X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stanley
    replied
    John Delaney resigns from UEFA with immediate effect

John Delaney has with immediate effect resigned from his position on the UEFA Executive Committee
    www.rte.ie

For some reason UEFA are being kind to Del Boy, maybe he agreed to leave without any going away monies.

UEFA must be delighted with themselves he never got near their bank account.

It's also obvious UEFA feel no responsibility whatsoever that one of their employees has been at the centre of a financial scam at one of their member countries and have done nothing about it, other than today's wishy washy statement wishing him all the best, probably will write him a good reference as well.

Leave a comment:

• lawrence
    replied
    Originally posted by Sulla View Post
    IRFU hang FAI out to dry, no interest in buying up their share of the Aviva holding company.
    And why would they bother, it’s worth very little and they can buy it for half the price once the receiver gets it.

Leave a comment:

• Sulla
    replied
    IRFU hang FAI out to dry, no interest in buying up their share of the Aviva holding company.

Leave a comment:

• tippete7trees
    replied
    https://www.independent.ie/sport/soc...-38786664.html

Leave a comment:

• tippete7trees
    replied
    The Messiah Delaney liked to hold a last supper every night in the FAI bunker

Leave a comment:

• ustix
    replied
    Originally posted by tippete7trees View Post

Click image for larger version Name:	Delooney.jpg Views:	0 Size:	32.3 KB ID:	2586984

Bums on seats.
    11 small people maybe, one seems to be taking a snooze. Attendance doesn't look great either

Leave a comment:

• lawrence
    replied
    Limerick city FC set to fold. When the debts of the FAI eventually do get resolved, and the organisation begins to rebuild after it hits rock bottom (which I think is a bit off yet) then the worst part of delaneys legacy will be the way which he treated the LOI.

Leave a comment:

• tippete7trees
    replied
    Originally posted by Piquet View Post
    it beggars belief that the organisation that, in the words of someone whose name I have long forgotten, " has the Exclusive Irish (26 county) Franchise for the most popular game in the world" can lose that (or indeed, any) amount of money.

That takes some effort.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Delooney.jpg Views:	0 Size:	32.3 KB ID:	2586984

Bums on seats.

Leave a comment:

• coolroe
    replied
    Afternoon

Still Looking for 3 tickets to any home Liverpool league game this season.

Want to bring my 2 sons (9 & 7) as a Christmas present from me. Santa can bring the other crap they want.

Struggling to find 3 tickets together ( or 3 tickets anywhere!! )

Willing to take even 1 ticket as I have flights and accommodation booked

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• lawrence
    replied
    There are a few stakeholders who have some explaining to do.

Where do the auditors stand in all of this? When accounts are being reviewed for such large amounts over the last two years somebody somewhere was hiding something.

The media are now entering the “I told you so” phase, which is completely different from the “let’s get on the plane to wherever enjoy the junket and support the team and not criticize the FAI” phase that they have been in for the last 10+ years.

The club administrators and delegates of the FAI
    never once questioned Delaney in AGM’s. Nobody had the stones to take him on for fear they wouldn’t get whatever paltry funding was going.

The only person who should be commended for his work is Mark Tighe and whatever team is behind him at the Sunday Times.
    Last edited by lawrence; 6th-December-2019, 18:00.

Leave a comment:

• Hugged Rugger
    replied
    and that the leader of it can get a half mill payoff given the state he left it in

Leave a comment:

• Piquet
    replied
    it beggars belief that the organisation that, in the words of someone whose name I have long forgotten, " has the Exclusive Irish (26 county) Franchise for the most popular game in the world" can lose that (or indeed, any) amount of money.

That takes some effort.

Leave a comment:

• lawrence
    replied
    55 million only.
    Delaney should be knighted.

Leave a comment:

• Waterfordlad
    replied
    Three Ireland has confirmed it will not be renewing its sponsorship of the Republic of Ireland soccer teams.

Current sponsorship deal runs out next year

Leave a comment:

• lawrence
    replied
    If they do have to sell half the aviva then it would presumably be the IRFU that would buy it, but why would they bother, or more to the point why would they bother paying the market value, or anything close to the market value (if you can even decide what that is) for it?

The IRFU cant play any more games in it than they currently play, and concerts are only going to yield so much extra money. Hard to see where the additional income is going to come from to justify the cost.

As a landlord do you really want the FAI as tenants? The talk is that there will be 30 redundancies in the very short term.

It makes no financial sense for the FAI to become homeless and have to start paying rent, but to me it makes less sense for the IRFU to buy it unless they do so with a view to selling it back at a tasty mark up down the road.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X