No announcement yet.

Extract from Corcoran’s book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

unless you're from cork i don't think you could read past the first 4 paragraphs of that boring pile of s**te at the top of the page without losing complete interest in it.

Comment

Originally posted by socks
      unless you're from cork i don't think you could read past the first 4 paragraphs of that boring pile of s**te at the top of the page without losing complete interest in it.

Gadzooks, you mean if someone isn't from Cork they would be less interested in what he has to say, wow. Written like a true sports fan[img]smileys/lol.gif[/img].

Comment

Yeah, your damned if you do damned if you dont with sports autobiographies, most of them go out of their ways not to offend anyone and you fall asleep reading them (Martin Johnson for example), those that attempt to tell it like it is get slated for being too critical of others. Although I take socks point, if you have no direct interest in the subject matter tis all a load of s**te anyway.
        \"Golf is a game for c**ts\" Ronnie Drew

Comment

Half the topics on this forum can be boring, next time I see Socks writing about a topiche is interested in I must remember to put in the argument : "boring pile of s**te at the top of the page ". The moral of the story is tofeck off to a topic you are interested in. If you don't like what he said about Waterford etc., fine debate it, or say it. These guys don't get paid much for playing, if he wants to cash in with a book then I'm fine with that. He played for Cork, of course fans of other counties will be bored with a lot of what he says.

Comment

Have to say that that article from the indo is the biggest piece of sh*ite ive read in a long time.
            http://www.rebelwaves.com

Comment

[img]smileys/lol.gif[/img][img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Corcoran
                @@@@SPAN lang="en-gb">Everything's gone to another level. The past few months, when we'd been warming up and stretching, you could hear fellas talking and, the odd time, laughing. Not now, not since last Friday's talk. No one strolls over to get their water and strolls over to the next drill. There's a greater urgency and purpose.</font>@@@@/SPAN>@@@@SPAN lang="en-gb">@@@@/SPAN></font>
                fascinating.

Originally posted by Brian Corcoran
                @@@@SPAN lang="en-gb">We play another match among ourselves.</font>@@@@/SPAN>
                @@@@SPAN lang="en-gb">Again, the pace is blistering. Sully's marking me and while the ball is at the other end of the field, we comment on how things have picked up.</font>@@@@/SPAN></font>

@@@@SPAN lang="en-gb">Young Cathal Naughton in particular is flying out on the wing.</font>@@@@/SPAN>
                @@@@SPAN lang="en-gb">I turn to Sully. "I'm surprised he hasn't seen any action yet."</font>@@@@/SPAN>
                @@@@SPAN lang="en-gb">"I was only saying it to Fred Sheedy the other night, " says Sully.</font>@@@@/SPAN></font>
                wow. tell me more. please.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief
                  Originally posted by Point
                  What an amazing memory ! Or maybe he was keeping a diary ?
                  I can remember stuff from when I was playing football when I was 13/14. Little things that seem insignificant. If you are immersed in the game, and in his case his whole life basically revolved around it, you'll remember every little detail. It helps to have a brain in your head too mind.

Well he works for Janssen Pharmaceuticals so he probably doesn't have much else to occupy his mind !!! [img]smileys/lol.gif[/img] (Hope my brother doesn't read this !!!).

Comment

Working...
                  X