No announcement yet.

The Boxing Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It must be a killer for Andy Lee to see this chancer get a crack at GGG after he tried for so long. If he'd stayed active for just a couple of months longer the fight could have been his.

Great work from O'Sullivan's team alright.
    "It’s not the team you support, it’s the club you should support. The team on the pitch will ebb and flow because that’s the nature of sport. No team has ever been successful decade on decade. The club has the history and that’s the passion you should have."

Comment

Originally posted by Jenta View Post
      It must be a killer for Andy Lee to see this chancer get a crack at GGG after he tried for so long. If he'd stayed active for just a couple of months longer the fight could have been his.

Great work from O'Sullivan's team alright.
      Ring fodder and no more

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk
      "Everything good about Ireland can be found in County Cork"....Lonely Planet Guide 2012

Comment

Did anyone see the GGG fight against Canelo, at the weekend?
        I thought GGG edged it.

He definitely won the first fight... Boxing is still very dirty.

He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

I also see Billy Joe Saunders is in deep doodooo... the dumb bastard...

Billy Joe Saunders has been charged with misconduct by the British Boxing Board of Control after the emergence of video footage in which he appears to offer a woman drugs.
          He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

Originally posted by i_like_cake View Post
            Did anyone see the GGG fight against Canelo, at the weekend?
            I thought GGG edged it.

He definitely won the first fight... Boxing is still very dirty.
            He won both fights, the second wasn't even particularly close. Golden Boy are a dirty shower.
            "It’s not the team you support, it’s the club you should support. The team on the pitch will ebb and flow because that’s the nature of sport. No team has ever been successful decade on decade. The club has the history and that’s the passion you should have."

Comment

Originally posted by i_like_cake View Post
              I also see Billy Joe Saunders is in deep doodooo... the dumb bastard...

Its a cultural thing.

Comment

uh-oh.... yawnfest approaching...

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...edov-happening

just when you thought Khabib had one boring fighting style...

Comment

Canelo Alvarez signs the richest contract in sports history.. worth $365million

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...orts-contracts

Comment

this is very interesting... it's a long one, good for friday afternoon work..... Tyson Fury on Joe Rogans podcast...

Comment

Originally posted by Jenta View Post
                      Andy Lee announced his retirement this evening. While I'm disappointed he hasn't gotten what he wanted out of his comeback I'm glad he got to walk away from boxing a healthy man.

It will always remain one of my biggest sporting disappointments that the BJS fight didn't go ahead in Thomond Park but the Jackson KO is one of my favourite from any boxer and the Korobov fight is my favourite Irish boxing memory bar none. I look forward to many more years of listening to his superb analysis on radio and TV.

In a sport often dominated by clowns trying to outdo each other's obnoxiousness he was one of the good guys. Boxing is poorer for losing him.
                      Andy was on Late Late tonight promoting his new book - he seems like a very genuine guy. All the best to him

"There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

The washed up mental patient and the failed footballer contrived a way of not taking a beating off AJ as their next fight. Who knew two lads whose combined IQ is in single digits had the smarts to do that.

Comment

The guys that do the House of Rugby youtube show, are doing a boxing show this year too.. lots of fights happening this year.. Wilder Vs Fury 2, Joshua fights in Madison Square Garden.

The first guest for this show is Carl Frampton.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                            X