqqm=sport-qqqa=sport-qqqid=25648-qqqx=1.asp @@@@/SPAN>

@@@@SPAN =articleline>Black Cats eyeing Irish tour, says Keane@@@@/SPAN>

@@@@SPAN =author>By Clive Hetherington@@@@/SPAN>
                @@@@SPAN =articlesummary>ROY KEANE has revealed that he is being flooded with requests to take “cult club” Sunderland to Ireland for a pre-season tour. @@@@/SPAN>

@@@@SPAN =article>
                Promotion to the Premiership is Keane’s target, but regardless of whether the Black Cats reach their goal, he already has a firm eye on preparations for next term.

Keane believes Sunderland can become everyone’s second-favourite team in Ireland. The buy-out of the club last summer by chairman Niall Quinn’s chiefly-Irish Drumaville consortium, the arrival of Keane as manager and a growing contingent of players from the Emerald Isle, has all helped to win Sunderland fans in the Republic. @@@@/SPAN>

Galway Utd are in talks with Sunderland and hope to host Keane’s men during the Galway Festival Races week from July 30-August 5th.

And Keane declared: “I think there’s a cult growing around the club in Ireland now. Over the years they’ve all been Man United, Celtic, Liverpool and Arsenal fans, but we’re hoping to break into that.

“With the Irish lads here it’s obviously helped, and the fact I’m involved, Niall’s Irish and the owners of the club are Irish.

“There’s a lot of interest and even if we just become a lot of people’s second-favourite team, that would be nice.

“We’ve discussed pre-season a bit already. We’ll have a better gauge at the end of the season when we know which league we’re going to be playing in.

“But there have been talks and we’re looking at Ireland. There have been lots of invitations from clubs in Ireland and one or two in Scotland. We may need to go abroad as well and spread the word, I suppose.

“The priority for me is to get good preparation and good training facilities, and the club will be looking at the PR side of it.

“It’s nice if we go somewhere our fans can travel to from Sunderland to see their side play in another country. You can’t compromise too much, but the club are looking at ways of plugging into different things and, as a manager, I have to be open-minded.

“But I’ve always been pretty open-minded. That said, if I believe in something I try to stick to my guns. But there are no plans for an away kit in green — not at this moment in time!”

Comment

Originally posted by socks
                  i'm going to watch duagh playing in the all-ireland junior football semi-final tomorrow - have never been to a duagh game in my life. there's room on the bandwagon for anyone else that wants to join.

I'm a true bandwagoner and waiting till they make the final, which they should do so easily!!

Seen Duagh play several times. Not a pretty sight![img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]
                  It happened, and I was there.
                  4.48pm, Saturday 20th May 2006.
                  What does grease taste like? Is it like chicken?

Comment

Politics is a blood sport, soany takers forthe Inda Kennybandwagon - there'll be millions aboard come summer time - and he's going to electrocute the country! [img]smileys/razz.gif[/img]
                    New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

anyone for the limerick hurling bandwagon?.....no? come on plenty room down the back!

also im appointing myself the stephen kelly bandwagon conductor.limerick football to munster rugby player in one year!
                      g\'wan bruff!!

``The answer is not heavy- handed regulations that crush the entrepreneurial spirit and risk- taking of American capitalism. That\'s what\'s made our economy great.\"
                      -Barack Obama

\"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics\"
                      -thomas sowell

Comment

Originally posted by bruffian

anyone for the limerick hurling bandwagon?.....no? come on plenty room down the back!

also im appointing myself the stephen kelly bandwagon conductor.limerick football to munster rugby player in one year!

I fell off that one a long time ago.
                        "Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too ?" - Douglas Adams

Comment

I'll join any bandwagon with bodhrán's, megaphones, and real fans. Straw hats optional. Can I get that with Wicklow?

Comment

Originally posted by Timster
                            I'll join any bandwagon with bodhrán's, megaphones, and real fans. Straw hats optional. Can I get that with Wicklow?

Only selling on ebay now, way over face value too.

Comment

Originally posted by Ballyman

Originally posted by socks

I'm a true bandwagoner and waiting till they make the final, which they should do so easily!!

Seen Duagh play several times. Not a pretty sight![img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]

They did too seemingly. Won by three points.
                              \"What is wrong with a drug that makes teen-age boys drive slowly?\"
                              P. J. O\'Rourke

Comment

Working...
                              X