Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Anyone Even Care Anymore?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #46

    Originally posted by sslazio11

    Originally posted by zeno
    Saw McGwire crying on the telly last night ffs! Canseco still says he is lying..the Bash Brothers are falling out. Gimme Bonds anyday![img]smileys/biggrin.gif[/img]

    It's funny that Canseco, who's a grade A asshole, is the one who's been the most truthful in all of this. Giambi, McGwire and Bonds are a disgrace to the sport.


    It's the attitude of a lotofAmericans that I find most depressing; they just care about the entertainmentvalue,couldn't give a s**t about the implications of cheating to win,andhow awful a message that sends to young athletes.


    So very, very depressing.
    Well Was taking steroids actually banned in baseball back then? You can blame the players but MLB knew what was up and turned a blind eye until it had to. A few players got hit early but we now know that so many players were taking them it was almost a level playing field!

    Comment


      #47
      skin.jpg">

      Whatever this thread is about, all I can see from above is a large
      pair of knockers on the left.....


      Edit: Gah, cant quote the pic in question....
      Signatures are dead. Get over it

      Comment


        #48
        Originally posted by zeno
        Originally posted by sslazio11


        Originally posted by zeno
        Saw McGwire crying on the telly last night ffs! Canseco still says he is lying..the Bash Brothers are falling out. Gimme Bonds anyday![img]smileys/biggrin.gif[/img]

        It's funny that Canseco, who's a grade A asshole, is the one who's been the most truthful in all of this. Giambi, McGwire and Bonds are a disgrace to the sport.


        It's the attitude of a lotofAmericans that I find most depressing; they just care about the entertainmentvalue,couldn't give a s**t about the implications of cheating to win,andhow awful a message that sends to young athletes.


        So very, very depressing.

        Well Was taking steroids actually banned in baseball back then? You can blame the players but MLB knew what was up and turned a blind eye until it had to. A few players got hit early but we now know that so many players were taking them it was almost a level playing field!

        I take your point to a certain extent, but McGwire andJason Giambirefused to admit that they were on steroids until they were more or less forced to. McGwire with this "I'm not here to talk about the past" speech a few years back was contemptible.And his admission of guiltwas a joke as well:


        "I did this for health reasons. I didn't do this because I needed strength. I've always been able to hit home runs." Astonishing.


        Roger Clemens perjured himself with his denials.Bonds will never admit it, despitetransformingtransformed intothe Hulk andhis forehead doubling in size over the space of a few years.


        They're just so brazen about it, that's what really gets me.





        More Water.

        Comment


          #49


          Originally posted by The Word Is Born
          Originally posted by evanderch
          Corked bats do not make the ball go further.
          Somebody was watching Mythbusters.

          Busted.

          Comment


            #50
            Originally posted by Balla Boy
            Originally posted by kahalui
            Originally posted by Balla Boy





            Kahalui,


            Interested by what you said about roids being taken at full fitness. My understanding (don't know if it's a common misperception) is that out of season doping is a major issue in most sports, and the focus of a lot of the athletics crackdown.


            Was under the impression as well that rugby players are most likely to dope in off and pre-season as that's when they do most of their mass gain. Some of the pre-season weight gains that Graham Henry announced in the run up to the last world cup raised a few eyebrows as I recall.


            Is it that they're taking them at inopportune times to avoid testing, or that the isolation of the heavy weight gain work in rugby preparation means they can use them for the lifting phases and then phase them out as they get into more power/explosive work as the season approaches?


            i think we're saying the same thing. roids should only be taken when you've reached your max. weight-lifting capacity and you cant lift any more. thats when they have best effect and are less dangerous

            daily messenger mentioned injuries and doping together. however, if you've been nursing a shoulder injury for a couple of months, you cant lift weights! so you shouldnt and wouldnt take roids


            Understood.


            I think Daly might be referring to (and there's absolutely no implication here of doping) someone like Denis Leamy - out for a few months with serious injury, fit and training again in preparation to a return to playing. At what point would testing in Rugby kick in?


            Presumably he's not getting in-season testing while out injured as it seems to happen after matches. Is it when he's officially training again?


            i asked a similar question further up, as im not exactly sure how the testing system works in pro rugby. afaik, 2 players fromeach team are randomly selected after SOME games (not all)


            apparently, pro rugby players go for fast acting compounds pre-season only. very difficult to detect that way. i also heard that not all compounds are tested like in lets say weightlifting/cycling/athletics.


            either way, someone on here must know something more??

