Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Darts Tournament Suggestions

Hi All,

I saw this on boards.ie and was wondering could we get something similar organised here.

I think it would be a great idea if we could get aMF.com Darts tournament up and running some time soon. I think there could be quite alot of interest from people in this as no matter what age, sex or physical fitness level you are at, you are perfectly capable of playing darts

First of all, I think the most important thing to mention is that it will be in no way a serious tournament, it will simply be a day of fun for all darts fans and enthusiasts alike. This means that no matter what standard you are, whether you average 100 or 10, everyone is welcome to enter the tournament. It will be a chance for us to have a day playing darts and also do what darts players do best, drink a pint or two

This thread is for people to give suggestions and feedback about the tournament such as possible venues, where to have it, prizes etc. Personally i think the best way to fund a tournament like this would be for people to pay an entrance fee, nothing expensive of course, maybe 10e or possibly less depending on the amount of interest that we have in this. The entrance fee can be given out as prize money which we can decide in advance. Thats just a suggestion, if someone has a better idea then feel free to suggest away. There is of course the possibility of a pub giving some funding towards a tournament if we promise to drink a few of their pints but this will have to be looked into.

I think the venue might be the hardest to agree on because obviously people are from different parts of the country and the world. The best way to do this is for people to suggest where they would like the tournament played and the place that is suggested the most will be picked. Obviously im going to throw somewhere inLimerick into the hat because thats where im from.

This thread is just an initial thread to guage interest levels for this event. Please post here if you have any interest in taking part in a tournament and feel free to offer suggestions.

My Uncle runs a Darts pub in Limerick. I will have a word with him and see if I can twist his arm. I haven't played it in years myself, but it would be fun.
    "Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too ?" - Douglas Adams

Comment

There is a darts pub in Limerick?[img]smileys/confused.gif[/img]

I never knew this.

Comment

i only know of one pub in Limerick with a dart board and that is Magners on Roche's street.

Comment

Originally posted by Dermot G
          There is a darts pub in Limerick?[img]smileys/confused.gif[/img]

I never knew this.

Theres quiet a few pubs in Limerick that are serious on the darts scene.
          "Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too ?" - Douglas Adams

Comment

Working...
          X