• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Donal Og

Donal Og is a legend. A pure legend.

I have been a Cork hurling supporter for forty years. So few have
    brought to the game or our team what Donal Og has. And now with
    his
    honesty he is helping us grow up as a country.

He has been a hero to me for years. His heroism is redoubled today.
    Now it is up to us, all of us, to look ourselves in the mirror and decide
    whether we are still stuck in stupid schoolyard jibes and stereotypes
    or whether any of us is half the man he is.

Tone it down a bit.

Hes a good goalie and all,but how he's a hero,or anything other than a very good goalie,is beyond me.

Everyone and their dog(in the GAA anyway),has known hes gay for years.
    g\'wan bruff!!

``The answer is not heavy- handed regulations that crush the entrepreneurial spirit and risk- taking of American capitalism. That\'s what\'s made our economy great.\"
    -Barack Obama

\"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics\"
    -thomas sowell

Comment

This should be another cracking(pun[img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]) thread!

Comment

A bloody agitator !!!

Comment

With the help of several posters here I've decided to announce myself as the first openlystraight poster on this site. I don't want to be seen as a hero, but I hope the country will grow as a result.

Donal Og is a gay man who is good at hurling, so what. Why is anyones sexual orientation an issue and why do we have to hear about it?

Comment

Originally posted by Lightblue

With the help of several posters here I've decided to announce myself as the first openlystraight poster on this site. I don't want to be seen as a hero, but I hope the country will grow as a result.

Donal Og is a gay man who is good at hurling, so what. Why is anyones sexual orientation an issue and why do we have to hear about it?

.....because it will sells Books.

Comment

Care less about his 'revelations' or his sexual orientation. He's a scum bag for leading the charge on the Corkstrikes as he has done. He's a blight on Cork Hurling for his role in that sense and that far outweighs any outstanding performances he's put in a goalkeeper. He's either a politician or a goalkeeper but he's shown that you can't have a foot in both camps (oh er missus ha!)
              <u><font color=BLUE>I\'d rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.</font></u> smileys/thumb-up.gif

Comment

The fact that everyone keeps banging on about it, show's how unable we are to deal with homosexuality. He' s a gay Hurler whoooooo there has never been another gay sports person before.....shocking!!

By the way he's not a hero, A fine Keeper yes, a hero definately not[img]smileys/c&#111;nfused.gif[/img]

Terry who? Look man I aint playing the name game up in here Theres a reason why Mr. Felcher chose me in the first round....I\'m an impact player!!!

Comment

Originally posted by digidep
                  He's a scum bag for leading the charge on the Corkstrikes as he has done.

Be sure and say hello to OD, won't you?[img]smileys/cool.gif[/img]
                  The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

Originally posted by Rigor Mortis
                    Donal Og is a legend. A pure legend.

I have been a Cork hurling supporter for forty years. So few have

brought to the game or our team what Donal Og has. And now with

his

honesty he is helping us grow up as a country.

He has been a hero to me for years. His heroism is redoubled today.

Now it is up to us, all of us, to look ourselves in the mirror and decide

whether we are still stuck in stupid schoolyard jibes and stereotypes

or whether any of us is half the man he is.

So you think that a Hurler coming out of the closet will help us as a country? Who cares? Gay lads are a dime a dozen, in all sports. Typical GAA "we're all feckin hero's" mentality. The fact there is such a big deal being made about it is a sad reflection on the GAA and supporters more than anything else.
                    Victi vincimus (Conquered, we conquer) - Plautus

Comment

Originally posted by The Word Is Born

Sorry, lost me there TWIB [img]smileys/c&#111;nfused.gif[/img]
                      <u><font color=BLUE>I\'d rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.</font></u> smileys/thumb-up.gif

Comment

Originally posted by The Word Is Born

Sorry, lost me there TWIB [img]smileys/c&#111;nfused.gif[/img]

Calling a player a "scum bag" around here is a no-no.[img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]
                        The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

Is Dermot lurking [img]smileys/sad.gif[/img]

Comment

Good goalie and potential best selling author, no hero.
                            Anybody who sees a psychiatrist would want their head examined. &nb sp;Henry Ford

Comment

I presume the jokes can start now? [img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]
                              Marty in the Morning

Comment

Working...
                              X