            Comment


              #51

              Originally posted by sslazio11
              I take your point to a certain extent, but McGwire andJason Giambirefused to admit that they were on steroids until they were more or less forced to. McGwire with this "I'm not here to talk about the past" speech a few years back was contemptible.And his admission of guiltwas a joke as well:


              "I did this for health reasons. I didn't do this because I needed strength. I've always been able to hit home runs." Astonishing.


              Roger Clemens perjured himself with his denials.Bonds will never admit it, despitetransformingtransformed intothe Hulk andhis forehead doubling in size over the space of a few years.


              They're just so brazen about it, that's what really gets me.




              If Bonds admits it now he too will have perjured himself and the Feds will crucify him.

              I agree they are all pretty brazen...but I have to admit I was lucky enough to live in SF and be a Giants fan during those days...cheaters or not there was some very exciting basebaell! [img]smileys/biggrin.gif[/img]...I know I should be ashamed!

              Comment


                #52
                Originally posted by kahalui
                Originally posted by Balla Boy
                Originally posted by kahalui
                Originally posted by Balla Boy





                Kahalui,


                Interested by what you said about roids being taken at full fitness. My understanding (don't know if it's a common misperception) is that out of season doping is a major issue in most sports, and the focus of a lot of the athletics crackdown.


                Was under the impression as well that rugby players are most likely to dope in off and pre-season as that's when they do most of their mass gain. Some of the pre-season weight gains that Graham Henry announced in the run up to the last world cup raised a few eyebrows as I recall.


                Is it that they're taking them at inopportune times to avoid testing, or that the isolation of the heavy weight gain work in rugby preparation means they can use them for the lifting phases and then phase them out as they get into more power/explosive work as the season approaches?


                i think we're saying the same thing. roids should only be taken when you've reached your max. weight-lifting capacity and you cant lift any more. thats when they have best effect and are less dangerous

                daily messenger mentioned injuries and doping together. however, if you've been nursing a shoulder injury for a couple of months, you cant lift weights! so you shouldnt and wouldnt take roids


                Understood.


                I think Daly might be referring to (and there's absolutely no implication here of doping) someone like Denis Leamy - out for a few months with serious injury, fit and training again in preparation to a return to playing. At what point would testing in Rugby kick in?


                Presumably he's not getting in-season testing while out injured as it seems to happen after matches. Is it when he's officially training again?


                i asked a similar question further up, as im not exactly sure how the testing system works in pro rugby. afaik, 2 players fromeach team are randomly selected after SOME games (not all)


                apparently, pro rugby players go for fast acting compounds pre-season only. very difficult to detect that way. i also heard that not all compounds are tested like in lets say weightlifting/cycling/athletics.


                either way, someone on here must know something more??


                When I mentioned injuries I meantplayers who have recovered from the basicinjury and can do gym worketc. but are maybenot at match fitness. Presumably they could take drugs, increase their strength and then stop prior to returning to the game and drug testing. If you look at the Mayweather/pacquiao row, the timing of testing would appear to be all important.

                Comment


                  #53


                  Kahalui do some research. Steroids aid recovery from many injuries. They also make you a more aggresive trainer. Also you do not need to be at your max natural weights before using them. That is simply nonsense as BB and many other gym users before him have seen. Also steroids are only the tip of the iceberg.Agent orange, etc
                  My computer thinks I'm gay
                  What's the difference anyway
                  When all the people do all day
                  Is stare into a phone

                  Comment


                    #54

                    Originally posted by sewa

                    Kahalui do some research. Steroids aid recovery from many injuries. They also make you a more aggresive trainer. Also you do not need to be at your max natural weights before using them. That is simply nonsense as BB and many other gym users before him have seen. Also steroids are only the tip of the iceberg.Agent orange, etc
                    [img]smileys/lol.gif[/img] ... yes you do need to be at your max to use them if you want the desired affect.=performance enhancing. </span>ask any gym goer thats in the know and they'll tell you the same.

                    i go to a body builders gym and most of the lads there inject clembutoral for fun. ive a few close friends that take the stuff so i can assure you i know what im talking about, unlike you.


