X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• taz
    started a topic The Football Thread.

The Football Thread.

This might be a good idea for people wanting to discuss football matches away from the main few soccer threads.

I'm watching Newcastle v Boro and its a cracker 1-1 with 28 minutes to go,on here.

• munstershane
    replied
    A long shot but worth a try

I'm heading over to Liverpool for the Champions League Final and managed to get 4 tickets for the big screen showing at the m&s arena.
    Other family were trying as well but unsuccessful.

Basically i am looking for 2 tickets if possible. If anyone has any extra or knows of someone I will happily and gratefully take them off your hands. They can be seated or standing. Not fussy at all.

Leave a comment:

• munstershane
    replied
    Originally posted by AdolphusGrigson View Post

So we have Manure and Hotspuds ....any others you want to share?
    Manure
    Spuds
    Bitters - Everton
    Plastics - Chelsea or City (did you see Citys digital flags around the stadium advertising hoardings)

There are more.

Leave a comment:

• tippete7trees
    replied

Leave a comment:

• AdolphusGrigson
    replied
    Originally posted by tippete7trees View Post
    Manure lose 2-0 at home to Cardiff. OGS looking like the most disastrous managerial appointment ever. I'd guess the branes trust wish they could ditch him now 5 mins into the job. Next season will be like Moyes all over again. But worse.
    So we have Manure and Hotspuds ....any others you want to share?

Leave a comment:

• tippete7trees
    replied
    Manure lose 2-0 at home to Cardiff. OGS looking like the most disastrous managerial appointment ever. I'd guess the branes trust wish they could ditch him now 5 mins into the job. Next season will be like Moyes all over again. But worse.

Leave a comment:

• blackwarrior
    replied
    The hurling championship is going to have a lot to live up to now.

Leave a comment:

• Hugged Rugger
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	3444bdca74b12065443fd854a602416d.gif
Views:	46
Size:	367.9 KB
ID:	2568904

Leave a comment:

• Piquet
    replied
    Originally posted by Piquet View Post
    Watch some Gob****e talking about Ajax's "vital away goal"
    Not so "vital" now

Leave a comment:

• tippete7trees
    replied

Goals aside....I know that's not a thing. But I thought Liverpool played them off he park in the 1 at leg. So I should have seen something happening in the return leg....but never thought they could overturn 3.
    My memory of the 1st leg is of Liverpool playing quite well but Barce always looking likely to score. Liverpool had decent chances but were very wasteful. Messi's free kick was an absolute miracle shot, no keeper could have saved it. Salah (?) missed an easy chance at the death and an away goal would have given them some chance but funnily, the 3-0 was probably Barce's undoing...........they thought the tie was over and came to Anfield complacent.

Leave a comment:

• AdolphusGrigson
    replied

They didn't deserve to lose 3-0 in the 1st leg also.
    Goals aside....I know that's not a thing. But I thought Liverpool played them off he park in the 1 at leg. So I should have seen something happening in the return leg....but never thought they could overturn 3.

Leave a comment:

• blackwarrior
    replied
    Reminded me of our Miracle Match ... they needed to win by four goals, etc. after being hockeyed in the away match. Great TV last night.

Leave a comment:

• Piquet
    replied
    Now here's a way to watch a match.

Leave a comment:

• tippete7trees
    replied

Fantastic result, but scoreline aside in 1st leg, Liverpool were by far the better team. Serious attitude problem with Barcelona players, time wasting and diving and far too much wasteful passing. Simply not good enough and Liverpool the better team.
    They didn't deserve to lose 3-0 in the 1st leg also.

Leave a comment:

• AdolphusGrigson
    replied
    Think Barce thought the tie was over. But never thought Liverpool could get through the game without conceding, had a bit of luck in the 1st half. Considering the opposition........one of the great comebacks/wins ever. They'll surely take the final by the scruff now and be hard to stop, be it Ajax or Tottingham Hot Spuds.
    Fantastic result, but scoreline aside in 1st leg, Liverpool were by far the better team. Serious attitude problem with Barcelona players, time wasting and diving and far too much wasteful passing. Simply not good enough and Liverpool the better team.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X