Dublin v Tyrone

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dublin v Tyrone

65,000 tickets gone already with over a week to go. Would be savage if there was a full house. Saw Doctors playing beforehand so should be good craic. Anyone else going to it?
    Grandpa Simpson: The last time the meteors came, we thought the sky was on fire. Naturally, we blamed the Irish. We hanged more \'n a few.

not surprising there are no tix going for the 6N games if a NFL game is attracting such a crowd - should be a greatoccasion and afracas is almost guaranteed with these 2 . fair play

Comment

til be good to see what the lights are like,supposedly more powerful than the ones going up in wembley,its on tg4 or somewhere isnt it?
      g\'wan bruff!!

``The answer is not heavy- handed regulations that crush the entrepreneurial spirit and risk- taking of American capitalism. That\'s what\'s made our economy great.\"
      -Barack Obama

\"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics\"
      -thomas sowell

Comment

I'll be there!!

Tickets are s**te though. Up in the clouds in the corner of the Hogan.

It's mad isn't it. More than likely 70K at a National league game while the local professional soccer teams down the road will have 500 people watching paid professionals play.

Maybe they should allow them into croker before the saw doctors and let 'em play in front of a big crowd? [img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]
        It happened, and I was there.
        4.48pm, Saturday 20th May 2006.
        What does grease taste like? Is it like chicken?

Comment

Is it unfashionable in this day and age to say you like the Saw Doctors? I think they're a great live band. Don't take themselves too seriously. Its deffo live on TV as far as I know. I had got the idea that RTE were showing it but thats probably wrong.
          Grandpa Simpson: The last time the meteors came, we thought the sky was on fire. Naturally, we blamed the Irish. We hanged more \'n a few.

Comment

will be good to see what an extended few hours of drinking thanks to the lights will bring to the atmosphere
            Always

Comment

Originally posted by banjaxed
              will be good to see what an extended few hours of drinking thanks to the lights will bring to the atmosphere
              Increased bloodlust no doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief
                Is it unfashionable in this day and age to say you like the Saw Doctors? I think they're a great live band. Don't take themselves too seriously. Its deffo live on TV as far as I know. I had got the idea that RTE were showing it but thats probably wrong.

It's gonna be a sellout lads. 80,000 now sold!!

Sewa and Point, in case ye didn't get tickets, the match is live on Setanta sports who have exclusive liverights to the National League games.
                It happened, and I was there.
                4.48pm, Saturday 20th May 2006.
                What does grease taste like? Is it like chicken?

Comment

I haven't actually got my tickets yet so don't be telling me its sold out. The club should come through for me. Who'd have thunk you'd get that many to a league match in February? I've always maintained though that saturday evening matches were the way to go where possible, as it taps into the whole heading out for the night mentality, as opposed to sunday afternoon where you have to worry about work the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by Ballyman

Originally posted by Chief

It's gonna be a sellout lads. 80,000 now sold!!

Sewa and Point, in case ye didn't get tickets, the match is live on Setanta sports who have exclusive liverights to the National League games.
                    I'm sure the two boyos simply cannot @@@@SPAN style="font-style: italic;">contain@@@@/SPAN> their excitement
                    Is minic a bhris béal duine a shróin

Comment

God i wish I knew how to insert pictures. Dougal and Fr Ted protesting outside the cinema would be most fitting![img]smileys/biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

Here you go Chief, though which one is Dougal and which one is Ted?

Comment

Point is Ted as he's the brains of the operation.[img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Agreed on saturday evening games Chief. The intent is that every county should have a ground floodlit and able to take league attendances. Some 10 counties already have it.

I am going to the game.
                            =========================
                            \"Our Association cannot be expected to accept a vista where the competing sporting organisations have no capital investment commitments, can exploit the value of their existing infrastructure and use our facilities as a cash cow, while investing their returns in games development\" - Liam Mulvihill.

Comment

I'll be in myself in good time for the musical entertainment.
                              (wearing my straw hat[img]smileys/biggrin.gif[/img])

Comment

Working...
                              X