                    Comment


                      #55

                      Originally posted by kahalui
                      Originally posted by sewa

                      Kahalui do some research. Steroids aid recovery from many injuries. They also make you a more aggresive trainer. Also you do not need to be at your max natural weights before using them. That is simply nonsense as BB and many other gym users before him have seen. Also steroids are only the tip of the iceberg.Agent orange, etc
                      [img]smileys/lol.gif[/img] ... yes you do need to be at your max to use them if you want the desired affect.=performance enhancing. </span>ask any gym goer thats in the know and they'll tell you the same.

                      i go to a body builders gym and most of the lads there inject clembutoral for fun. ive a few close friends that take the stuff so i can assure you i know what im talking about, unlike you.

                      They must be lacking elsewhere to be doing that to themselves!
                      Are they short?

                      Comment


                        #56

                        Originally posted by shanners
                        Originally posted by kahalui
                        Originally posted by sewa

                        Kahalui do some research. Steroids aid recovery from many injuries. They also make you a more aggresive trainer. Also you do not need to be at your max natural weights before using them. That is simply nonsense as BB and many other gym users before him have seen. Also steroids are only the tip of the iceberg.Agent orange, etc
                        [img]smileys/lol.gif[/img] ... yes you do need to be at your max to use them if you want the desired affect.=performance enhancing. </span>ask any gym goer thats in the know and they'll tell you the same.

                        i go to a body builders gym and most of the lads there inject clembutoral for fun. ive a few close friends that take the stuff so i can assure you i know what im talking about, unlike you.

                        They must be lacking elsewhere to be doing that to themselves!
                        Are they short?
                        its all about getting as big as possible no matter what. its anorexia backwards

                        Comment


                          #57

                          Originally posted by kahalui
                          Originally posted by shanners
                          Originally posted by kahalui
                          Originally posted by sewa

                          Kahalui do some research. Steroids aid recovery from many injuries. They also make you a more aggresive trainer. Also you do not need to be at your max natural weights before using them. That is simply nonsense as BB and many other gym users before him have seen. Also steroids are only the tip of the iceberg.Agent orange, etc
                          [img]smileys/lol.gif[/img] ... yes you do need to be at your max to use them if you want the desired affect.=performance enhancing. </span>ask any gym goer thats in the know and they'll tell you the same.

                          i go to a body builders gym and most of the lads there inject clembutoral for fun. ive a few close friends that take the stuff so i can assure you i know what im talking about, unlike you.

                          They must be lacking elsewhere to be doing that to themselves!
                          Are they short?
                          its all about getting as big as possible no matter what. its anorexia backwards
                          What? Do they compete in bodybuilding events

                          Comment


                            #58

                            Originally posted by shanners
                            Originally posted by kahalui
                            Originally posted by shanners
                            Originally posted by kahalui
                            Originally posted by sewa

                            Kahalui do some research. Steroids aid recovery from many injuries. They also make you a more aggresive trainer. Also you do not need to be at your max natural weights before using them. That is simply nonsense as BB and many other gym users before him have seen. Also steroids are only the tip of the iceberg.Agent orange, etc
                            [img]smileys/lol.gif[/img] ... yes you do need to be at your max to use them if you want the desired affect.=performance enhancing. </span>ask any gym goer thats in the know and they'll tell you the same.

                            i go to a body builders gym and most of the lads there inject clembutoral for fun. ive a few close friends that take the stuff so i can assure you i know what im talking about, unlike you.

                            They must be lacking elsewhere to be doing that to themselves!
                            Are they short?
                            its all about getting as big as possible no matter what. its anorexia backwards
                            What? Do they compete in bodybuilding events
                            yep. but there's plenty of average joes juicing as well. when people dont get the muscle-growth results they hoped for by natural means they have no problem going that extra step whether they're a pro or some lad from the office. i know the lad who owns the gym fairly well, he's their clembutoral supplier!

                            Comment


                              #59

                              I rejoined a local gym after a few months running on the road. There is a dramatic shift upwards in the number of people pumping iron and big weights too. Before, they were barely used. The odd person doing circuits would do some weights. Now they've taken over the very limited free space in the place.
                              They didn't look the usual keep fit type either-garb being a bit on the skanger side (no offence to your friends Kahalui [img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]). I thought it was a bit strange but maybe its happening in gyms all round the country.
                              "Fineen Wycherley was everywhere. When I watched this video back late on Saturday night I half expected to look up from my laptop to find him in my kitchen ' TRK Nov 3rd 2019 following Cardiff v Munster

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X